R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2004, 12:52 PM   #211
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 135
Default

This was a great event. Congratulations to the Toledo team for hosting a great race.
Congratulations to all racers for a remarkable event.

Tossilini great job. Your motor was not fast but definetly consistent running with Twister Tires.

Awesome showing. Best of luck in future events.


Thanks
www.twistertires.com
racinghobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:31 PM   #212
Tech Addict
 
tomkelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit, Michigan USA
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Mike, thanks for the detail information and report......are you planning to sell the National on DVD...? Any link about the video?
Thanks...........
Mike Myers is not like Ray Wood. If we were lucky to have him there then we would have a sweet DVD.
__________________
Detroit Radio Control Car Club
www.drccc.org
tomkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:09 PM   #213
Tech Champion
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,697
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default Hey!

Quote:
Originally posted by racinghobbies
This was a great event. Congratulations to the Toledo team for hosting a great race.
Congratulations to all racers for a remarkable event.

Tossilini great job. Your motor was not fast but definetly consistent running with Twister Tires.

Awesome showing. Best of luck in future events.


Thanks
www.twistertires.com

It looks like you made it home o.k, It was nice to meet you we will talk soon.
__________________
HOBBYWING NORTH AMERICA /FALCON SEKIDO/ TEKNO RC TEAM/VBC Racing America/VP-PRO RACING TIRES/2010 R.O.A.R. VTA National Champion Driving a T2R PRO/NANO-TECH Batteries Paul Rush
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:30 PM   #214
Tech Addict
 
mikemyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 739
Default

Photos are posted... go to http://www.rc-racing.com and click on 'conferences'. Create an account, and then jump in. Go to the "2004 On-Road" conference, at the top of the list. Click on "Item List", and scroll down to item #97.

The report on the Main is in response #78.

Photos start at response #84.

If there are additional photos you'd like to see posted, leave a response there saying what you'd like to see - all together I've got well over 1,000 images from the event.


The complete report, with photos, results, and lots of other information, will be in an upcoming issue of RC Car Action.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:53 PM   #215
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tomkelley
Mike Myers is not like Ray Wood. If we were lucky to have him there then we would have a sweet DVD.
I was just hoping to see my A-main video....even the last 5 minutes are good...
Since you are talking about Ray's DVD..........do you know what is his website and can I purchased those DVD online...? Thanks.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:00 PM   #216
Tech Rookie
 
Backfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 19
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Or we can say this....HARA won the national by using a discontinued motor..............no wonder Maxy's is wearing the Serpent head.........I find that picture very interesting.

Last edited by Backfire; 09-09-2004 at 06:05 AM.
Backfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:19 PM   #217
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,116
Default

That was the Nova mega motor with a 11 fin max power head for more cooling. They tried the head on the Mega engine and it ran really cool.
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:26 PM   #218
Tech Regular
 
Thad Garner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Trabuco Canyon
Posts: 305
Default



Nope! That picture was taken before the main. We used that head (orange) off another motor we had (Max) because it was bigger and provided better cooling. The engine we used was not a Max engine but a nova mega. I put the purple head on the engine after the main because that was the original head that came on the engine and because the purple just looks better. Do you not believe me?
__________________
R1Wurks - Awesomatix USA
Thad Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:33 PM   #219
Tech Fanatic
 
etzkev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northville, MI
Posts: 790
Send a message via AIM to etzkev
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Thad Garner
Nope! That picture was taken before the main. We used that head (orange) off another motor we had (Max) because it was bigger and provided better cooling. The engine we used was not a Max engine but a nova mega. I put the purple head on the engine after the main because that was the original head that came on the engine and because the purple just looks better. Do you not believe me?
Haha, I beleive him because I actually saw him have to take off the once head for a displacement check, and then put the other on after.

-Kevin
etzkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:33 PM   #220
Tech Rookie
 
Backfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 19
Thumbs up

I Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. Just a little confused when I saw Max on the head. Congrats on the victory!!
Backfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:45 PM   #221
Tech Addict
 
tomkelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit, Michigan USA
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
I was just hoping to see my A-main video....even the last 5 minutes are good...
Since you are talking about Ray's DVD..........do you know what is his website and can I purchased those DVD online...? Thanks.
www.raywoodrcvideos.com
__________________
Detroit Radio Control Car Club
www.drccc.org
tomkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:01 AM   #222
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 251
Default Barry Baker's car & engine

Hi,

I heard that Barry Baker was using a LRP engine in heis Asso.

Does anyone has pics of the car and engine?
If so it would be great!

I thank you in advance.

Thomas
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:39 AM   #223
Tech Champion
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,697
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default Re: Barry Baker's car & engine

Quote:
Originally posted by 840918001
Hi,

I heard that Barry Baker was using a LRP engine in heis Asso.

Does anyone has pics of the car and engine?
If so it would be great!

I thank you in advance.

Thomas

No Barry was using an R/B Engine.
__________________
HOBBYWING NORTH AMERICA /FALCON SEKIDO/ TEKNO RC TEAM/VBC Racing America/VP-PRO RACING TIRES/2010 R.O.A.R. VTA National Champion Driving a T2R PRO/NANO-TECH Batteries Paul Rush
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:48 AM   #224
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tomkelley
www.raywoodrcvideos.com
Tom, the guys using the 710s with the Mazda shells, do you have a picture showing if they mounted the shell slightly more forward than normal. I know Julius mentioned about the Serpent team mounting the shell 2mm further forward than normal - they found it suited the 710 better like this. Would be interesting to know if Brian and Brandon also did this.

Cheers, Mark.

Last edited by markp27; 09-09-2004 at 06:57 AM.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:59 AM   #225
Tech Addict
 
tomkelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit, Michigan USA
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Tom, the guys using the 710s with the Mazda shells, do you have a picture showing if they mounted the shell slightly more forward than normal. I know Julius mentioned about the Serpent team mounting the shell 2mm further forward than normal - they found it suited the 710 better like this. Would be interesting to know if Brian and Brandon also did this.

Cheers, Mark.
I didn't hear much about it, but I could ask Brian Berry this weekend. Actually I have Art Carbonell's Mazda body. I can check that out later on.
__________________
Detroit Radio Control Car Club
www.drccc.org
tomkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Racing in Toledo, Ohio? molesc4 Track Locator Forum 13 11-04-2013 12:38 PM
Toledo Ohio, summer racing airshot Micro and Mini Scales 0 06-05-2008 12:31 PM
Toledo Ohio summer racing airshot Racing Forum 0 06-05-2008 12:24 PM
Toledo OHIO RACERS, please look Fastburn Nitro On-Road 2 04-21-2003 04:22 PM
Nitro Sedan Nats - Cinci , Ohio Woody Nitro On-Road 16 04-29-2002 09:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:49 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net