R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2004, 08:16 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Bandeira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 167
Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira
Default Drag Brake

Hey guys...

Havin' problems setting the drag brakes consisntently... they keep changing from run to run... Anybody got any good advice on this issue?

Thanks in advance...

cheers...
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:16 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
cyba888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Taipei
Posts: 988
Default

What servos are you using, you need to make sure your servos have enough torque in order to work consistent. I havent installed mine yet but im guessing that may be your problem.
__________________
2014 and 2015 BD7 Black Series, Yokomo RPX ESC- Yokomo 4.5T Motor
Yokomo B-MAX4 III Factory Team Kit, Muchmore ESC- LRP 6.5T Motor
Mugen MBX7R Eco- 2200 KV Motor
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:39 AM   #3
Tech Adept
 
Bandeira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 167
Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cyba888
What servos are you using, you need to make sure your servos have enough torque in order to work consistent. I havent installed mine yet but im guessing that may be your problem.
I do use hitorque servos... nah... that's not the problem... I don't know numbers but they are FUT9404
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:59 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: Drag Brake

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandeira
Hey guys...

Havin' problems setting the drag brakes consisntently... they keep changing from run to run... Anybody got any good advice on this issue?

Thanks in advance...

cheers...
Set it up so the trim on the radio adjusts the drag brake. Set the drag brake before every race by running with none then adjust the trim to increase it until it feels right

Its impossible to set it up on the linkage and expected it to be the same every meeeting or even every heat!

I have the Futaba 3PK and seup the throttle / brake servo to trim in steps of 1/100th instead of 5/100ths (factory settings). I then just touch the brake trim to increse the drag brake. I can even adjust during a heat. Best done on the straight!!
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:39 AM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Bandeira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 167
Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira
Default Re: Re: Drag Brake

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Set it up so the trim on the radio adjusts the drag brake. Set the drag brake before every race by running with none then adjust the trim to increase it until it feels right

Its impossible to set it up on the linkage and expected it to be the same every meeeting or even every heat!

I have the Futaba 3PK and seup the throttle / brake servo to trim in steps of 1/100th instead of 5/100ths (factory settings). I then just touch the brake trim to increse the drag brake. I can even adjust during a heat. Best done on the straight!!
With that you'll have your throttle neutal affected...

it would be better then to have the Throttle Acceleration function on on the dials(acessible by the LHand thumb) to you increase ThACC when you give more brake...
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:56 AM   #6
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: Re: Re: Drag Brake

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandeira
With that you'll have your throttle neutal affected...

it would be better then to have the Throttle Acceleration function on on the dials(acessible by the LHand thumb) to you increase ThACC when you give more brake...
Throttle neutral has to be set on the carb otherwise the throttle will be effected when you apply the brake. the throttle neutral has to be correct when there is a small gap between the servo link and the spring and the carb barrel is up against the throttle neutral adjusting screw

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:21 AM   #7
Tech Adept
 
Bandeira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 167
Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Drag Brake

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Throttle neutral has to be set on the carb otherwise the throttle will be effected when you apply the brake. the throttle neutral has to be correct when there is a small gap between the servo link and the spring and the carb barrel is up against the throttle neutral adjusting screw

Cheers
I know I know... but if you, in order to get more drag brake, trim a little bit more on the brake side, you'll have a gap between the trigger neutral position and the moment when the servo will start opening the carb
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #8
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Ok got it now. yes thats correct but in reality its only 1-2mm and you dont notice it when applying the throttle
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
Tech Addict
 
auzzy_mate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MIA Awesome Mansion
Posts: 703
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Stock Racing

Does anyone out there run much Drag/Auto Brake in Stock 17.5 racing.

I used to run 2/6 on my LRP but was thinking of going back to 0 for racing tomorrow, and then work my way up.

Ben
auzzy_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3pk drag brake Nitro Herb Radio and Electronics 3 01-09-2008 07:00 PM
Drag Brake alan Nitro On-Road 9 10-27-2005 09:49 PM
ECS- Auto brake/Neutral Brake/Drag brake RC12L3a Electric On-Road 6 11-21-2004 10:10 PM
drag brake, brake and reverse imjonah Rookie Zone 3 07-24-2004 07:20 PM
Drag brake Peter Busch Electric On-Road 7 06-26-2002 11:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:07 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net