R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   who here use the Ko Propo electric switch? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/45195-who-here-use-ko-propo-electric-switch.html)

cyba888 07-15-2004 09:16 AM

who here use the Ko Propo electric switch?

The only downside to this is that it drains your bettery even when its turned off. Does it drain the battery very fast or can you get a few good hours using it without draining your batts?

haywyre 07-15-2004 01:49 PM

switch

good switch, when it is off it's on when it's on it's off. go figure

B4 07-18-2004 03:27 AM

Re: who here use the Ko Propo electric switch?

Originally posted by cyba888
The only downside to this is that it drains your bettery even when its turned off. Does it drain the battery very fast or can you get a few good hours using it without draining your batts?
I'm using this switch on my 710. The only thing i do is disconnect the switch from the battery after the days racing. If you don't do this and are using NiMh batteries it will take to much out of the batteries and reduce there life.

I see other people don't use any switch at all, but I don't like that. In my case i also need to carry some extra weight as the car is under weight.

serpentsixty9 07-18-2004 08:11 AM

yah, i used it for a while, and everytime i was done runnin my car, i'd press the off button, and i knew i had a good 1/2 a pack left but when i went to go run it again, it was drained, i never liked it, it just drained my batts, when it was in the off, so i had to either unplug my bat from it, or just get a manual one, and i got a manual one, its a lot better and cheaper. mho

cyba888 07-18-2004 08:21 AM

Originally posted by serpentsixty9
yah, i used it for a while, and everytime i was done runnin my car, i'd press the off button, and i knew i had a good 1/2 a pack left but when i went to go run it again, it was drained, i never liked it, it just drained my batts, when it was in the off, so i had to either unplug my bat from it, or just get a manual one, and i got a manual one, its a lot better and cheaper. mho
Anyone else having fast battery drains from using the switch?

jeffreylin 07-18-2004 09:37 AM

Originally posted by cyba888
Anyone else having fast battery drains from using the switch?
Derek, I have one on my FW05R in LA. It drains your battery in a couple of days but works fine otherwise. I had no problems going through a race day with the switch--i.e. it does not drain the battery so much that you have noticable shorter run time compared to a regular on-off switch.

cyba888 07-18-2004 09:48 AM

I talked to you about that today at the track but I thought you didnt have one. Anyways glad to hear it works just fine. Have a safe trip back to LA and ill see you in a month or so. Hopefully you will have your new V One RRR :sneaky: ;)