Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Inferno GT2

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Kyosho Inferno GT2

Kyosho Inferno GT2 Red Bull Audi A4 DTM

The Kyosho Inferno GT created a buzz in the RC world and is one of the best selling RTR Nitro kits of all time! The craze has even created Spec classes and many On-Road racers to move over to the Inferno GT due to its bullet proof design and inexpensive parts. All this with 70+ Mph top speeds and incredible handling, only a few seconds off per lap compared to the fastest racing kits with expensive upgrades and engines.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrokings
Kyosho Inferno GT2 Red Bull Audi A4 DTM

The Kyosho Inferno GT created a buzz in the RC world and is one of the best selling RTR Nitro kits of all time! The craze has even created Spec classes and many On-Road racers to move over to the Inferno GT due to its bullet proof design and inexpensive parts. All this with 70+ Mph top speeds and incredible handling, only a few seconds off per lap compared to the fastest racing kits with expensive upgrades and engines.
7O+ MPH if you drop it out of a plane from 10,000 feet maybe

Its a fun car but your comparison is a joke

Maybe you should tell us how the traxxas 4Tech is the badest TC too.

Keep it real
Old 11-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Traxxas 4-Tec

The Traxxas 4-Tec blows the lid off 4WD sedan racing. The 4-Tec is loaded with trick parts giving you all the speed, handling, and performance you crave! The dual-belt, all-wheel-drive system is smooth, quiet, and precise. The incredible traction of 4-wheel-drive allows the 4-Tec to handle as if it were on a guided rail.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Cool Kyosho Inferno GT2

Kyosho Inferno GT2 Red Bull Audi A4 DTM RTR KYO31817B

Old 11-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Trust me when I tell you there is a reason the complete setup cost less than $500.00, they will never be competitive with 1/8 4WD on-road cars. But they are a great way for beginners to get into on-road racing and of course they are very realistic looking!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitrokings
The Traxxas 4-Tec blows the lid off 4WD sedan racing. The 4-Tec is loaded with trick parts giving you all the speed, handling, and performance you crave! The dual-belt, all-wheel-drive system is smooth, quiet, and precise. The incredible traction of 4-wheel-drive allows the 4-Tec to handle as if it were on a guided rail.
LMFAO!!!

I have every gas on-road class Kyosho offers including a recent purchase of an Audi DTM GT2. This is no 1/8 th onroad. It is very entertaining---and with some upgrades competitive. After buying the rtr ($440) I immediately had to upgrade the following in order to get race worthy performance:

SP Brake w/ Sintered pads ($50.00)
2 servos - .07 transit 140oz ($140.00)
4 ipanema slicks ($60.00)
Fr Silver Springs ($20.00)
F/R SP torque rods ($28.00)
Diff/Shock Oils ($20.00)
Metal 2nd gear ($25.00)
F/R sway bars ($25.00)

Already over $800 .....and this does not include a a motor/pipe upgrade which will cost roughly $400 or the $80 transmission fix....

That being said, the car handles quite well with the upgrades, but is still no 1/8th. It does look more realistic going around the track which is the big draw with the gt2.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Agreed, that pretty much covers everything. Oh yeah replacement bodies are very pricey except for the Protoform which only fits the short wheelbase car.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

No metal spur gears.. get the IGW008 Evolva-type tranny instead, it's a direct drop-in to GT2. This will make Inferno GT a step closer to a real race car and can handle any motor with ease.

6V hump pack or a RX lipo (potentially with suitable HV servos, like Hitec's).
Old 11-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikaR
No metal spur gears.. get the IGW008 Evolva-type tranny instead, it's a direct drop-in to GT2. This will make Inferno GT a step closer to a real race car and can handle any motor with ease.

6V hump pack or a RX lipo (potentially with suitable HV servos, like Hitec's).
Besides the weight of the metal spur gear (only 2nd) what's the drawback? The

new kyosho tranny has very limited top end (19/43 vs stock 21/40)
Old 11-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

well, I guess it depends were you run. you're right, for bashing and speed runs the metal 2nd gear may be the right choice (haven't tried myself). for racing/track use, IGW tranny is the choice
Old 11-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
Besides the weight of the metal spur gear (only 2nd) what's the drawback? The

new kyosho tranny has very limited top end (19/43 vs stock 21/40)
I tried a HPI metal 2nd gear on my GT2. I had to change the gear selector disk also when using the metal gear.

I had high hopes that this combination would be the answer to the stripped 2nd gears but it was not! I ended up breaking the metal gear.

The best long term solution is the Kyigw008 (in stock).
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT2-metal-gear.jpg  
Old 11-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I tried a HPI metal 2nd gear on my GT2. I had to change the gear selector disk also when using the metal gear.

I had high hopes that this combination would be the answer to the stripped 2nd gears but it was not! I ended up breaking the metal gear.

The best long term solution is the Kyigw008 (in stock).
Any chance Kyosho will develop the original 2nd ratio for the new transmission?
Old 11-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Actually the original is what they have today. GT2 15/21 was something in between and experiences aren't high. Hence I doubt. They already tried to chance the material which was a poor try.

I thought you were talking about the Dragon racing metal spur gears. The HPI gear didn't last even a tank for me (I tried that one).
Old 11-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikaR
Actually the original is what they have today. GT2 15/21 was something in between and experiences aren't high. Hence I doubt. They already tried to chance the material which was a poor try.

I thought you were talking about the Dragon racing metal spur gears. The HPI gear didn't last even a tank for me (I tried that one).
No....I have the Dragon metal spur....not HPI. Tx.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
No....I have the Dragon metal spur....not HPI. Tx.
The Dragon gears look bomb proof, I bought some but never used them because the new Kyosho transmission was released.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.