Wiki Posts
Search

fuel tank problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation fuel tank problems

hey if anyone can help me on this please do i just bought a new hpi rs4 evo
and it bogs on the turns when i push the accelerator never had this problem on eny of my other nitro cars?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

had the same issue. put both your needles all the way in, then with your highspeed turn it 3 times out and same with low speed, try it, then readjust them as you go. forsome reason these rs4's do that even if there is still fuel in motor. mine did forawhile and i would have to go chase it down, if that doesnt help try to add some extra inches on to your fuel line. if that doesnt work, id check and see if your carb may be moving on you or your idle is to low. hope it works man
Old 10-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Question to ask. Does it happen all the time? Have air bubbles in the Fuel hose between the tank and carb? Is the tank full or below half full?
Old 10-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Initiate

My RS4's problems all came down to a bad tank seal, now I have the joy of re-tuning the engine. But mine is also old school original RS4 Racer.

There is a reason I replaced my original fuel tank with a Serpent tank besides it being larger, it got rid of the leak prone fuel primer.