Tech Adept

Default Novarossi NRS-RR12L3??

has anyone seen this??

apparently just out...

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....roducts_id=994
Old 11-11-2003, 02:37 PM
afm
Tech Master

This is a Novarossi engine sold only through Mugen Seiki in Japan, and is the engine that was used by Keisuke Fukuda to TQ and win for Mugen the 1st JMRCA 1:10 GP gas touring open class championship in October. It is the first true long stroke .12 engine produced specailly for smaall tight tracks. Following it's specs.

NOVAROSSI RR12L3 TURBO ENGINE Long Stroke Technical DataRR12L3
CAPACITY 2.1 c.c.
POWER 1.52 H.P.
RPM 41.000
STROKE 14.25m/m
BORE 13.70m/m
PORTS 3
SHAFT 11.5 mm
G.HEAD Turbo
Old 11-12-2003, 01:49 AM
Tech Adept

WOW!

where did you find this out?
Old 11-12-2003, 06:32 AM
afm
Tech Master

The information about the engine and all other Novarossi engines available in Japan you can find them at: www.mugenseiki.com web page, but you have to click on the Japanese version of it, when you're in, then click on the left menu on Novarossi, then on the first of three options (for 2.1cc engines). If you have altavista search engine you can have a translation to english of the web page. Have fun.
With respect to info on the results of the JRMCA, got them navigating on several pages, including Novarossi's web page.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

That is interesting about altavista translations. If I wanted to translate this site:

http://www.kawahara-racing.co.jp/

How do I get altavista to do it?
Old 11-12-2003, 09:10 AM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by Leadfinger
That is interesting about altavista translations. If I wanted to translate this site:

http://www.kawahara-racing.co.jp/

How do I get altavista to do it?
Go to www.altavista.com and click on Translate. Then either enter text or the URL and choose the languages to convert from/to. Google (www.google.com) does the same thing and the translations are usually faster, but they don't support quite as many languages. For Google click on Services & Tools and then under the Google Tools header you'll find the Google Translate Tool, among other things.

As far as JMRCA results, everything is on www.jmrca.com as well some other sites like afm mentioned. Also, HPI Japan has the entire 40 minutes of that race on video and available for download.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

That rocks. Thanks!
Old 11-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

The guy at Novarossi said this

"There is this engine RR12L3 and also RR12 L5 with a different stroke compared to the NS12 engine (14,25 instead of 14,05) and a different piston (microcasted).

Regards

NOVAROSSI SNC"
Old 11-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KMW
Go to www.altavista.com and click on Translate. Then either enter text or the URL and choose the languages to convert from/to. Google (www.google.com) does the same thing and the translations are usually faster, but they don't support quite as many languages. For Google click on Services & Tools and then under the Google Tools header you'll find the Google Translate Tool, among other things.

As far as JMRCA results, everything is on www.jmrca.com as well some other sites like afm mentioned. Also, HPI Japan has the entire 40 minutes of that race on video and available for download.
thks now i can read Jap. text..........
Old 11-14-2003, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Thanks from me too for helping us figure out how to translate... very helpful.

And this new engine is really making my choice for a new engine harder... looks perfect though.

As for the JMRCA nitro touring movie that HPI has... I wish it was zipped so I could run it off the internet... my connection is slower than hell (and so is my computer).
Old 11-14-2003, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

hey,

thanx for the translation... i was trying to read it and gave up, then came the translation heheh.

imma considering one myself since i race at one of Australia's tightesty tracks... what do you guys rekon? seen any good reviews?
Old 11-17-2003, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

Well, one racer here has had it for a while, and he screams with just 3 ports and a standard plug. As fast as many of the 5 port turbo engines, and faster than most. He's had it for a while... he got it from Mugen directly a while ago... he was running at the Nationals and he got it from his hookups.

Crazy power. And off the line is just ridiculous too!

The one that is commercially available now is a 3port turbo version though, so slightly different. But the plug is the only difference.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Im2lazy
Well, one racer here has had it for a while, and he screams with just 3 ports and a standard plug. As fast as many of the 5 port turbo engines, and faster than most. He's had it for a while... he got it from Mugen directly a while ago... he was running at the Nationals and he got it from his hookups.

Crazy power. And off the line is just ridiculous too!

The one that is commercially available now is a 3port turbo version though, so slightly different. But the plug is the only difference.
holy cow!!

thnx for that!!! at last, someone with first had experience heheh. did u see it go personally?
Old 11-17-2003, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

I race against it consistently and it constantly kicks my engines sorry ass.

Its hard to forget some of the moves he's made off the line... he had a bad time of it in qualifying and landed in the 4 spot... shot past the 3rd place guy and the 2nd place guy before the first corner (a sweeper) and by the time he got through the sweeper he had reeled in the TQ.

The power is not only low, but throughout the range all the way to the top... as he said himself, and everyone else has to agree with this statement, Novarossi is going to sell a lot of NSr-RR12's because they are crazy fast even without any mods or major tricks (though he did get a ceramic rear bearing for the engine).
Old 11-26-2003, 12:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Racers, we just got some Novarossi RR12L5 in stock. Please visit our web. The RR12L3 should be arrive soon.

King
RC-mushroom

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.