Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree33Likes

Xray RX8 1/8th Scale

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Roelof
For 12 washes setting the clutch to 1mm gap each washer just need a movement of 0.08mm and believe me, they can. You have to think one thing different, you do not need a lot of pre-tension. Just screw the nut against the washers so they are locked up without a tension, from there you just need an half to max 1 turn to get the right clutch.

You can run normal gap settings of about 0.7~0.8mm as most drivers are used to have.
I think the only thing that solves this clutch issue is to use the new version of 2012 !!! Hope that this will work better!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Angry RX8 2012 missing part!

As I assembling the RX8 and I noticed a missing part "Graphite Extensions for Suspension Arms - Rear Lower" #343190. Is anyone know an online shops so I can order it? Already reported to Xray, but no replied yet. Any help would much appreciated!!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skaidragon
As I assembling the RX8 and I noticed a missing part "Graphite Extensions for Suspension Arms - Rear Lower" #343190. Is anyone know an online shops so I can order it? Already reported to Xray, but no replied yet. Any help would much appreciated!!
Hi,

Where do you live? if its in north or south America, RCAmerica can help you on that. 214-744-2400. I am sure they will make things right for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks Drew
Old 04-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Hi,

Where do you live? if its in north or south America, RCAmerica can help you on that. 214-744-2400. I am sure they will make things right for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks Drew
I sure will contact RCAmerica. I am from Texas. Thanks a bunch Drew!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skaidragon
I sure will contact RCAmerica. I am from Texas. Thanks a bunch Drew!
NP. Talked with Ralph today about it, so he will be awaiting your call. Let us know if there is anything else.

Thanks Drew
Old 05-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi,

Im new to 1/8th on road and was wonder what ways do i go about getting the right gearing for my home track it has to fast straights one being around 40 to 50m and the back straight of around 70+ I think. What sort of gain can i make out of gearing the car better for a longer wind out from factpry and what does what. As in higher pionion of first gear will....? Or lower spur gear on 2nd gear will..? ect.

Thanks for any input.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's always safer to gear it little bit too long to prevent it overrevving. Usually shorter gearing gives you better lap-times, but also sometimes more problems.
Detonation is the worst kind of problem that can happen. It needs a too lean setting of main needle together with too short gearing.

For my mugen 17/21 and 49/46 is always safe for 70m back-straight. There should not be too much difference with Xray.

-X-
Old 05-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sonter
Hello Friends, could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong with the clutch! I have removed the stock spring clutch and installed the conical washers but the clutch seems not going out too much to make contact with the bell. Any help please?
Check my massage"
Follow the standard, 0.7mm bell clearnace and 0.5mm preload for washsers.
But make sure the engine nut is 14.2mm one, not 13.8mm (NT1). I mess it up and set preload in 0.5mm, the car can't launch. "

First measure the engine nut, if 14,2mm is will be fine, I can preload the washer in 0.8mm max.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi,
Im having trouble understanding the gearing of my rx8. Been away for a long time and have forgetten how it all works.

Note: small track tight infield with two 25m straights.

Im running my rx8 on a short very tight track and having trouble with keeping the temp on the mOtor down. Is the problem overgeared or under geared? I also am only able to drop one tooth on the pinion as this is the lowest xray make 16t.(1st gear)? Will one tooth make a big diffrence or is there more I can do? Tire diameter etc.

Could the motor be overheating due to the constant on and off of the throttle?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Lord

With that size of track I would sugest an offroad engine. More bottom torque and a better milage will be the advantage within the range of the gearing..
Old 06-01-2012, 04:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sonter
I think the only thing that solves this clutch issue is to use the new version of 2012 !!! Hope that this will work better!
There is nothing wrong with 2011 clutch! it seems to me that the minute someone can't set up the clutch correctly they then jump on the blame band wagon...the only thing that ppl should is solve how to set up clutches. i love my 2011 clutch set, and with the washers, clutch is so awesome to use.

Follow how XRAY want you to run in the clutch shoes and there will be no problem, make sure your gaps are set correctly, bearings are good and you should have a perfect clutch! your clutch shoes will last long time also, i am currently using a red shoe, which has lasted me now 3 full club days!!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xray man
Hi,
Im having trouble understanding the gearing of my rx8. Been away for a long time and have forgetten how it all works.

Note: small track tight infield with two 25m straights.

Im running my rx8 on a short very tight track and having trouble with keeping the temp on the mOtor down. Is the problem overgeared or under geared? I also am only able to drop one tooth on the pinion as this is the lowest xray make 16t.(1st gear)? Will one tooth make a big diffrence or is there more I can do? Tire diameter etc.

Could the motor be overheating due to the constant on and off of the throttle?

Thanks in advance.
I think 25m straight is too small for 1/8 cars, even for 1/10 GP.
Anyway if you want to set the car with the track, i suggest 16/19 pinion gears with 50/47 spur gears. Although not the best combination, but that are most adaptable gears you can get on the market. Also use small diameter tyres (rear <70mm ?). Those settings will make the engine works better. But again it will produce big torque which may difficult to handle on the small track.

IMHO, better find bigger track nearby so you can really enjoy the car and the power it produced.

My 2cents.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Guys looking at muy first 1/8 onraod jus wanted to ask if there is much of a difference between the 11 & 12 my LHS has a 11 spec at a great price jus wondering if i should pull the trigger
Old 06-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by transplantlife
Guys looking at muy first 1/8 onraod jus wanted to ask if there is much of a difference between the 11 & 12 my LHS has a 11 spec at a great price jus wondering if i should pull the trigger
Well, the 2012 car has more over all traction. The 2012 update is :

Chassis plate with more flex
New light weight main shaft
New front upper and lower a arms
Extended lower shock mounts front and rear.
New cut upper deck
New steering geometry
New clutch set

The 2011 car runs good with just the new chassis plate added to it. Jason C. and I got 3rd and 4th last weekend at the Byron's Challenge. Jason was running the 2012 and I ran the 2011(for the last time). The two cars do need different shock packages.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Xray 2012 RX8

Originally Posted by transplantlife

Andrew,

Just go for the 2012 RX8, if you need help assembling or need any setup help .................. please feel free to call me !!!!

Alex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.