R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #661
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

not at all, if u had a few hundred dollars spent outta the country, im sure you would inquire about the company when no confirmation or anything was sent to me...but when peeps BUTT in and take it outta context,thats when it gets a lil heated...lol .. back on track, than for the flyweight tip, that's what i thought, im coming from a mrx4 clutch "old school" since i had a 1/8 in my hands, this clutch is new to me, and this JP has all sorts of legs, but a soft bottom, so i have the flyweights leading, i think ill try them trailing to see what that does, ...lol at first i had them just sitting between pins, first mistake, but , theres a ton of help/support on here, im getting it on track. regionals this weekend, trying to get it together.....

possibly drilling the other hole not being used in flyweight would render some more "snap"?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #662
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBlazin View Post
not at all, if u had a few hundred dollars spent outta the country, im sure you would inquire about the company when no confirmation or anything was sent to me...but when peeps BUTT in and take it outta context,thats when it gets a lil heated...lol .. back on track, than for the flyweight tip, that's what i thought, im coming from a mrx4 clutch "old school" since i had a 1/8 in my hands, this clutch is new to me, and this JP has all sorts of legs, but a soft bottom, so i have the flyweights leading, i think ill try them trailing to see what that does, ...lol at first i had them just sitting between pins, first mistake, but , theres a ton of help/support on here, im getting it on track. regionals this weekend, trying to get it together.....

possibly drilling the other hole not being used in flyweight would render some more "snap"?

Well,

Re. shop, I experienced the same when I order some parts in Holland, then I called for refund end up. But I think this shop is reliable, so keep tracking your parcel in the system

Re. Clutch. Oic, u get used to MRX4 clutch, its totally different. The push type weight gave your fast engagement, same as V8, still using 4D push weight, but the spring should be very hard to compensate the fast engagement, I guess.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #663
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Gentlemen, Tommy does not race!!! All the advice and help you guys have been giving him is a waste of time. Check the powerline thread, you will see what I talking about. He's almost certainly has NEVER even tested the things you guys advice him on. No blown clutches cause he has not been to a track.

Ignore him and his questions.

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #664
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
Gentlemen, Tommy does not race!!! All the advice and help you guys have been giving him is a waste of time. Check the powerline thread, you will see what I talking about. He's almost certainly has NEVER even tested the things you guys advice him on. No blown clutches cause he has not been to a track.

Ignore him and his questions.
Why are you trashing him he's just trying to get his stuff dialed in Isnt what this thread is for. Why if so it seems are you following him around ?? I think he's leaving these questions for drew and other xray drivers. Not you. Let's keep the peace and get back to racing.
racerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #665
Tech Elite

EXACTLLY thats what does,everywhere he goes,has NO friends, moved to florida and still persists to annoy people back north, and i havent raced my 1/8 this season yet, ur right, but its been on the track PLENTY, and tested thoroughly,and in its current state it will EAT ur sheperd,the only reason i missed the last race was because i have no parts, and pooh, i race carpet, 1/8 buggy/micro's/ as well as mini's, you dont know anything about me, now move on. before you open ur mouth ask around, i am undefeated carpet at my local track, and have a trophy wall the size of ur apt, with your 15 kids, now stop worrying about me, and get a job, so you stop taking my tax money to feed those mouths, especially the biggest YOURS...sorry guys, he polluted the floyd thread for years, WE finally got rid of him, now he finds his way anywhere he can get attention.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #666
M7H
Tech Elite

I really like the atmosphere here...

Let me get some beer and chips.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #667
Tech Elite

Just got off the phone with the Xray Boys sitting down for some breakfast back at the Byrons race...... will be heading out to the trackin a bit and fill us in this evening how practice went. good luck guys wish I was there...

We have a Race tomorrow at TZR and I'll be anxious to get my RX8 back out.....
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #668
Tech Regular

Default wow

it does not matter if hes went anywere to race its i didnt c pooh at vegas this year or any other year so what is his point only that he can show his true color.back to racing
Old 06-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #669
Tech Rookie

For the guys who is using the R15B body, how far forward from the centre of the bumper do you mount your body (assuming your body posts are in the forward position)? If you had a second chance, would you mount it differently? Any comments are welcome, thanks
etdirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #670
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdirect View Post
For the guys who is using the R15B body, how far forward from the centre of the bumper do you mount your body (assuming your body posts are in the forward position)? If you had a second chance, would you mount it differently? Any comments are welcome, thanks
Mount 1cm from the edge of the bumper, not the center of the bumper. Approx 15mm from center of bumper
Old 06-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #671
Tech Elite

Default FYI

Just a little build tip. Put a 3x12 grub screw in the front arms for the lower shock mount instead of the 3x8 that come in the kit. I had one on each side want to pull out at the Byron's race this weekend without any impacts. Love the car. Thanks Drew for the help this weekend!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #672
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebone View Post
Mount 1cm from the edge of the bumper, not the center of the bumper. Approx 15mm from center of bumper
WOW mine is mounted way more forward than that, but it was dialed on saturday,lapping the field relentlessly, GREAT CAR...i will grab another one and try that, could only give more steering,. sweet
Old 06-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #673
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Hey guys we continue to be impressed with our RX8. This weekend at the Byrons race Loran made the A after bumping up from the B. She finished 5th after the 60 minute final by being patient and staying out of trouble and this was only her second time running 8th scale. We are still not quite on pace but making progress. The car is durable too. Her car is bone stock with the exception of the Serpent yellow shoe that I modified slightly to fit the stock clutch and the shock spings we are still playing with but for the Byrons we ran Mugen white fronts and Gray rears but I would have liked to try the red Xray rear touring car spring but never had time to test it. I also tried the mugen gray spring on the front but the car seemed to lay over in the front a little too much. 32 fronts and 35 rears.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #674
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting View Post
Hey guys we continue to be impressed with our RX8. This weekend at the Byrons race Loran made the A after bumping up from the B. She finished 5th after the 60 minute final by being patient and staying out of trouble and this was only her second time running 8th scale. We are still not quite on pace but making progress. The car is durable too. Her car is bone stock with the exception of the Serpent yellow shoe that I modified slightly to fit the stock clutch and the shock spings we are still playing with but for the Byrons we ran Mugen white fronts and Gray rears but I would have liked to try the red Xray rear touring car spring but never had time to test it. I also tried the mugen gray spring on the front but the car seemed to lay over in the front a little too much. 32 fronts and 35 rears.
The car works great straight out of the box have you change anything on your set up?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:34 AM   #675
Tech Elite

Default ABEC 35

Hi guys, i want to buy the XCO ceramic abec 35 sets along with some of there clutch bearings etc, does anyone know a place in the usa who stocks such sets? thanx.... want to ask here w/o opening up a thread....