R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #196
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Cuz most of them cowarded away from the thoughts of Swaugzilla with an XRAY...
your right about that LOL !!
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #197
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys remember the car is still a Prototype ... they very well could be using some springs from different cars. Don't be surprised if the ACTUAL XR8 looks slightly different or has some aluminum parts to it.

I think that Lemieux was using touring car springs on his 1/8th scale

Oh and just so you know, I think you can count on one hand the number of guys that can turn 26 laps at Ft Myers, even if the field is light ... you have to wonder WHY the field is light ?? We have seen World champions come to Ft Myers and struggle to make the B.

It's the toughest track in the World and for some reason Mike just has this place dialed ... it seems, it doesn't matter what car he is driving

Chris
Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #198
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

+1 on that Chris. Mike just flat out owns that place. One of the best finals was last year with Mike and Paolo going for it! Mike could drive a proceed faster than most with a current car.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #199
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
Mike just flat out owns that place.
I said that exact same thing two years ago and you flat out blasted me for it.

Ft. Meyers is the only place I have ever seen world class pros drive scared at. The ones that don't usually break. Mike is one of the few that seems to be able to hammer down around that place for a full main and not destroy the car.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #200
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

I am pretty sure Hudy hasn't designed new springs for his 1/8th scale just yet and in an effort to make the Toy Fair and this race's time window, he just released it with one set of springs, instead of a various sets to allow drivers to setup accordingly (This is what I am inferring)...

I do not know the reason for using Mugen's clutch and spur gears... But I am thinking it has to do with replacement parts that are not enough to go through two races... Or even 3 cars...

Or it could just be that since Mike and Ralph already had owned the 4... and had the 4 clutch pretty much dialed in... They decided to use it and focus on the car's setup and then if there was time, focus on the XRAY clutch...

It could be many things... Remember that its the job of top drivers to research all possible things to further improve a new or old platform...

Its not easy having a new car and trying to figure out all of its tricks in just 1-2 races...

Good luck to Mike, Ralph and Paul in the mains...

I really have to take my hat off at Paul for being on pace in a class he never had raced before, with a new car...
Old 02-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #201
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Or it could just be that since Mike and Ralph already had owned the 4... and had the 4 clutch pretty much dialed in... They decided to use it and focus on the car's setup and then if there was time, focus on the XRAY clutch...
This is what im thinking. Dont need to be messing around trying to learn a new clutch when you have a new chassis to worry about.

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #202
Tech Adept

Man, it's good to see all the brands' supporters are represented well in here! Maybe I should post some copies of RC America invoices to a few different manufacturers who purchased NT1 drivetrain parts and HUDY items before the sedan Worlds? I think we purchased some bodies and composite gears, but the list of what we sold was a bit larger. I just need to go find the appropriate threads to loiter in!

We sent some starter boxes to the guys this week as we were out of stock when they left for the races. They may not have wanted to mess with setting them up late in the game. I believe we only had 2 or 3 clutch pads total sent with the prototype kits, so it's quite possible they kept those for 1 or 2 of the guys and used a different setup on the other cars to make sure spares were not an issue. We didn't have any spare radio trays, and I think only 1 spare chassis, so if someone wadded one up, they were going to scavage parts for the other two. With only a few more mains, hopefully that won't be an issue!

Bryan
RC America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #203
Tech Champion

One kit on order

ETA : March
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #204
Tech Champion

I think RX8 is copy version of NT1 with more rooms for adjustment.

I love RX8 at first sight !!!
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #205
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default X-RAY

I think its great that x-ray finally came out with a 1/8th scale car.It can only help a class that is losing people every year.With the new Capricorn car and the new mugen car this class hopefully will grow this season.You guys are picking on this car before they even got through one race,and they are doing pretty good at the first one.Mr. Desoto you of all people should understand the pains of putting a prototype car on the track for the first time.You guys messing with them about springs and clutch parts,common guys give them a chance.I am going to run the new Mugen car this year,but all you guys who run the X-RAY good luck and we will see you at the races.
ltrdude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #206
Tech Fanatic

Smile

Good luck mike! No matter what chasis hes a top driver! It should be a great coming worlds with so many models!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #207
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrats to Mike Swauger and his XRAY RX8 for winning the 2011 Florida WinterNats !!
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #208
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default congrats

congrats to xray on the wins ...swauger and burch......great job drew in the pits ............rx8 is on the map.....
Old 02-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #209
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Congrats Ralphie, also congrats Mike and Drew for keeping them rollin'
Old 02-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #210
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

congrats to Ralph,brad r, mike,paul & drew great presentation of the future
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 02-05-2011 at 02:36 PM.
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote