R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   kyosho front and rear belt tight on the most loose setting (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/438668-kyosho-front-rear-belt-tight-most-loose-setting.html)

kyoshoevolvam3 09-28-2010 02:13 PM

kyosho front and rear belt tight on the most loose setting

hi people im having great difficulty getting the rear and front belt on the kyoaho evolva m3 to be loose.Ive put the belts on the loose possble setting but there not enough play as there should be is there anyone who has experinced this before.Could it be the cups that hold the bearings that are wrong ones ive checked them they say the same right number left and right the same im puzzled ive spent hours trying to sort the belts out i dont know what do do next.If anyone has any ideas how i can make my belts looser i would apresiate some answers to my problem.

cheers people

gfilos 09-28-2010 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by kyoshoevolvam3 (Post 7998758)
hi people im having great difficulty getting the rear and front belt on the kyoaho evolva m3 to be loose.Ive put the belts on the loose possble setting but there not enough play as there should be is there anyone who has experinced this before.Could it be the cups that hold the bearings that are wrong ones ive checked them they say the same right number left and right the same im puzzled ive spent hours trying to sort the belts out i dont know what do do next.If anyone has any ideas how i can make my belts looser i would apresiate some answers to my problem.

cheers people

i have no idea about the car, but maybe eccenters are different front to back, not only left and right.

kyoshoevolvam3 09-28-2010 02:28 PM

sorry what is eccenter ?

gfilos 09-28-2010 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by kyoshoevolvam3 (Post 7998810)
sorry what is eccenter ?

the cup that the bearing goes in.

kyoshoevolvam3 09-28-2010 02:43 PM

oh yea im goin to get new ones i think as i want to be dead sure cheers

gfilos 09-28-2010 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by kyoshoevolvam3 (Post 7998870)
oh yea im goin to get new ones i think as i want to be dead sure cheers

why getting new ones? Check the manual, do the refer as a different part number (rear and front i mean)?

GMartinez 09-28-2010 03:04 PM

for the kyosho there is a left & right make sure there installed correctly

kyoshoevolvam3 09-29-2010 07:15 AM

Can I buy Eccenters for the elova m3 seperate does anyone know

davidl 10-02-2010 07:05 PM

Guys, it is all about the pulley. Look at the parts list for the M3 and use the pulleys identified there. There are other pulley sets for the Evolva and the Delta that will not fit this application. It turns out there are two different sizes of the pully for the one-way shaft, even though they have the same number of teeth. Good luck.