Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
how often and when will i know when to change bearings on my 21 on road engine ? >

how often and when will i know when to change bearings on my 21 on road engine ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how often and when will i know when to change bearings on my 21 on road engine ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default how often and when will i know when to change bearings on my 21 on road engine ?

Hi people how often and when would I know when its ready to change my bearings on my novarossi 35 plus 21 engine and what's the best thing to relube them with.

Cheers.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kyoshoevolvam3
Hi people how often and when would I know when its ready to change my bearings on my novarossi 35 plus 21 engine and what's the best thing to relube them with.

Cheers.
Experienced drivers can hear a bearing going bad by the sound of the motor. There is no predefined time spot when bearing must be changed. It all depends from the use. Check the bearing in a regular basis, lets say every gallon. Bearing should feel super smooth. If you are feeling that the bearing has some play or the doesnt run smooth, change it (you can always compare it with a new one). On the second change of the rear bearing, i also recommend changing the front. I have seen destroyed motors from a faulty rear bearing, so give some attension to it. I have saved a motor with a bad bearing twice just because i check it regularly. As for lube, after run oil/bearing oil is just fine. Just dont let it dry after cleaning the motor.

hope it helps.