Wiki Posts
Search

Picco to Serpent !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Picco to Serpent !!!!!!!

Hi Guys....

Check this out. Team Serpent are to start using Picco based engines from now on and Alberto Picco is to join the Team. The Picco Speed has been sold to another company meaning that Picco will only concentrate on manufacturing engines from now on.

Its already know that Salven has already started testing out the new Picco engines with surprising results.

I have also got know that another famous driver has teamed up with Picco engines however I am not going to mention any names before the info goes public...... Its shocking news

Bye
Old 06-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

where exactly do you get this information? maybe its just a hoax unless you got it from a well respected known source
Old 06-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Hi FWO5R ,

Before I post something I am always very sure that I do not post any mis leading info, however if you want the source of info here is the link from a very repected site in Italy .....

http://www.automodellismo.net/defaul...tent=474&mnu=1

Hope you understand Italian

Bye
Old 06-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

I guess at this point Serpent is trying anything to win.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

The Italian text from your link roughly translated:
(www.freetranslation.com is always a good laugh!)

Translation

Summit leaves, or rather doubles! That something it boiled in house Summit it was known for some time, but now the games seem done and ufficializzabili: the Summit Speed goes of hand, like already happened with the Rally Game now "revived" in Schepis MZ1, but the blow to effect pertains above all the engines with a sensational one "marriage" with the Serpent!

How already preannuncito from another one reviewed on line (Echo), the Speed goes of hand, crossing the national boundaries to direct itself to North, but the passage of hand is not mark of smobiliztazione aside of the Summit that instead square an unexpected blow, gaining the alliance of the Serpent.

Svincolata from the weight of the construction of models, the Summit returns to concentrate itself on what knows to do better, that is the engines. Salven already is experiencing the engines of Gualtiero, Alberto and Edoardo with results that says be surprising itself.

The future would be able therefore to see some Mega "by Summit" to the place of the present Mega "by Nova". The passage of the Serpent to another manufacturer has been unexpected, but not unpublished visa that the Dutch house, before the long association with the Novarossi, had experienced different roads between that the same Summit and, above all, the Red.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by FW05R
where exactly do you get this information? maybe its just a hoax unless you got it from a well respected known source
Its no hoax. I learned about this 2+ weeks ago. Michael has been testing Picco's for a few weeks now. There have been varying stories regarding the situation but Serpent are going to be using Picco Engines next year.

Apparently Ms. Rossi is wanting to sell up her shares in the company and that meant breaking ties with Serpent also.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Yes infact ...loads of activities going on at Novarossi ...wait till you hear who is the person teaming up with Picco engines shortly. ..... something I have never expected.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pro Models
Yes infact ...loads of activities going on at Novarossi ...wait till you hear who is the person teaming up with Picco engines shortly. ..... something I have never expected.
I already heard this too but I wont be the one to open this can of worms
Old 06-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Default In babelfish

Peak leaves, indeed it doubles! That something bubbled in house Peak was famous for a long time, but by now the games seem made and ufficializzabili: the Speed Peak passes of hand, like already succeeded with the Game Rally hour "rinata" in Schepis MZ1, but the blow to effect above all regards the motors with a clamorous one "matrimonio" with the Serpent! Like already preannuncito from un'altra review on linens (Echo), the Speed passes of hand, crossing the national borders in order to head to North, but the hand passage is not sign of smobiliztazione from part of the Peak that instead public square an unexpected blow, conquering l'alleanza of the Serpent. Svincolata from the weight of the construction of models, the Peak returns to concentrate itself on what it knows to make better, that is the motors. Salven is already trying the motors of Gualtiero, Alberto and Edoardo with turns out to you that it is said are amazing. The future could therefore see of the Mega "by Picco" in place of Mega "by Nova" puts into effect them;. The passage of the Serpent to an other constructor would be unexpected, but not unknown inasmuch as the Dutch house, before along society with the Novarossi, had tried various roads between which the Peak same and, above all, the Red ones. It is not from excluding, indeed it is given like most probable and imminent, the passage of Alberto Peak to the Serpent. It would be indeed interesting to see Alberto with the same one 950R of Domanin, Fantini, Colombini and Salven!
Old 06-28-2004, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Apparently Ms. Rossi is wanting to sell up her shares in the company and that meant breaking ties with Serpent also.
What about RB? Don't they have a similar deal?
And the modifyers such as JP and Max?
Old 06-28-2004, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KevinS
What about RB? Don't they have a similar deal?
And the modifyers such as JP and Max?
RB only contract Novarossi to produce the engines to their specific requirements.

JP only has a contract to buy Nova engines and modify them.

Max owns shares in Novarossi.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Well Well, I can not see how serpent are going to do any better
with picco in there corner because I have a picco motor that I am
working with for 3weeks now and it is a junk it was mod by the great Ron Paris, the motor is fast on top end but I have a hard time getting it to run for two min, and a few other guys I know that have the same motor the XP have the same problems, but I guess that how the rc business is going now a day's every body
merging to make things better.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Suspended

Default NOVAMEGA

WHATS GONNA HAPPEN TO NOVAMEGA?
Old 06-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pro Models
Hi FWO5R ,

Before I post something I am always very sure that I do not post any mis leading info, however if you want the source of info here is the link from a very repected site in Italy .....

http://www.automodellismo.net/defaul...tent=474&mnu=1

Hope you understand Italian

Bye
wow sweet so what is going to happen to the novamega line of racing engines? will they still produce them or will they discontinue them and just use Picco engines
Old 06-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

M Salven won the LRP invitational with an engine named "Mega by Picco". Don't know if they will use that or maybe just Picco... or PiccoMega. I'm pretty sure the NovaMega name will not stay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.