Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy >

RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy

RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy

Old 12-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Drew, anybody at RCA this week? Can't get anyone on the phone or email.
I think rocco is there or he was monday. Probably swamped..
Old 12-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default NEW CAR?

What are the chances that my newly purchased WC car will be the old model with out ever running on the track due to a new XRAY 1/10 scale nitro model getting released?
Old 12-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godzukihop
What are the chances that my newly purchased WC car will be the old model with out ever running on the track due to a new XRAY 1/10 scale nitro model getting released?
zero..........
Old 12-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think you have a better chance of getting struck in the face by a falling meteorite... They just won the worlds with the car I am sure martin doesn't have big plans for it any time soon. If he had then they would have revised parts for the WC race and had them on the car. Only thing I see that could really easily be changed for 2011 that isn't in the kit is the alternate brake pads the team has been testing and little things like that.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

1st race with the new car... and eeked out a win.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

"1st race with the new car... and eeked out a win."

Atta boy Scott!

Dale - PROTOform
Old 12-14-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
1st race with the new car... and eeked out a win.
Can you tell us what you feel are +'s & -'s compared to your former brand?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

New Hudy clutch tool. Looks pretty cool.

Thanks Drew
Attached Thumbnails RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy-hudyclutchtool-3-400x311.jpg  
Old 12-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
New Hudy clutch tool. Looks pretty cool.

Thanks Drew
What's up with the purple head on the Max engine?
Old 12-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
I was going to ask why did they use another brand in the picture, then with closer inspection, it's a Max?
Old 12-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
I was going to ask why did they use another brand in the picture, then with closer inspection, it's a Max?
Yeah I saw that and I don't know why that is. Maybe its something with the image and the color did not transfer over.

Thanks Drew
Old 12-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

I have seen a few other photos from them where the colors of some of the engines have been off. They may tweak the images a bit to fit the focus they are looking for. That sweet Max Power orange might distract customers from the purpose of the add! - Bryan
Old 12-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Can you tell us what you feel are +'s & -'s compared to your former brand?
My former brand was Kyosho. I raced for Kyosho for 4 years and obviously had a lot of time with that car.

The +'s:

Parts fit and finish was great. No reaming required, and all the parts fit very well. I only had to grind one rear A-arm to get it to move freely. The transmission is smooth and the car accelerates better than my old car. The diffs are small and light. The WC car I purchased is really made to be a top level racing kit. With my car I used the plastic shocks and aluminum side pulleys. I also use titanium screws on the top half of the car. I also used (for the 1st race) the older aluminum engine mount. The brakes are consistant and fade free. Its really a great kit. I changed very little from the stock kit and don't really expect to do much else to the car.

The -'s:

I got the WC car and it is not inexpensive. As a matter of fact it is a lot more money than I have paid for a sedan in several years. I don't know if the parts last longer, but replacement parts are more expensive. In my initial run of the car, I found it to have less steering while on the brakes and more steering once I released the brakes and the car was free wheeling. It also was less stable under hard braking than my old car. I found the clutch to be a more violent engagement than I liked. I was able to make some changes that helped and am looking forward to getting to run the car again. I wish we had more time to practice as the changes I made made things better and I am quite sure that there is a lot more good to come as I get more time with this car. It seems like a lot of negative.. so don't read it like that. This is an excellent car with a lot more capability than my driving skill will ever match.

Something that really encourages me about Hudy is that this company has shown a long term commitment toward making products that are the best available.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default positives and negatives

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
My former brand was Kyosho. I raced for Kyosho for 4 years and obviously had a lot of time with that car.

The +'s:

Parts fit and finish was great. No reaming required, and all the parts fit very well. I only had to grind one rear A-arm to get it to move freely. The transmission is smooth and the car accelerates better than my old car. The diffs are small and light. The WC car I purchased is really made to be a top level racing kit. With my car I used the plastic shocks and aluminum side pulleys. I also use titanium screws on the top half of the car. I also used (for the 1st race) the older aluminum engine mount. The brakes are consistant and fade free. Its really a great kit. I changed very little from the stock kit and don't really expect to do much else to the car.

The -'s:

I got the WC car and it is not inexpensive. As a matter of fact it is a lot more money than I have paid for a sedan in several years. I don't know if the parts last longer, but replacement parts are more expensive. In my initial run of the car, I found it to have less steering while on the brakes and more steering once I released the brakes and the car was free wheeling. It also was less stable under hard braking than my old car. I found the clutch to be a more violent engagement than I liked. I was able to make some changes that helped and am looking forward to getting to run the car again. I wish we had more time to practice as the changes I made made things better and I am quite sure that there is a lot more good to come as I get more time with this car. It seems like a lot of negative.. so don't read it like that. This is an excellent car with a lot more capability than my driving skill will ever match.

Something that really encourages me about Hudy is that this company has shown a long term commitment toward making products that are the best available.
Thanks for not being a mindless rc whore, you know when most people change cars it all good for the new and trash the old. I knew you would tell it like you see it, good and bad( not saying you reported anything bad just the differences between the two, thats all good luck and great driving Scott Peter b.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
Thanks for not being a mindless rc whore, you know when most people change cars it all good for the new and trash the old. I knew you would tell it like you see it, good and bad( not saying you reported anything bad just the differences between the two, thats all good luck and great driving Scott Peter b.
Any car (my Kyosho) that can get me to the A-main at the Roar nats can't be bad.

I will not go into detail here but I will say I did not leave Kyosho because I thought the car sucked. That being said I am looking forward to a great year with RCAmerica and my Xray NT1 car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.