R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #541
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hey Drew, Are you and the Xray boys coming to the Timezone Gran Prix next month??

Also a quick question, on the NT1 do you run the cvd's in the rear or dog bones??

Thanks,

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:42 AM   #542
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Hey Drew, Are you and the Xray boys coming to the Timezone Gran Prix next month??

Also a quick question, on the NT1 do you run the cvd's in the rear or dog bones??

Thanks,
Scott, Yes we are coming to the race. On the NT1 we have been running the dog bones in the rear.

Thanks Drew
Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #543
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i have to say, ran my rx8 yesterday, and WHAT A JOY, anyone on fence, don't hesitate, this has to be the easiest 1/8 i have ever driven, i took a couple years off, at track yesterday, it was like i didn't miss a beat..go with setup drew updated, and start from there, the car remained So stable throughout the day. Great job guys, it might look like this or that, but i guarantee you it doesn't drive like anything else...very pleased!!!!..drew do you know who has any of the xray options in stock?,or can i get direct from you, as i cannot locate them locally or online, alum mid bearing holder, spacers etc...thanks
Old 06-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #544
Tech Adept

Tommy,

It's good to hear the base setup from Ralph got you in the ballpark. Your feedback is very similar to many other new RX8 drivers. It is a formula that has worked very well for our NT1 customers, and I think the same will be true for the RX8. A solid car that is easy to drive makes us mortals faster on the track and more consistant.

We will try to get some setups from Paul and Mike uploaded as well so there are a few different references for everyone to look at. The XRAY database should be updated shortly too so it is easier for everyone to view/upload their sheets.

The options are coming in our next shipment, atleast those that are ready at XRAY. Another batch of kits, spares, and options will be here in the near future, probably another week or two out.

- Bryan
RC America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #545
Tech Elite

good deal, quick q, on the setup sheet the front pin holder<upper arms. i noticed on the updated sheet the change has the pin at a higher angle, do i change both inserts to make the running change? or just one<in order to get a angle> sorry for the "mortal" question..lol

and lastly, the new kingpin front steering blocks, what effects will be noticed from using them over stock etc...not sure on what that change would do, before i buy them i want to know what they will change...thanx

Last edited by TommyBlazin; 06-16-2011 at 12:05 PM.
TommyBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #546
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Scott, Yes we are coming to the race. On the NT1 we have been running the dog bones in the rear.

Thanks Drew
Have you found the dogbones to work better then the unv? Also would dogbones be better suited for a small to medium sized track with a bunch of 180 degree turn?
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #547
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
Have you found the dogbones to work better then the unv? Also would dogbones be better suited for a small to medium sized track with a bunch of 180 degree turn?
I could be wrong and Drew will correct me, but dogbones are used no matter the size of the track. They had me switch to dogbones and i experienced what they said would happen, better traction in the turns and made an already stable car feel even better.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #548
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
The dog bones in the rear just seem to make more forward traction off the corner. So yes they will work on any track size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
I could be wrong and Drew will correct me, but dogbones are used no matter the size of the track. They had me switch to dogbones and i experienced what they said would happen, better traction in the turns and made an already stable car feel even better.

Thanks, Dorian
Old 06-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #549
Tech Elite

how about those front knuckles?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #550
Tech Rookie

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default NT-1 Titanium Srew kit

Does anybody know of a titanium screw kit for the NT-1?

-Tommy
Old 06-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #551
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBlazin View Post
how about those front knuckles?
Tommy the knuckles are to tune castor on the car +1 more on power steering, -1 more off power steering. We ran the +1 on the touring car for awhile , but now run the standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermaster View Post
Does anybody know of a titanium screw kit for the NT-1?

-Tommy
Tommy, don't know of any off the top of my head, but for Ralph car I used mugen touring car titanium screw kit. The only problem is you have to have two full kits to make it work with the NT1.

Thanks Drew
Old 06-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #552
Tech Elite

ok drew thanx, i just ordered 2 of each, ill try em all. lol.. i also ordered a full set of pur belts and the kevlar, are the kevlar's, less friction/ so there faster, but in terms weaker? because the pur's were more money than the kevlar belts...picked up the xceed lipos so i can drop that tank as well, so i missed tomorrows race because no parts on the east coast, but i LOADED up, and grab some cool options as well....the cars worth it, and than some.,.,.,.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #553
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tommy:

I have every part for the RX8 car. I didn't know they were racing on Sat i thought it was Sun. Wouldn't want you to not be able to race. I'm racing tomorrow i'll loan you what you need to race and you replace them ASAP. That deal only stands so you can race. I'll be there early!
nytaurean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #554
Tech Elite

pm sent tauren, always a class act you are my man!!
Old 06-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #555
Tech Elite

iS THERE a mistake with the updated setup for rx8, i was able to make front end upper and lower to the longer setting, with changing the front upper pins rc. but in the rear it reads changing the upper mounts the 2mm longer BUT leaving the lower arms forward most? is that a typo and the setup truelly wants both ends to be at the longer settings? thanks