R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #31
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Beach Miami
Posts: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
well with getting ready with the 8th scale now, i wish all the best of luck to you and DJ for preperations for the Worlds, the 966 is a very nice platform, best of luck Toso and DJ
Thanks Pattojnr
Chris Tosolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #32
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Top
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #33
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
Did some testing with the Blitz ISF, RS4, and the Chevy this week end. Low to medium traction track similar to Fort Myers. No setup changes between bodies. DLS, no rear sway bar.

RS4= Very stable and balanced, good steering. Reminded me of a stratus but with a lot more steering. Stuck!!! Good straight line speed.

ISF= Less stable but very quick into the corners. More steering than RS4,excellent high speed steering. Less down force, straight line speed is ballistic! "Possibly my new favorite"

Chevy= Stable, balanced, lots of down force front and rear. Corner speed is excellent but I felt I lost some straight line speed. Felt lazy. This body will glue your car to the track.

I later made chassis adjustments with the Chevy, stiffer springs front and rear. No longer lazy(thanks D-Man).
Thanks for taking the time for the heads.up
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #34
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Tosolini View Post
Thanks Pattojnr
Good luck to the hole team
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #35
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Hi Racers,

Well this weekend I tested some bodies again. Blitz knows the need for a body that competes with the Chevy at a better price. They sent me a Sab to test, based on some recommendations from the drivers they have. I tested at the Fort Myers track and think they have found what they need. I tried the Chevy, ISF and new Sab, since those bodies seem to give the fastest laps time for me. First I ran the ISF. Very stable, lacked apex steering and was consistent. Then I tried the Sab, went 3 tenths faster and was very easy to drive. My laps stayed within 2 tenths every lap. Than I ran the Chevy. Was able to go 1 tenth faster on 1 lap, but the time vary much more, about 4 tenths. Knowing I have access to all the bodies I want drivers to know I can use what ever body I want. I will say for the racers out there that you should at least try the Sab if you are looking for a equal or better body than the Chevy at a better cost. At the moment the Sab has not been legalized, but I will find out how long it will be. If you have any questions just ask.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:58 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Bodiez

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Hi Racers,

Well this weekend I tested some bodies again. Blitz knows the need for a body that competes with the Chevy at a better price. They sent me a Sab to test, based on some recommendations from the drivers they have. I tested at the Fort Myers track and think they have found what they need. I tried the Chevy, ISF and new Sab, since those bodies seem to give the fastest laps time for me. First I ran the ISF. Very stable, lacked apex steering and was consistent. Then I tried the Sab, went 3 tenths faster and was very easy to drive. My laps stayed within 2 tenths every lap. Than I ran the Chevy. Was able to go 1 tenth faster on 1 lap, but the time vary much more, about 4 tenths. Knowing I have access to all the bodies I want drivers to know I can use what ever body I want. I will say for the racers out there that you should at least try the Sab if you are looking for a equal or better body than the Chevy at a better cost. At the moment the Sab has not been legalized, but I will find out how long it will be. If you have any questions just ask.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Hey DJ what can you report on these bodies, whats the latest, have you tried the new Titan cruiser, how does it compare.??

Alex.K
__________________
"KicKass "OS" Racing Engines" "capricornrc.com.au"
"RC Arena" Home of "Maxima Fuel"
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 AM   #37
Tech Master
 
tl2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Love 1/8th
Posts: 1,561
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
Hey DJ what can you report on these bodies, whats the latest, have you tried the new Titan cruiser, how does it compare.??

Alex.K
Alex, tried the Cruze I think is better then ISF still need to try ISFv2
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:53 AM   #38
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
Hey DJ what can you report on these bodies, whats the latest, have you tried the new Titan cruiser, how does it compare.??

Alex.K
For me the Cruze is the best Blitz sedan body out now. It gives good steering, but is very stable. The SRC versus the Blitz body is a personal feel. I ran both back to back and feel the SCR has a little more initial turn in, but than gets less stability. The Cruze from Blitz has a better balance and with the Capricorn I am able to get the steering I like, so I enjoy the Blitz better. If you have a car that pushes really bad going in than you might feel different. Just have to try and see. For now I prefer the Cruze. Until the next best thing comes out, hehehe

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:07 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Bodiezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
For me the Cruze is the best Blitz sedan body out now. It gives good steering, but is very stable. The SRC versus the Blitz body is a personal feel. I ran both back to back and feel the SCR has a little more initial turn in, but than gets less stability. The Cruze from Blitz has a better balance and with the Capricorn I am able to get the steering I like, so I enjoy the Blitz better. If you have a car that pushes really bad going in than you might feel different. Just have to try and see. For now I prefer the Cruze. Until the next best thing comes out, hehehe

DJ Apolaro
"Hey DJ" boomboom, I love it.

Are you able to share some more details regarding the characteristics between the Blitz Cruiser, the S93 say compared to the protoform p56 n. What would one expect back to back.
Other than what is written on the Titan web site have you recieved any more feedback from Designers/testers.

Tommy I will be using/testing the Cruiser and s93 probably at the Serpent tour if im allowed to attend. Hope you will be racing nitro.

Regards
Alex.K
__________________
"KicKass "OS" Racing Engines" "capricornrc.com.au"
"RC Arena" Home of "Maxima Fuel"
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #40
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
"Hey DJ" boomboom, I love it.

Are you able to share some more details regarding the characteristics between the Blitz Cruiser, the S93 say compared to the protoform p56 n. What would one expect back to back.
Other than what is written on the Titan web site have you recieved any more feedback from Designers/testers.

Tommy I will be using/testing the Cruiser and s93 probably at the Serpent tour if im allowed to attend. Hope you will be racing nitro.

Regards
Alex.K
I actually have not tried any of the Protoform sedan bodies. As for the S93, I have not run the latest body. I think they will send some to me soon, but I will most likely wait till after the Worlds in April to mess with it.

DJ
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #41
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

When can we buy the sab body?
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Team CRC|Awesomatix USA|TQ Wire|
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #42
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

You can check with De Soto Racing.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:23 AM   #43
Tech Fanatic
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Ballroom Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
When can we buy the sab body?
It has reached the downunder so I imagine that the rest of the world has had it for some time now. The row boats take long time to reach our shores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
You can check with De Soto Racing.

DJ Apolaro
Ill Be playing with these two bodies this year but with two bubs under the age of 3 ill be doing more nappy changes than tyre changes for quite some time if you know what I mean.

All the best at the worlds. well be rooting for you, mabe I wont tell you what that means in Australian.
Regards
Alex.K
__________________
"KicKass "OS" Racing Engines" "capricornrc.com.au"
"RC Arena" Home of "Maxima Fuel"
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #44
Tech Master
 
snopro31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: yorkton sask
Posts: 1,700
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

are these bodies sold in the us anywere?
snopro31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #45
Tech Fanatic
 
gotmotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopro31 View Post
are these bodies sold in the us anywere?
Try Serpentamerica.com
__________________
RcTarget~KO~VP Fuel~OS~Matrix
gotmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CRC 1/10 Pan Car Doodad Electric On-Road 4165 11-01-2017 02:02 PM
FEMCA 1/10th and 1/8th Onroad Championship Danny Teh Malaysian R/C Racers 152 09-07-2008 09:49 PM
Blitz Bodies and MLC engine NeRacer Australian Racing 7 07-29-2005 09:14 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:43 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net