R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-21-2010, 06:50 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebO View Post
what are the differences between ISF and RS4? which one is better?
For me the ISF had more steering and the RS4 was smoother with just a little less turn in, but was still pretty good.

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFCJ View Post
Is there an aluminum front pulley for the one-way available or in the works? I seem to recall seeing one in a pic recently...

James
Hi James yes we have the aluminum pulleys, they are very nice.
Chris Tosolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default getting tired of Shop wars on rc tech

it would be really nice to see information about these products, not which shop has what, or sells similar stuff. id like to see this thread informative and shop WAR free for a change.

on that note, i have used Blitz, and Titan products for quite a while.
the R09 bodies are great, and the PT09 is very similar in feel , but a bit more steering, and high speed stability. as far as durable, i have one from last years Australian Nationals, i used it for a 20 min semi, and have since used it for 2 other state titles, and again i am using the same body for this years Nationals. the durability of these bodies are great, but Paint at times is hard to stay on.

i will be making a transition as well with the Cobra 811 soon, and now see Blitz do a 811 body as well. Chris Tosolini, by chance, would you have tried the Blitz on the 811 ? how does it compare to the std body by chance..

for this years Australian Nationals, i will be running both 200mm and 8th scale, i have some choices of bodies ready to go for next weekend testing.
Blitz ISF Chevy, and A5, havent tried the Chev, or A5 but i know the ISF is good.
8th i have R09- and PT09 and Xceed V2 Zytec. so i will try some bodies for comparison as well. i used the PT09 for 2nd place earlier in the year at that track, so i know the Blitz bodies work well.

Regards, Patto...........
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T

Last edited by Pattojnr; 09-21-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motojon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrdude View Post
Have any of you guys tested the version 2 body with the rib in the rear??
If ur talking about Zytec v2....yes i have and its too stable kinda numb feeling at my local track. had significant faster times using the Blitz body R09
Old 09-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
it would be really nice to see information about these products, not which shop has what, or sells similar stuff. id like to see this thread informative and shop WAR free for a change.

on that note, i have used Blitz, and Titan products for quite a while.
the R09 bodies are great, and the PT09 is very similar in feel , but a bit more steering, and high speed stability. as far as durable, i have one from last years Australian Nationals, i used it for a 20 min semi, and have since used it for 2 other state titles, and again i am using the same body for this years Nationals. the durability of these bodies are great, but Paint at times is hard to stay on.

i will be making a transition as well with the Cobra 811 soon, and now see Blitz do a 811 body as well. Chris Tosolini, by chance, would you have tried the Blitz on the 811 ? how does it compare to the std body by chance..

for this years Australian Nationals, i will be running both 200mm and 8th scale, i have some choices of bodies ready to go for next weekend testing.
Blitz ISF Chevy, and A5, havent tried the Chev, or A5 but i know the ISF is good.
8th i have R09- and PT09 and Xceed V2 Zytec. so i will try some bodies for comparison as well. i used the PT09 for 2nd place earlier in the year at that track, so i know the Blitz bodies work well.

Regards, Patto...........
Hi Patto....

sorry but no i haven't used that body yet on my 811, I'm sure some of out FL guys will use it soon and they will be about to tellyou about it. I have been starting to focus on 1/8th. its our worlds your here in USA.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
For me the ISF had more steering and the RS4 was smoother with just a little less turn in, but was still pretty good.

DJ Apolaro
So which one felt more balanced to you, the RS4? Trying to decide which body to try and I like something somewhat neutral as I am not a good driver and don't like surprises
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
So which one felt more balanced to you, the RS4? Trying to decide which body to try and I like something somewhat neutral as I am not a good driver and don't like surprises
Try the RS4... It has alot of traction.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:16 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I recently done a days testing with the the rs4 and blitz 2.3 and have since been using the isf In several race meetings where I have had 2 wins and a second posting fastest and second fastest lap times. With minor changes to my orig set up I have found the isf to be aggressively quick with good stability. The rs4 feels much more planted and I continue to test this body between meetings, I feel that with some more tweaks this body should also be quick- very good for the not so confident drivers. I was also doing back to back tests with a collagues chevy cruiser this also felt good ( Chris T ) could probably shed some comparisons of this body and the titans . The cruiser testing stopped when my colleagues ripped off the rear wing and body ended up in bin.
VERDICT so far - It may not be the quickest body out there but the isf is pretty close so If you can't win with this body you have other issues.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:10 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

What's with the new Team Titan Body Saab 93?

http://www.team-titan.com.tw/news.htm
http://www.redrc.net/2010/09/team-ti...ywheel-puller/

Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:55 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
I recently done a days testing with the the rs4 and blitz 2.3 and have since been using the isf In several race meetings where I have had 2 wins and a second posting fastest and second fastest lap times. With minor changes to my orig set up I have found the isf to be aggressively quick with good stability. The rs4 feels much more planted and I continue to test this body between meetings, I feel that with some more tweaks this body should also be quick- very good for the not so confident drivers. I was also doing back to back tests with a collagues chevy cruiser this also felt good ( Chris T ) could probably shed some comparisons of this body and the titans . The cruiser testing stopped when my colleagues ripped off the rear wing and body ended up in bin.
VERDICT so far - It may not be the quickest body out there but the isf is pretty close so If you can't win with this body you have other issues.
i find the ISF wing trimmed to the top line , if body is set right, is undersize. the amount of wing that can be used on this body is huge, maybe a factor to play with. Moorbank, im sure you could trim it down for that loooong straight of yours. can space it back up to right height, and have less drag.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
i find the ISF wing trimmed to the top line , if body is set right, is undersize. the amount of wing that can be used on this body is huge, maybe a factor to play with. Moorbank, im sure you could trim it down for that loooong straight of yours. can space it back up to right height, and have less drag.
Hahahha! Well put Patto. I think all the boddies are good, the chevy is just smooth, but I think it could go a little more strait and be a litle more stable, I love this body though. The ISF body reminds me ot the Audi that I won the winter nats with..... easy to drive and goes strait. Right now Im still leaning twards the Chevy, but they are all good bodies.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #27
Tech Elite

I have to test the new Sab body from Blitz. It is supposed to be the closest thing to the Chevy and if so will be priced better. I will let you guys know what I find. Not sure if I am going to run this weekend or not, but if I do I will try it out. I think we got one at the shop. I just have not seen it yet. If not I have some coming to test also, just depends on when I get them.

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The ISF body has lots of steering and stability. With the wing centered the car has just the rite amount of steering and rear end traction. The wing mounted further back takes away steering but plants the back. Has Altis steering with Audi stability. One of my favorites. The ISF and chevy. DJ send a Saab this way Ill help test it
Old 09-23-2010, 04:59 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Tosolini View Post
Hahahha! Well put Patto. I think all the boddies are good, the chevy is just smooth, but I think it could go a little more strait and be a litle more stable, I love this body though. The ISF body reminds me ot the Audi that I won the winter nats with..... easy to drive and goes strait. Right now Im still leaning twards the Chevy, but they are all good bodies.
well with getting ready with the 8th scale now, i wish all the best of luck to you and DJ for preperations for the Worlds, the 966 is a very nice platform, best of luck Toso and DJ
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did some testing with the Blitz ISF, RS4, and the Chevy this week end. Low to medium traction track similar to Fort Myers. No setup changes between bodies. DLS, no rear sway bar.

RS4= Very stable and balanced, good steering. Reminded me of a stratus but with a lot more steering. Stuck!!! Good straight line speed.

ISF= Less stable but very quick into the corners. More steering than RS4,excellent high speed steering. Less down force, straight line speed is ballistic! "Possibly my new favorite"

Chevy= Stable, balanced, lots of down force front and rear. Corner speed is excellent but I felt I lost some straight line speed. Felt lazy. This body will glue your car to the track.

I later made chassis adjustments with the Chevy, stiffer springs front and rear. No longer lazy(thanks D-Man).
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote