R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Spektrum Receiver Wire (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/433957-spektrum-receiver-wire.html)

Bundy_Bear 09-11-2010 08:21 PM

Spektrum Receiver Wire

Hi

I have had a noob moment and managed to break the end of the receiver wire just after the sheilding....

I took it down to the track today afterwards and after a few laps the car went into fail safe mode. I let everything cool down and i had signal again, but two corners later it went into fail safe mode again.

I am yet to pull the radio tray out of my car to make sure everything else is in order, but do i require a new receiver???

Thanks in advance!
Andrew

Dredd 09-11-2010 11:07 PM

You can actually pop open the receiver and the wire is attached to a plug. You can replace just the wire this way.

Riketsu 09-12-2010 08:19 AM

This will depend on which Spektrum Receiver you have.

Some have a "pop-on" antenna. Others are soldered into it.

I have had my share of stripping the antenna, always solved it by resoldering a new one.

Dredd 09-12-2010 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Riketsu (Post 7929762)
This will depend on which Spektrum Receiver you have.

Some have a "pop-on" antenna. Others are soldered into it.

I have had my share of stripping the antenna, always solved it by resoldering a new one.

You are correct. I know the SR3001 in my RRR is a clip on. I do not know about the SR3300T in my Losi 8ight 2.0. It is possible and quite likely that the wire is soldered on the newer ones.

Roelof 09-12-2010 10:31 AM

If it is a shielded wire it will have a connector, if it is just a simple wire it is soldered. I believe the original length of the normal wire is in total about 20cm

Bundy_Bear 09-12-2010 11:26 PM

I have the Spektum SR3100 receiver... I found a replacement case and antenna wire on RCMart for it. It looks like it just screws on to the PCB like a wireless antenna on a network card for a PC.

Thanks
Andrew

Xr Turbo 02-21-2011 01:42 PM

I have a sr300 with a broken antenna wire in the middle
It is the unshielded wire and soldered to the board.
If it is the unshielded wire can it be soldered and rejoined or should it be replaced??
If it needs to be replaced where can i get some wire from i haven't been able to fine it.
I have never had this problem and would like to know other peoples thoughts
Thanks for your help in advance.

Roelof 02-21-2011 02:12 PM

Go to your LHS or radioshack, he must have some same size electric wire. If not then a piece of servo wire will work also....

blis 02-21-2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear (Post 7932718)
I have the Spektum SR3100 receiver... I found a replacement case and antenna wire on RCMart for it. It looks like it just screws on to the PCB like a wireless antenna on a network card for a PC.

Thanks
Andrew

Quite certain it is a pop on Antenna. :) Too easy.. mind you, I have one wth the socket broken off so carefully pry it off A.

h

Bundy_Bear 02-22-2011 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by blis (Post 8688010)
Quite certain it is a pop on Antenna. :) Too easy.. mind you, I have one wth the socket broken off so carefully pry it off A.

h

Harry:

I got it sorted and everything has been running smooth since. At the moment the DX3R has been put aside and i am running the FlySky GT3b for both Abbey and I....

Andy

stefan 02-22-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 8687903)
Go to your LHS or radioshack, he must have some same size electric wire. If not then a piece of servo wire will work also....

SR3100 has a coax antenna, of which only the last two inches are functional.
If the coax is pinched or broken, no reception.

New antenna is available from Spektrum and pops right into the socket on the board.

Most other Spektrum receivers have a soldered plain wire antenna which can be replaced with regular antenna or servo wire