R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2004, 06:49 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic
 
revzalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nor * Cal
Posts: 958
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ordering a new body

I've decided to start over and get a new body. Where do you guys order yours? I'm thinking about getting the Protoform Lola. This time I'm going to go wild on the design. Put 10 layers of Pactra paint. haha
__________________
www.revzalotmotorsports.com
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:19 PM   #32
Tech Elite
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Ordering a new body

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
I've decided to start over and get a new body. Where do you guys order yours? I'm thinking about getting the Protoform Lola. This time I'm going to go wild on the design. Put 10 layers of Pactra paint. haha
Revz,

Where in California are you?
If you are in So-Cal, you may get the Protoform T530 Body from
Elite Hobby Shop in Covina.
In case you're not, you can just call them at (626) 858-8999 and
have the body mailed out to you.

You may also get it online from www.microrcshop.com as they
offer free shipping within California. Unfortunately they are out
of them at the moment, but they do re-stock them constantly.

Hope this helps.
__________________
Mugen Seiki / MSR / Airtronics / Enneti Tyres / O'Donnell Racing / Checkpoint / Hobbico
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:38 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic
 
revzalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nor * Cal
Posts: 958
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

jwf-ronni,

I'm up in N. California. I'll check them out thanks.
__________________
www.revzalotmotorsports.com
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:09 PM   #34
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

nice
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:31 PM   #35
Tech Elite
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
jwf-ronni,

I'm up in N. California. I'll check them out thanks.
You're quite welcome...
__________________
Mugen Seiki / MSR / Airtronics / Enneti Tyres / O'Donnell Racing / Checkpoint / Hobbico
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:56 PM   #36
Tech Elite
 
MrChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Singapore, Thailand, MARS, MOON
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via ICQ to MrChan
Default Re: Ordering a new body

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
I've decided to start over and get a new body. Where do you guys order yours? I'm thinking about getting the Protoform Lola. This time I'm going to go wild on the design. Put 10 layers of Pactra paint. haha
Photoform Bodyshell is quite thick and heavy. But performance is good .................................................. ................


Anyway I like thick bodyshell ......
MrChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:14 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 778
Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100
Default Re: Re: Ordering a new body

Quote:
Originally posted by MrChan
Photoform Bodyshell is quite thick and heavy. But performance is good .................................................. ................


Anyway I like thick bodyshell ......
Mr. Chan, i greed with you that the T530 is quite heavy which i observed. it is also the most stiffest body which i have ever seen........
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:26 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

On the Clutch bell......

Can someone give me the distance in MM from the center of the of the first gear to the center of the 2nd gear. also what pitch module are the gears for the 950R kit 0.8 or 1.0.

[||||||] A
[||||||||] B
/______\


Distance Btwn A and B centered on the gears.


Also on the 950r does the car use the Centax 2 or 3 unit...?

Last edited by vadn1; 06-30-2004 at 11:44 PM.
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:31 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default Re: Re: Ordering a new body

Quote:
Originally posted by MrChan
Photoform Bodyshell is quite thick and heavy. But performance is good .................................................. ................


Anyway I like thick bodyshell ......
Use the same setup with your previous bodyshell, when switching to this shell, low-speed steering is improve drastically.
Which is good and bad.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:11 AM   #40
Tech Elite
 
MrChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Singapore, Thailand, MARS, MOON
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via ICQ to MrChan
Default Re: Re: Re: Ordering a new body

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Use the same setup with your previous bodyshell, when switching to this shell, low-speed steering is improve drastically.
Which is good and bad.
I have changed to use 1 step harder spring ..So, I don't have that problem...


You could have a look of my setup at mytsn .
MrChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:02 AM   #41
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ordering a new body

Quote:
Originally posted by MrChan
I have changed to use 1 step harder spring ..So, I don't have that problem...


You could have a look of my setup at mytsn .
Thank you.. Oh .. I just realize... You are the one that suggesting me how to adjust rear camber effectively.
We have a long conversation there...

I can tell you that this car is working so well in JITC that day.
Using Van Gastel setup, 1st time user, only 3 tank practice (mostly working on the clutch) I can easily slip to A6 or 7 I forgot and finished no 5.
Amazing ! very dead easy to drive.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:59 AM   #42
Tech Elite
 
MrChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Singapore, Thailand, MARS, MOON
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via ICQ to MrChan
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ordering a new body

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Thank you.. Oh .. I just realize... You are the one that suggesting me how to adjust rear camber effectively.
We have a long conversation there...

I can tell you that this car is working so well in JITC that day.
Using Van Gastel setup, 1st time user, only 3 tank practice (mostly working on the clutch) I can easily slip to A6 or 7 I forgot and finished no 5.
Amazing ! very dead easy to drive.
You are from Jakarta , right ?
MrChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 04:01 AM   #43
Tech Elite
 
MrChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Singapore, Thailand, MARS, MOON
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via ICQ to MrChan
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vadn1
On the Clutch bell......

Can someone give me the distance in MM from the center of the of the first gear to the center of the 2nd gear. also what pitch module are the gears for the 950R kit 0.8 or 1.0.

[||||||] A
[||||||||] B
/______\


Distance Btwn A and B centered on the gears.


Also on the 950r does the car use the Centax 2 or 3 unit...?
950K is using 1 Module and Centax II
MrChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 06:52 AM   #44
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ordering a new body

Quote:
Originally posted by MrChan
I have changed to use 1 step harder spring ..So, I don't have that problem...

You could have a look of my setup at mytsn .
Any tip that you don't tell me? Don't hide the secret, let me know please.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:21 PM   #45
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ordering a new body

Quote:
Originally posted by MrChan
You are from Jakarta , right ?
Surabaya precisely.
Had to flew 1 hour in the morning and home at night to JITC.
There is no 1/8th track in my city.

Can you educate me, what the main benefit (your last setup) of using WOS and very wide FR trackwidth ?
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB serpent 960 or 950R rcmad2700 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 05-21-2008 10:46 PM
looking for serpent 950r /960 mrhemi R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 09:10 AM
Serpent 950R and etc. ogreasurada R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 35 03-03-2006 11:30 PM
Serpent 950r Afrofly Oval, Larger Scales and More 1 03-02-2005 05:02 PM
Serpent 950R Neil Rabara Oval, Larger Scales and More 12 03-14-2004 06:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:58 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net