R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-27-2005, 11:46 PM   #181
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMcpot
Anybody have a part number for the kit(?) that allows for 960-like rear roll center adjustment on the 950? I see references to it, but no part numbers.
That rear roll center option, need to be order directly from Serpent USA....or call LEE (see above) from Winner Circle....awesome Serpent dealer, good price and good service.

Yes...that SUS1000 option is a MUST for the 950R........it made the car from over steer to a little bit under, then a little more camber on the front tires made the car perfect.
Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Do I get a prize for posting one year after the last post in a thread?

Wanted to get back into 1/8th onroad after ten years (last car I raced was my Excel in '96). Picked up a 950 when they came out, but work and college got the better of me, so it sat on the shelf for almost four years, only run long enough to idle only one tank through the motor. So realizing that I probably won't get much now for a brand new 950, I've just finished ordering everything I'll need to convert it to the "R" spec front end, a few hopups, and the front and rear crash packs. Still got to chuck the chassis in the mill to open up the front bulkhead holes and narrow it a bit, and I'm in the process of breaking-in my "vintage" RX21R1WC.

So if anyone wants to see what their 950R's looked like when they were brand new, I'll be posting pics in a couple of weeks
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:10 AM   #183
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Orfeous Send a message via AIM to Orfeous Send a message via MSN to Orfeous Send a message via Yahoo to Orfeous

Quote:

Wanted to get back into 1/8th onroad after ten years (last car I raced was my Excel in '96). Picked up a 950 when they came out, but work and college got the better of me, so it sat on the shelf for almost four years, only run long enough to idle only one tank through the motor. So realizing that I probably won't get much now for a brand new 950, I've just finished ordering everything I'll need to convert it to the "R" spec front end, a few hopups, and the front and rear crash packs. Still got to chuck the chassis in the mill to open up the front bulkhead holes and narrow it a bit, and I'm in the process of breaking-in my "vintage" RX21R1WC.

So if anyone wants to see what their 950R's looked like when they were brand new, I'll be posting pics in a couple of weeks

I think there are many of them aorund internet but posting pics is always fun to watch!
Orfeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #184
Tech Master

Quote:

dont worry there's still many of them running out there . i know i still have mines
Old 02-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #185
Tech Master

Thumbs up

If it's still competitive, I'll run it as long as I can get parts for it.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #186
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I'm in the process of breaking-in my "vintage" RX21R1WC.
i've read your post and saw that your breaking in the RX21R1WC how is it going so far??

btw, would you know it is the same version as the RX21 R? i'm just afraid parts will be harder to get.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
racer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #187
Tech Master

I've never heard of the RX21R, but the manual that came with my engine shows an RX21RR1/N, which is a "rally" engine and appears to have the same part numbers as the R1WC, with the only apparent exception being the piston and sleeve. That said, I'm sure you'll find that many (all?) Nova motors are, for the most part, modular in that parts from newer motors will often interchange with those that are discontinued. If you haven't already, try contacting Fusion Motorsports for parts; I've never bought from them, but I hear that they're the sole Novarossi distributor here in the U.S.

Break-in went great....used the Cyrul w.o.t. method and mounted it to my run-in bench. Conrod journal didn't increase in size at all and the motor internally still looks like it did before I even fired it up.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:54 PM   #188
Tech Fanatic

Default Serpent USA Warehouse Clearance Sale

Serpent USA Warehouse Clearance Sale

Take advantage of incredible prices on spare parts for the following models

http://www.serpent-usa.com/es12801024/index.htm

For more info and to order, e-mail [email protected] or call (305) 639-9665
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #189
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Sorry to dig up an old thread...

...For Sale: Brand new Art Carbonell assembled Serpent 950R rolling chassis.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...brand-new.html

Thanks.
Rich Panganiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #190
Tech Rookie

Default 950R

Hi, I see these threads go dead when the car gets outdated, but there must be loads out there still? Is anybody still using them as they are not that old.
Cheers Paul.
pipcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #191
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipcars View Post
Hi, I see these threads go dead when the car gets outdated, but there must be loads out there still? Is anybody still using them as they are not that old.
Cheers Paul.
If it is on someone's hand (very good driver)...car should still be competable with the current model.

I still have mine...but will ditch the clutch and 30% fuel......cause it will be ELECTRIC BRUSHLESS....
Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #192
Tech Apprentice

I still race mine in Toledo it's an ok car this will be my 3rd year with it.However I am seriously leaning toward a 966 IF I can scare up the dough re mi.
cmego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #193
Tech Adept

Default GearBox Adjustment

Thought Id bring this thread up instead of making a new one.....need some help adjusting the two-speed gearbox as it never shifts to second gear. How much should I increment each screw by to adjust the engagement? If both screws are not set equal, will the gearbox not shift at all ?
Thanks
zonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #194
M7H
Tech Elite

The gearbox is still the same as in the 960 and 966, so you could have asked this question there.

But, check that with the small setscrews, the shoes almost touch the 2nd gear housing, and after that start changing the shifting point.
Always change both screws the same amount, and try to as far as possible have them set equal.
If they are not set equal, the gearbox will shift, but not accurate, and the shoes will not wear equal.
Are you sure it doesn't shift, or is it shifting so early that you are actually allready in 2nd gear? I've seen this happen before.....
But if you are sure, you can easily change both screws with half a turn at a time counter clockwise until it starts shifting, then take smaller steps....