R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default HPI Rs4 stalling after startup

Hey Guys I bought a HPI RS4 about 7 months ago. I ran it once for about half a tank of 20% nitro and didn't alter any of the settings as its not yet run in. Now it starts for a second then just stalls. Any ideas? Do i need a new glow plug? should i alter fuel settings even though its not run in?
wrexem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bxclip

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexem View Post
Hey Guys I bought a HPI RS4 about 7 months ago. I ran it once for about half a tank of 20% nitro and didn't alter any of the settings as its not yet run in. Now it starts for a second then just stalls. Any ideas? Do i need a new glow plug? should i alter fuel settings even though its not run in?
i would def get a new glowplug.. and try from there it might not be getting enough fuel if it starts then stalls.. but try the glow plug first
Bxclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
Tech Addict

new glow plug maybe, but test your old one first. Also, since it's not broken in it's probably very tight so grab a heat gun and turn it on low and point it at the top of the head, pointing down at the glow plug. Check the temp after a few seconds and see where it's at. When you get it to 180F - 200F try to start the car. It should start and idle easier. You want the engine to get heat into it to expand the sleeve for the piston to move through easily.

If it doesn't idle easily and still stalls after a minute, try leaning the low speed needle just a bit. I'd say 1/16 turn or less. See if that helps any. It may as the engine could just be flooding.
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys I appreciate the help
wrexem is offline   Reply With Quote