R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Exclamation HELP !!!

while i was playing my hobao hyper gpx4 the engine suddenly stall and when i try to restart , the pull starter becomes so hard (super Hard) but the engine is not even over-heated.

Is it posible that no fuel is entering the engine causing less lubricant in the engine which makes the pull starter hard?

NEED HELP ASAP
David_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Post One more question

how do i know that my gpx4 shifts gear - i can't identify
David_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Wanabrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay area, California
Posts: 4,828
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

See if you can rotate the flywheel using your finger. It's possible that the pullstart broke.
Wanabrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabrc View Post
See if you can rotate the flywheel using your finger. It's possible that the pullstart broke.
what for rotate the flywheel ( flywheel able to rotate )
after the restart today the pull starter seems softer as usual ,but i just discovered that there is a crack on my fuel tube causing it harder than ever to prime the engine. I taped it with some tape ,might have solve the problem.
Now , how do i tune my engine (STARTED PLAYING 1 WEEK AGO)

Even when u full trotle , the engine seems to spray out fuel and comes out extremely lot of smoke , the car hardly moves. Sometimes the engine starts but after idling for 4~5 seconds it shuts off , is it the gear causing the problems?

Last edited by David_C; 09-06-2010 at 06:23 AM.
David_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default fuel tubing

get some new fuel tubing and change it if its not shifting gears most likely you need to lean the fuel mixing screw turning it clockwise in but do it gradually you should get a temp guage to not run the engine to hot usually 250 f.
__________________
Team Kyosho, Team Epic, IDM Engines, J-Tech racing fuels, Airtronics, Superiorhobbies.com
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
get some new fuel tubing and change it if its not shifting gears most likely you need to lean the fuel mixing screw turning it clockwise in but do it gradually you should get a temp guage to not run the engine to hot usually 250 f.
Thanks ! the engine seems better,but the engine is hard 2 start (primed) and when it successfully start it slowly drops the rpm and eventually flames-out
David_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:53 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
R3VoLuTiOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,391
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

could it be a too rich engine thats flooding?
__________________
John Tsang 🏁 VBC Racing 🚗 ORCA RC 🚗 GripworksRC 🚗 MotivRC 🚗 GravityRC 🚗 RC America

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default adjusting idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_C View Post
Thanks ! the engine seems better,but the engine is hard 2 start (primed) and when it successfully start it slowly drops the rpm and eventually flames-out
two things it could be or both , the idle adjustment screw needs to be screwed in some to get it to stay running thats the screw near the base of the carb where it goes into the motor. once you get it to idle rev it up some to clear out the fuel then when it drops back to an idle pinch the fuel line and count one one thousands and the motor should lean out or shut off at about 3 to 4 seconds if its longer you need to lean the bottom fuel mixture screw that is in the slide part of the carb. If the motor revs before 3 seconds you need to richen the bottom, that is base set up try it should be close and if you can also find some one thast can show you because most of us learn by seeing it done hope that helps
__________________
Team Kyosho, Team Epic, IDM Engines, J-Tech racing fuels, Airtronics, Superiorhobbies.com
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #9
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 660
Default

It is very possible that the engine is not fully broken in yet and still pretty tight when at TDC (Top dead center). I don't know if you've previously broken in the engine or not. It may need a little pre heat on it to get going.
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:31 AM   #10
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
two things it could be or both , the idle adjustment screw needs to be screwed in some to get it to stay running thats the screw near the base of the carb where it goes into the motor. once you get it to idle rev it up some to clear out the fuel then when it drops back to an idle pinch the fuel line and count one one thousands and the motor should lean out or shut off at about 3 to 4 seconds if its longer you need to lean the bottom fuel mixture screw that is in the slide part of the carb. If the motor revs before 3 seconds you need to richen the bottom, that is base set up try it should be close and if you can also find some one thast can show you because most of us learn by seeing it done hope that helps
Where is the idle needle??? Im a noob , i admit...but WHERES THE NEEDLE?!
David_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:33 AM   #11
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Post RE :Flooding issue

How do i fix the flooding issue? clock-wising the HSN ?already tried not working...
David_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #12
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bronx,NY
Posts: 431
Send a message via AIM to Bxclip
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_C View Post
How do i fix the flooding issue? clock-wising the HSN ?already tried not working...

check ur manually for idle needle..

flooding issue-

if its flooded take the glow plug out, cover engine witha rag and pull the pull start( u should see fuel soak up rag) and just pump in less fuel on next start up
Bxclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #13
Tech Master
 
Geezatec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,460
Default

Remove the Glow Plug & see if it frees up. If it doesnt, couple of drops of ARO or fuel, in the GP hole. Then se if it crank easily. If it cranks easily reinstall the GP and start normally.

I its a new Hoboa it hasn't broken in completely, just has a tight pinch. Give it a gallon of fuel to crank easily.

Last edited by Geezatec; 09-13-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #14
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 480
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxclip View Post
check ur manually for idle needle..

flooding issue-

if its flooded take the glow plug out, cover engine witha rag and pull the pull start( u should see fuel soak up rag) and just pump in less fuel on next start up
+1 on checking manual. If you miss placed yours, here it is for you.

http://www.hobao-racing.com/download...ion_Manual.pdf
Kyo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coupon codes for online shopping to help keep things cheap in 2010! ABURTON Nitro Off-Road 296 06-03-2011 10:34 AM
my son is in need of help so toys gotta go "QUICK" xrayflorida R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 738 07-14-2009 04:08 AM
Help Save Portland Racing DaveC Northwest Racers 288 04-11-2009 05:33 AM
"Tamiya Class" racing...Help me choose - TA05 vs TA05R pgeldz Electric On-Road 84 08-09-2008 10:03 PM
I need your help on KENCHOCO Ron C. Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum 356 06-09-2004 11:09 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:45 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net