R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-09-2010, 06:16 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bxclip

yes i will they have the nt1 and i they support mugen.. but by my girls hosue in bk which im at every weekeend, theres a hobby shop tjhat supports the 733, hmm lol. dunno if i should jump on that or wait for mtx5. ima wait to winter to get one unless i hear anything about a mtx5. drove my 710 with the mugen x-12 engine yesterday tuned up great and wow.. next car i want a jp modified engine! im hooked i get my savage today so i can bash that which will hold me off for a new car
Bxclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxclip View Post
yes i will they have the nt1 and i they support mugen.. but by my girls hosue in bk which im at every weekeend, theres a hobby shop tjhat supports the 733, hmm lol. dunno if i should jump on that or wait for mtx5. ima wait to winter to get one unless i hear anything about a mtx5. drove my 710 with the mugen x-12 engine yesterday tuned up great and wow.. next car i want a jp modified engine! im hooked i get my savage today so i can bash that which will hold me off for a new car
Even if you can't get parts locally for everything, online is not bad either. The manual has detailed layouts of every part and you can just do a lookup on google or something to see who has it.
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:42 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's nice having that kind of parts availability,personally I favour the 733,it looks like a well-thought design,easy to work on and it's beautifull.On a side note i would keep the 710 be it a shelf queen or a practice car
Old 09-10-2010, 06:16 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
It's nice having that kind of parts availability,personally I favour the 733,it looks like a well-thought design,easy to work on and it's beautifull.On a side note i would keep the 710 be it a shelf queen or a practice car

my 710 with my practically new mugen x-12 engien.. super fast.. i can imagine what the new enignes do! i might wait for the nest mugen kit and go from there
Old 09-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #35
Tech Regular

today my 710 with mugen x-12 was ran over by a car ;( so i cant wait for teh mtx5.. i will bhe 733.. what engine?!? thank got i sitll have my starter box and radio
Old 09-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapper View Post
As far as a RTR touring car goes I would suggest the NTC3. Competitive out or the box and completely adjustable. The RS4 doesn't even have adjustable turnbuckles and has a high center of gravity. Parts for the NTC3 are cheep and readily available just about anywhere. The gas tank alone on an NT1 is like 55 bucks I'm told. People will tell you it's outdated/cheep but theres a guy here who can pull one out of the box, set it up, and place 3rd in an Open class amongst pros and sponsored racers. For what it is your trying to do I think the NTC3 will suit your needs the best.

I agree....I still race my foam car TC3 (sold the rubber tired one last year..)...

On any medium track (straight 125 foot)... They are still as fast as any current level PRO car...and still free roll like a smooth running clock...

here is a pic

fastharry.com TC 3

btw, I know a hobby shop that still has a nib team car. If you want info let me know...
Old 09-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxclip View Post
today my 710 with mugen x-12 was ran over by a car ;( so i cant wait for teh mtx5.. i will bhe 733.. what engine?!? thank got i sitll have my starter box and radio
Sorry to ear that,i'm sad now my G4JR went bananas yesterday and almost hit a wall and a pole so i was lucky after all,just minor cosmetic damage that i can remove,time to clean the dust of my RRR.
As for what engine,i run the PT12R02SXT-1 .12 SH in my G4JR i'm not sure mine is modified,my LHS can get SH parts cheap and all SH engines i have had are good quality,reliable and cheap.