R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-29-2005, 09:41 AM   #121
Tech Elite

600 wt
Old 10-01-2005, 01:00 AM   #122
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys know the balls that the tierods connect to on the servo saver are really tight that my steering struggles a little bit, so I sanded the aluminum balls down alittle and now they are to loose what is the best way of loosening them up?
Old 10-01-2005, 09:00 PM   #123
Tech Addict

They go on only one way. Perhaps you mounted the ball cup backwards. If so Replace the ball cups and the balls.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:24 PM   #124
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkelley
They go on only one way. Perhaps you mounted the ball cup backwards. If so Replace the ball cups and the balls.
I know I'm putting them I the right way, they go in the bigger side but they are so tight that they barely move.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:37 PM   #125
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by superserpent
I know I'm putting them I the right way, they go in the bigger side but they are so tight that they barely move.
Did you make sure the turnbuckle thread is not pressing on the ball cup? This could be where your bind is. What happens is when you narrow your track width or use the wider ackerman saver (12)then you have to tighten the turnbuckles to give you the desired toe out. Sometimes the turnbuckle thread pushes the rod end plastic on the inside of the ball opening. If this is the case you can try to use a shorter rod end, or ball cup end , I think there's short medium, and long ones.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:00 PM   #126
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkelley
Did you make sure the turnbuckle thread is not pressing on the ball cup? This could be where your bind is. What happens is when you narrow your track width or use the wider ackerman saver (12)then you have to tighten the turnbuckles to give you the desired toe out. Sometimes the turnbuckle thread pushes the rod end plastic on the inside of the ball opening. If this is the case you can try to use a shorter rod end, or ball cup end , I think there's short medium, and long ones.

I checked that also and I am positive that is not it either. Any thing else. I even bought new balls that go on the servo saver and new tie rod ends and it is the same.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:56 AM   #127
Tech Addict

You got me stumped. I'd call delta... Maybe the balls were machined too big..Chuck them up in a dremel and sand polish some.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #128
Tech Elite

Are you using delta balls and rod ends?
Old 10-03-2005, 04:56 PM   #129
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I had the same problem (also with the large diamater balls that go on the rear uprights). You're probably only looking for a couple thousands, so you might want to give the dremel and polish a thought.
fuelgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 04:58 PM   #130
Tech Master

Quote:
I checked that also and I am positive that is not it either. Any thing else. I even bought new balls that go on the servo saver and new tie rod ends and it is the same.

With the assembly together - pinch the widest point on the plastic tie rod ends with needle nose pliers (be sure to do this while the balls are inserted) - it will stretch the plastic just a bit - I'm sure it will help the "feel" of the assembly. You might have to do this a coupla times to get the fit correct.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:11 PM   #131
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock
Are you using delta balls and rod ends?
Yes, both are Delta parts.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:12 PM   #132
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
With the assembly together - pinch the widest point on the plastic tie rod ends with needle nose pliers (be sure to do this while the balls are inserted) - it will stretch the plastic just a bit - I'm sure it will help the "feel" of the assembly. You might have to do this a coupla times to get the fit correct.
Thanks I will try that. Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:58 PM   #133
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Thanks Rich, this worked perfectly. By the way Rich I'm Arno the guy that needed the aluminum sway bar mounts in Vegas, do you have any in stock and how much are they?

Thanks,
Arno
Old 10-24-2005, 08:51 AM   #134
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks Rich, this worked perfectly. By the way Rich I'm Arno the guy that needed the aluminum sway bar mounts in Vegas, do you have any in stock and how much are they?

Thanks,
Arno
Hi Arno,

They are in stock at Ace:

http://tinyurl.com/8w83e

Sorry about not having them available at the track. Trunk sales aren't fair to the hobby shops.

Rich
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #135
Tech Fanatic

i am about to put an engine on ebay, but before i do so, i figure i would put it up here first. i am selling a novamega evo6 novarossi engine. it is the same design as the novarossi 321p's (the latest 8 port engine novarossi makes). i had a 1/8th scale but my track went out of business and i never got to run it. the engine was run for one tank. i started the break in for one tank with the car on the starter box. i had to leave and could not finish it. actually jauquin desoto (distributor for mugen) was the one who performed the one tank of starting to break it in. the engine still needs the full break in since only one tank of fuel has been through it. i paid $500 for it. i will sell for $300. i just want to get rid of it, since i do not have a 1/8th car. it is a very good engine. you can email me to [email protected] or call me at 305.807.9529. thanks.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote