R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #16
Tech Adept
 
gfilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
Wow, I always thought this was about the fun of it and not meant to be a boxing match. I personally don't care what someone does with their cars, race or no. There can be things for the car that make it easier for someone to handle or they like better. Even if all they do is practice runs. I've heard Matrix tires are good. Not necessarily better than everything else and I'm not going to say Brand X is better than Brand Y. Obviously they won't make you world champ just because someone qualified good on them or won a major event with them. It's the same with anything. You can take the car that won the worlds and all the gear the driver had and in someone else's hands it would look like a joke. The real question is...was it fun that day? If the answer is yes then it doesn't matter about anything else. Whether you drive a Team Magic G4, an Xray NT1, or an older car you picked up and got running. The whole idea is to enjoy yourself and have a fun hobby. Now me personally, I like a hard rim on my tires. I'll be the first to admit I totally suck and always have. So I want a rim that won't warp on me if I tap the wall a few times. Now any rim will bend that much is obvious, but in my experience a harder rim helps a bit. Even if I can't drive very well, and when I drive well I'm not fast...I have fun.
+1. After all thats why we spend time in this HOBBY. To learn things (mechanical stuff etc) ,have fun (driving) and meet other people. Sometimes, competition makes you forget what the purpose of doing it and someone has to remind it to you!
__________________
Serpent 720 09 mega zx 12 dsII+, Serpent 733 nova 353 tuned/sirio XXXV
Futaba, Graupner, Hudy, RB fuel
gfilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #17
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
Wow, I always thought this was about the fun of it and not meant to be a boxing match. I personally don't care what someone does with their cars, race or no. There can be things for the car that make it easier for someone to handle or they like better. Even if all they do is practice runs. I've heard Matrix tires are good. Not necessarily better than everything else and I'm not going to say Brand X is better than Brand Y. Obviously they won't make you world champ just because someone qualified good on them or won a major event with them. It's the same with anything. You can take the car that won the worlds and all the gear the driver had and in someone else's hands it would look like a joke. The real question is...was it fun that day? If the answer is yes then it doesn't matter about anything else. Whether you drive a Team Magic G4, an Xray NT1, or an older car you picked up and got running. The whole idea is to enjoy yourself and have a fun hobby. Now me personally, I like a hard rim on my tires. I'll be the first to admit I totally suck and always have. So I want a rim that won't warp on me if I tap the wall a few times. Now any rim will bend that much is obvious, but in my experience a harder rim helps a bit. Even if I can't drive very well, and when I drive well I'm not fast...I have fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfilos View Post
+1. After all thats why we spend time in this HOBBY. To learn things (mechanical stuff etc) ,have fun (driving) and meet other people. Sometimes, competition makes you forget what the purpose of doing it and someone has to remind it to you!


thanks you guys this is how i feel i dont under stand why ppl are like this and why it matters to them i dont care if i dont win im not the best never was i have said it many times i do it for fun thats it
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #18
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
thanks you guys this is how i feel i dont under stand why ppl are like this and why it matters to them i dont care if i dont win im not the best never was i have said it many times i do it for fun thats it
Some people are super competitive and to some extent I understand that they might think someone is wasting their time with a $1000 car with all the hop-ups etc. when they don't go compete. I'll be honest, I have a car that a few years ago would have cost over $1000 to build, but I never raced competitively. The area I'm at has off-road tracks and not one On-road unless I drive a couple hours to get there. I don't have the time to do that so I run my car with some friends for fun. Nothing serious. I did at one time want to race my car which is why I bought it, but I learned that it was more difficult and demanding than I anticipated. I still have fun and I can afford to have a nice car so I don't sweat it.

I could probably have gotten an HPI or something that was RTR and do most of what I do now, but I enjoy having a car that is more adjustable and when I race my friends for fun, I can usually win because of things like shocks, acceleration, better clutch, faster servos, better weight distribution etc. We all have fun whether I lap them 5 times or not.
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #19
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
Some people are super competitive and to some extent I understand that they might think someone is wasting their time with a $1000 car with all the hop-ups etc. when they don't go compete. I'll be honest, I have a car that a few years ago would have cost over $1000 to build, but I never raced competitively. The area I'm at has off-road tracks and not one On-road unless I drive a couple hours to get there. I don't have the time to do that so I run my car with some friends for fun. Nothing serious. I did at one time want to race my car which is why I bought it, but I learned that it was more difficult and demanding than I anticipated. I still have fun and I can afford to have a nice car so I don't sweat it.

I could probably have gotten an HPI or something that was RTR and do most of what I do now, but I enjoy having a car that is more adjustable and when I race my friends for fun, I can usually win because of things like shocks, acceleration, better clutch, faster servos, better weight distribution etc. We all have fun whether I lap them 5 times or not.
i feel the same way he drive 2hr to come race in my town i only got back in to it because there is a track in my town where i can race but i have not had time to get back in to it and ppl like that guy is why i got back in to off road but i love onroad so im going to keep working on my car till i like it and yes i need a lot more time running it to get better in do time there is always next year
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #20
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Milton,Canada
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
i feel the same way he drive 2hr to come race in my town i only got back in to it because there is a track in my town where i can race but i have not had time to get back in to it and ppl like that guy is why i got back in to off road but i love onroad so im going to keep working on my car till i like it and yes i need a lot more time running it to get better in do time there is always next year

Wow what a moron!!!!!!!!!!
He can`t even calculate how much time it takes me to get there
Did you ever go to school kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And BTW it ain`t your town eh
And BTW trust me i ain`t gonna be missing you if you go back to Offroad, so go ahead do it, see ya.
__________________
RROL and LOU`s where only real racers race.
Weapons of choice,NT1 2010 , X-Ray T3 x 2, X-Ray X10 X-Ray all the way baby.
Futaba 4pk,gq tires,jaco tyres,odonnel fuel,T-Power batteries, tekin and nova powered.
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #21
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
Wow what a moron!!!!!!!!!!
He can`t even calculate how much time it takes me to get there
Did you ever go to school kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And BTW it ain`t your town eh
And BTW trust me i ain`t gonna be missing you if you go back to Offroad, so go ahead do it, see ya.
All that aside let me ask you a few things.

Does it bother you that someone can afford to buy a nice car and wants to keep it running even if they aren't competitive or good? it shouldn't

Does it hurt you in some way when someone doesn't race and comes to ask a question? it shouldn't

Was the question about Matrix tires being any good not legitimate on this forum? it most certainly was and as said before, there's parts and upgrades people might want because they want to upgrade their car and can afford to do so.

Does his question offend you in some way? it really shouldn't

Does the fact that he doesn't take the time to race his car affect you in a negative way? no

So I don't understand the negativity. Whether you know who it is or not, you or anyone else has no right to tell someone how to spend their money and time.
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #22
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
All that aside let me ask you a few things.

Does it bother you that someone can afford to buy a nice car and wants to keep it running even if they aren't competitive or good? it shouldn't

Does it hurt you in some way when someone doesn't race and comes to ask a question? it shouldn't

Was the question about Matrix tires being any good not legitimate on this forum? it most certainly was and as said before, there's parts and upgrades people might want because they want to upgrade their car and can afford to do so.

Does his question offend you in some way? it really shouldn't

Does the fact that he doesn't take the time to race his car affect you in a negative way? no

So I don't understand the negativity. Whether you know who it is or not, you or anyone else has no right to tell someone how to spend their money and time.
its ok i dont care anymore he dose not know me and i dont know him i have not said one word to this guy he is just a waste of my time
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #23
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 373
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
All that aside let me ask you a few things.

Does it bother you that someone can afford to buy a nice car and wants to keep it running even if they aren't competitive or good? it shouldn't

Does it hurt you in some way when someone doesn't race and comes to ask a question? it shouldn't

Was the question about Matrix tires being any good not legitimate on this forum? it most certainly was and as said before, there's parts and upgrades people might want because they want to upgrade their car and can afford to do so.

Does his question offend you in some way? it really shouldn't

Does the fact that he doesn't take the time to race his car affect you in a negative way? no

So I don't understand the negativity. Whether you know who it is or not, you or anyone else has no right to tell someone how to spend their money and time.
+1
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:28 AM   #24
Tech Regular
 
RayJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 445
Default

Guys..... this thread was supposed to be about Matrix Tires. Could you guys please take your personal dislike for each other to pm's?
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #25
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern California
Posts: 293
Default

All that being said, GQ Racing Tires are the best... in quality ... not in popularity as the contest seems to be... but we will be there also!!!!
Just my 2 cents hahahaha

But the boxing match is interesting reading. How all those bad words can be said by using all the symbols... I wonder if I can say it that way out loud.
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
arrows foam tires rapid-rc Nitro On-Road 15 02-19-2011 04:15 PM
Matrix Racing Tires 1/10 & 1/8 scale Available in USA maxysfuel Nitro On-Road 15 04-22-2010 10:25 AM
Matrix Racing Tires TPB Nitro On-Road 7 02-18-2009 02:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:23 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net