R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   novarossi sx21 nova mega evo4 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/424317-novarossi-sx21-nova-mega-evo4.html)

Gav w 08-09-2010 02:24 PM

novarossi sx21 nova mega evo4

:confused: Hi, i am trying to find out if any of the new piston and liner sets would fit the novarossi sx21 evo4, i am also looking for spares for the serpent vector... any help would be appreciated.
thanks gav

Roelof 08-09-2010 02:44 PM

Something like the P/S set form a N21-7T, RX21, 321 and 221 will fit. The R7 rods can be used but the main question is if it is worth it, If new bearing are also needed you are very close to a new Kangaroo engine (same kind of engine).

captian 08-09-2010 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 7782263)
Something like the P/S set form a N21-7T, RX21, 321 and 221 will fit. The R7 rods can be used but the main question is if it is worth it, If new bearing are also needed you are very close to a new Kangaroo engine (same kind of engine).

that is so true

g-wan 08-10-2010 04:06 AM

caster 5+2 p/s

well im done with my novamega sx21 evo5 using caster engine p/s,as its very tight on compression,since our lhs dont carry out novamega part or special order for the liner for 21 engine,so i try to make order from friend in beijing as for caster p/s,even my ninja mr21 using caster p/s..work well on cheap budget:sweat:

big-l 08-10-2010 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Gav w (Post 7782196)
:confused: Hi, i am trying to find out if any of the new piston and liner sets would fit the novarossi sx21 evo4, i am also looking for spares for the serpent vector... any help would be appreciated.
thanks gav

hi iv a brand new vector nt 2002 edition in box, where you from am in north ireland!

Roelof 08-10-2010 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by g-wan (Post 7785338)
well im done with my novamega sx21 evo5 using caster engine p/s,as its very tight on compression,since our lhs dont carry out novamega part or special order for the liner for 21 engine,so i try to make order from friend in beijing as for caster p/s,even my ninja mr21 using caster p/s..work well on cheap budget:sweat:

Caster pistons does tell me nothing.....
Microcasted or CNC pistons does only say about the production process and nothing about the alloy and the specs. It is just advertising, giving you meaningless info you realy do not need or understand but you will use it to make your choice.

A piston is a piston and if the piston has a short life or it shatters in pieces then a wrong alloy is used but it has noting to do with the production process (with the idea the production is OK)

Regarding Ninja/GRP, yes, I did fit one set into an old Nova SX21 crankcase and it works just fine. The only thing is to enlarge the 4mm hole for the piston pin on a R7 rod to 4.2mm.

g-wan 08-10-2010 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 7785911)
Caster pistons does tell me nothing.....
Microcasted or CNC pistons does only say about the production process and nothing about the alloy and the specs. It is just advertising, giving you meaningless info you realy do not need or understand but you will use it to make your choice.

A piston is a piston and if the piston has a short life or it shatters in pieces then a wrong alloy is used but it has noting to do with the production process (with the idea the production is OK)

Regarding Ninja/GRP, yes, I did fit one set into an old Nova SX21 crankcase and it works just fine. The only thing is to enlarge the 4mm hole for the piston pin on a R7 rod to 4.2mm.

well im understand what u say above but i mean its from caster racing product which i install my piston and liner on both my nova and ninja engine,i did'n mean by using caster piston,im sorry if it make alot of confuse in the way im write..sorry:sweat::sweat:

Roelof 08-10-2010 12:48 PM

OK, my mistake as well. I know some people talking about this a lot not knowing the real story behind it.