R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-08-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Why did my sleeve break???????????

I had a sleeve let go today and would like to know why. The motor is a Murnan Collari 2007 Cordoba edition 35+21. It had 15 litres on it, the bearings are fine, it wasn't running hot or lean and the rod was replaced about 1 litre ago. If y'all have any answers let me know.

www.MRCCR.com
azcau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcau View Post
I had a sleeve let go today and would like to know why. The motor is a Murnan Collari 2007 Cordoba edition 35+21. It had 15 litres on it, the bearings are fine, it wasn't running hot or lean and the rod was replaced about 1 litre ago. If y'all have any answers let me know.
I had the exact same issue with the exact same engine. Mine wasn't running lean either. Sleave broken in half, around the ports.

Seen it on two other Cordoba engines as well.
occ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:14 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Time to offload the other one then.

For Sale: 1 x 2007 Collari + 1 x 2007 MURNAN Collari for parts. What shall we open the bidding at?

www.MRCCR.com
Old 08-08-2010, 06:35 AM   #4
Tech Regular

I just compared the Collari sleeve with a standard 35+ sleeve. There doesn't appear to be that much difference apart from the larger exhaust port. Is this larger exhaust port the problem perhaps?

www.MRCCR.com
Old 08-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm curious, what fuel were you guys running? Trying to see if there is a correlation to something I have seen.
wingracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Quote:
this seems to be a common prob with these collari motors not murnan modified i know a few guys that had this problem with stock colari plus 35's
Mom & Dad
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Do we have a deal??

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ling-head.html

-MRX-
MRX4XXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Quote:
I have seen this a few times now but none of my engines have done this. The guy that modify's my engines loves 35plus's but has had dramas with some engines doing this and some that dont and recently one of our club members has done this twice in the same case. So what he thinks is happening is the cases arent perfectly round in some engines or the case isnt growing with the liner properly and the liner is actually moving and therefore breaking.

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:44 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Quote:
I'm curious, what fuel were you guys running? Trying to see if there is a correlation to something I have seen.
I don't really want to get into that argument, suffice to say it's locally manufactured (here in Oz) 25% Nitro. We have been using it for the past couple of years with no adverse effects.........'till now. What correlation might you be talking about?

www.MRCCR.com
Old 08-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #10
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
I don't really want to get into that argument, suffice to say it's locally manufactured (here in Oz) 25% Nitro. We have been using it for the past couple of years with no adverse effects.........'till now. What correlation might you be talking about?
That's not it then. I had never had that problem until I switched to one of the big brands here in the states and had THREE different motors all do it in the span of 1 month. Switched to yet another fuel brand and have had NO motor problems since. I really think it was a fuel issue for me.
wingracer is online now   Reply With Quote