Wiki Posts
Search

Pressure inside fuel tank...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Pressure inside fuel tank...

Hi everyone,

I have the FT NTC3 with a NovaRoss .12 engine. I found there is too much pressure inside the tank. The Nitro inside the tank is like a fountain. My pipe is the one comes with the FT kit. Anyone, have the same problem like mine.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Initiate

I assume the tank you have uses the pressure fitting in the tank itself? I and most of the guys i race with have had that problem, but associated has a tank with the pressure fitting in the lid, that tank works much better.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi 1BadTransam,

Thanks for your reply, mine is the one with the pressure fitting in the lid too.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Pressure inside fuel tank...

Originally posted by Raycer
Hi everyone,

I have the FT NTC3 with a NovaRoss .12 engine. I found there is too much pressure inside the tank. The Nitro inside the tank is like a fountain. My pipe is the one comes with the FT kit. Anyone, have the same problem like mine.

Thanks
I have seen this a fair bit early on with the NTC3. It was supposed to be fixed with the new tank, but I still saw the nitro churning around in that tank more so than most others, so it was only a partial fix.

I any event it did not seem to cause these guys much problems, their cars ran fine.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Try adding more line to you pressure side. When I raced my NTC3, I used about a half a pack of fuel line on the pressure line.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is the NTC3 tank rubber mounted? Its possible that the vibration from being bolted directly to the chassis so close to the engine is the real problem behind this. Try adding more foam rubber between the tank and chassis to see what happens
Old 06-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Mine's fine

I have actually changed my pressure feed line back to a near straight shot; I used to use the three loop around the handle setup. I'm running an NS12 and an OS TR12T.

I guess I don't know what "too much" pressure means. It's still controllable through the needles. As far as bubbles in the tank are concerned, AE pretty much solved the problem when they moved the pressure nipple to the lid. I haven't had any hesitation events with the newer tanks, with either pressure line setup. With the real old tanks, I used to get both hesitation events from bubbles and uneven mixture from the flexing of the tank.

Do you have any performance issues associated with the pressure that you're trying to solve?

The tank is isolated on grommets.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi ZipZip,

Yes, I have air bubbles into the fuel line and make my engine very unstable, especially when the fuel tank has 1/3 of fuel left. When my fuel tank is full, my engine has no problem on this.

Anyway, thanks all of you guys...
Old 06-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Oh. I already have 3 rounds of fuel line plus 2 1/8 fuel filters in between. Still not much help with this setting...
Old 06-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

where can you get this fuel tank from, this is the first time i have heard of this, and i usually surf but can anybody give me a link, now i have heard about the lower tank, but people have had their problems with that one as well, thanks.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

I remember now that I had some rubber tire liner under my tank, and don't tighten the screws holding the tank to the chassis too tight.