Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GQ Racing Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Midwest Series race #5 in the books and I qualified 7th andcame home with 4th place in the A-Main after losing my second gear with 10 minutes to go. I'm going to measure the tires tomorrow to see what the wear was like but I ran some really soft tires and a quick glance says I can run them again at the club race next week
Old 08-19-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
I had not noticed until you said that
Good Job !
Old 08-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default GQ Tires at California State Series Race

I would like to congratulate Christain Lopez on his TQ and Win in the 1:8th A Main at the California State Series race this past weekend (8/20-21). Christain needed more turning ability at SpeedWorld a technical track. Using GQ Racing Tires 32F Pro White rim (getting some flex) and using some other brand(s) for the rears since they have less traction than GQ's rears, it gave Christain's car excellent front grip and loosen the rear enough to move around the several fast cornering turns. Christain being an excellent driver picked up 3 to 4 tenths using this combination and secured the TQ position. Christain then went on to win the A Main. Cool!!

Kenny took off his Carbon rims since they created a push and followed the example of Christain. Kenny was not only faster but loved the way the car came to life and ran excellently in the A main. Congrats to Kenny!

It is fun helping drivers when you represent the best tire company in the world. Try us U will like us!

Last edited by TM America; 08-24-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Spelling..opps!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default We are all moved in!!!

Well our move is finally over. We are still opening up boxes and placing parts on the shelving that had to be rebuilt. But we are getting it all done.

1:10th tires to get the inventory back in shape will be coming in a few weeks. Just remember with GQ Racing Tires, they have 100% of the stock 100% of the time. If I run out it is just because we ordered incorrectly for the increasing volume we are seeing each month. We love it but at times we are out of stock. But GQ is never out of stock. GQ makes the rims and the tires unlike all the other brands that depend on whomever to make their tires and then they have to stock them (so the can dry up.). Our orders are made fresh for us and all tires are cello packed for freshness again unlike other brands. They may cost .50 cents more than others, however it is well worth it I assure you.

Our 1:8th tires should be here about 2 weeks later then the 1:10th. We will have everything that shows on our website. These 1:8th tires are amazing. You really do need to try them.

We have a DnM tech order in transit as we speak. Should arrive next week. Our test of the Doman Servos turned out great. Run about the same pricing as Savox but a little less with the high voltage servos that we have coming.

We are fully stocked on the VP Racing fuel in quarts so we can ship easily to racers that use this excellent fuel.

We keep Shepherd Velox V8 kits and parts in stock. We can get you anything you need for the V10's. Our pricing now on these parts are competitive however you will see a 10% to 15% price reduction in different parts to help Shepherd racers.

That is the update some have written to me and asked about. I will tell you I am never moving again!!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Tied GQ 1/8 tires yesterday and absolutely loved them. Ran 40 shore white rims and they stayed consistent all day and wear rate was incredibly low. Definitely going to be ordering more.

Eric
Old 09-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

GQ team drivers Melvin Aulston, Rick Schenck, and Gene Hudgins had a good day at a local club event at VORRA in Chesterfield VA yesterday. All three in the 1/10 Amain. Melvin almost had the win but was turned on the last lap just before the timing loop and was passed for the lead. But all in all GQ tires performed awsome, great wear and great traction, what else could you ask for? If you haven't tried these tires you need to, you will not be dissapointed!
Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Gq guys is there a noticeable difference between the hard and soft carbon rims ? Do you guys ever a combination of the two ? Or would you guys just stock up on both kinds, and run whichever was faster that day ?
Old 09-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Tech Rookie

hi guys, whats the ETA delivery time for orders to Australia? I need to know as i'd like to put an order in soon, i need them by the 3rd or 4th week of Sept
Old 09-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

You guys from GQ are all moved in WHERE ??? What is your contact number email etc ?? I need to buy the best racing tires for my ntc3 to compete with the newer car kits out there ??? I hope GQ won't let me down !!!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Gq guys is there a noticeable difference between the hard and soft carbon rims ? Do you guys ever a combination of the two ? Or would you guys just stock up on both kinds, and run whichever was faster that day ?
For the carbons I don't really mix rim hardness, but there is a noticeable difference between the both it just depends on the surface your on. If your looking for a little more traction I'd go with the soft rims, if you want the car to feel more responsive go with the harder rims. the soft rims are better over bumps or ridges in the surface that some tracks do have. It's good to keep a selection of both so you can fine tune, but it's not a huge difference between them. I mostly use the Hard Carbon over here
Old 09-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
You guys from GQ are all moved in WHERE ??? What is your contact number email etc ?? I need to buy the best racing tires for my ntc3 to compete with the newer car kits out there ??? I hope GQ won't let me down !!!!!
Sitewww.gqamerica.com
Email: [email protected]
Old 09-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the info Diatta !!!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

I have mixed and matched where necessary but I found a preference to the Hard Front, Soft Rear white wheels.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Some time I run in the front Hard Carbon and in the rear Hard White is make my car feel more stable in the front..For me..
Old 09-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

3rd place in the last midwest series race and 3rd place in the series overall. I'll post more and pictures after I get some rest. Thanks GQ for the support this season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.