R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #121
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachlan 12345 View Post
hi i just crashewd my first nitro car and all 4 rims cracked is there anything i can do to fix it or can i keep driving with them
As far as I know there is no way to fix them. You can try to use them but they won't last long like that. If you are able to use them, they will probley upset the car so much and make it undrivable.

Check out www.gqamerica.com Sam carries GQ Tires which are great for racing or just running around in a parking lot. The rims are great and will stand up to alittle more abuse than other brands, but if you hit anything hard enough or the right way it will break.
VA_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachlan 12345 View Post
hi i just crashewd my first nitro car and all 4 rims cracked is there anything i can do to fix it or can i keep driving with them
You can try gluing them but i doubt it will be good.
Are they the S rim? My recommendation to guys who crash a lot or crash hard is get the non S rims.
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #123
Tech Addict

Default 26mm 35 shore, 30mm 37 shore

anybody know when GQ america will be restocking the tires
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #124
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
anybody know when GQ america will be restocking the tires
From what I hear, the shipment should be here early to mid next month and will also have the new carbon rims in it.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

FINALLY, FINALLY got to race this weekend! All new everything, including my GQ Tires.

Race the first midwest series race in Mentor, Ohio and had a lot of success considering I haven't been out since last October.

I started the race on 35F Soft, 37R Soft and quickly found out where the boards were and that the front soft wheels were not for me. Switch to the hard wheels and 40Rs for better rear traction and everything worked out. End up 6th place in the A but before I lost my camber link screw (brand new car, not enough locktight), I was on my way to 3rd.

The tires handled the parking lot track well, but next race I'll probably try the 35F Hard, 37 or 40 rear soft wheels. I think I'll be able to work out a really good setup with the hard front soft rear combination.

If anyone reading this thread plans to attend the next midwest series race in Portage Indiana, stop by my pit to check out the tires.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #126
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Dorian what's up !
Yes I understand what you say about the rings.

I tested for first time the last Sunday in the track on FBF the 35Fsoft with 37R hard I like it
because the track had low and low M traction now and I like feel my car with more from traction..I will try 35F hard with 37R hard at Chaplin,CT because is a high traction.
Let me say my car feel really good with the GQ tire's more traction more stable
more corner speed more on power forward traction and side bit. I be at FBF this Sunday break in my 4 motor's if some want see the tire's in action please see me...
Note: For some one had a Serpent or Kyosho I guess Hard ring in the from and soft in the rear can be a good think to try..
Sponsored by.RC America-Xray-Hudy- Hot Race Tyres- GQ Racing Tires- Sweep Racing tires- Fantom racing- SpeedMerchant- Boca Bearings- TQ Wires- Maxy's Pro Racing Fuel - Maxy's Modified Engine-Larcher Paintworks- Brooklyn Hobby.
Pedro_Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #127
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

4th motor...BALLIN'!!! You all nitro this summer or running electric too?

I definitely had a brand new sense of steering with the 35F GQ tires. I got use to my car pushing with other tires. This past weekend I was trying to get steering out. The 37R soft wasn't handling the bumps in the parking lot well. I looked at the wheels today and the plastic was scraped up from rolling over in the bumps. The 40R hards were better, but now I'm thinking I would've had more success with the 40R softs. Definitely gotta get use to having more tire combination options.

I was probably better off not racing, now I can't wait to get back out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro_Speedy View Post
Hey Dorian what's up !
Yes I understand what you say about the rings.

I tested for first time the last Sunday in the track on FBF the 35Fsoft with 37R hard I like it
because the track had low and low M traction now and I like feel my car with more from traction..I will try 35F hard with 37R hard at Chaplin,CT because is a high traction.
Let me say my car feel really good with the GQ tire's more traction more stable
more corner speed more on power forward traction and side bit. I be at FBF this Sunday break in my 4 motor's if some want see the tire's in action please see me...
Note: For some one had a Serpent or Kyosho I guess Hard ring in the from and soft in the rear can be a good think to try..
Old 05-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #128
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
4th motor...BALLIN'!!! You all nitro this summer or running electric too?

I definitely had a brand new sense of steering with the 35F GQ tires. I got use to my car pushing with other tires. This past weekend I was trying to get steering out. The 37R soft wasn't handling the bumps in the parking lot well. I looked at the wheels today and the plastic was scraped up from rolling over in the bumps. The 40R hards were better, but now I'm thinking I would've had more success with the 40R softs. Definitely gotta get use to having more tire combination options.

I was probably better off not racing, now I can't wait to get back out.
Lol LOL I C brother !
Yes I running electric this year I had my T3 2010 ready with 7.5T ! I try at FBF and the car is 95% good !..Yes I was use it other tires for a long time and always had that problem of push..But now that problem is done finish finito with the GQ tires ! I can,t wait to race.. I still have work to do to break in this 4 motor's I like had all the motor ready to use if I need it..So 2mor i willl be finish with that ! I hope ! hey I hope C U son !
Sponsored by.RC America-Xray-Hudy- Hot Race Tyres- GQ Racing Tires- Sweep Racing tires- Fantom racing- SpeedMerchant- Boca Bearings- TQ Wires- Maxy's Pro Racing Fuel - Maxy's Modified Engine-Larcher Paintworks- Brooklyn Hobby.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #129
Tech Elite

Damn Pedro you bought 4 motors at one time?
Old 05-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #130
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Damn Pedro you bought 4 motors at one time?
Hey What's up Rui !
Yes what I do is I break in the motor's in 4 stage
1) I run 2 tank in the stater box in each motor.Stage 1
2) I run 10 tank at the track. stage 2
3) I run 10 more tank at the track with 1h liner for each tank.Stage 3
after the Stage 3 and run the motor in a club race to finish the tune and running time..Stage 4
I can't finish all the motor's in one day because is a lot of work and time but what I do is I do 2 motor's with all 3 Stage and 2 motor with Stage 1 and 2..
Old 05-31-2011, 11:04 AM   #131
Tech Fanatic

Congrats to Rui for winning the Memorial Day Trophy race over at Jackson RC this past weekend with GQ tires. Also GQ tires fininshes 3rd at the Blue Diamond trophy race, good weekend for the team
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:16 AM   #132
Tech Regular

Congrats to Rui and all the other team members for the fine results this past weekend. Please send any picutres you have from the weekend to me. GQ will be proud to post them on their Worldwide website. I like to see the GQ America Team dominate the "Results" page of the GQ website !!! That would be cool!
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:25 PM   #133
Tech Elite

Thanks guys!

This past week was the 3rd annual Memorial race held at Jackson RC in Jackson NJ.

Round 1, was on TQ run and ran out of fuel just before the end of the race.
2nd round all tuned up and was able to TQ. 3rd round track got a little slower
but still managed to win the round.

All day long in practice and qualifying tires felt very consistent.
35F 37R was the combo for the day. 40's rear would have also been a good
setup, but decided to free the chassis up instead of changing tires.

20 minute main started at 60mm rear and 58mm front. Tire wear was very low, less then a .7mm on the sweeper side. Tires are consistent from the tall to small. Lap 31 was my fast lap of 13.6 and my last lap 82 was 13.9. Towards the end of the race I wasn't pushing that hard since i was up 4 laps on 2nd and still pulled a 13.9.

After all is said and done I am very pleased with GQ quality of foam and rims
and can't wait to get back on the track to burn some fuel!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #134
Tech Master

Congrats to GQ Tire's Team Diatta and Rui ! Good Job !

I agree with Rui the tire's is the best ! I try me this Sunday and my car was great ! My friends told me Pedro your car look really good !
I'm ready for this Sunday trophy race at FBF !
Old 06-01-2011, 05:05 AM   #135
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro_Speedy View Post
I'm ready for this Sunday trophy race at FBF !
See ya Sunday!