Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 AM   #106
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Best of luck to Sabrina Lechner and the rest of the team at the worlds
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i heard that they are releasing a carbon 1/10 pro rim today , got a email from GQ
can this be confirmed ?

chad
Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #108
Tech Regular

Already posted on this thread. Go back a page and you can read the announcement.

Sabrina got her GQ Carbon Disk tires today in Florida. In controlled practice she posted a very good 34/10:14 time. I think that places her in the top 25. Nice move up from yesterday's practice rounds. I hope she does well in the qualifiers starting tomorrow.
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:44 AM   #109
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ok far enough , but what i was saying is i had a email from GQ saying that a Carbon version of the 1/10 pro rim was released a few days ago .

what we've found here in australia is that in very high temps a carbon rim will not soften during a long final like standard plastic will , i know the pro hard rim is very stiff but i was thinking that rim in carbon would be even better .im guessing that why they just produced the 1/8 carbon rim???
Old 04-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #110
Tech Regular

I am sorry, I have 1:8th tires on my mind right now anf thought you were speaking of them. Originally about a month back GQ told me about the black carbon wheels for the 1:8th and in the same sentence they mentioned the 1:10th Touring. I took this as both the 1:8th and the 1:10th Nitro tires were going to have Black Carbon wheel. Then a new price list was emailed to me and the 1:10th had black Pro rims listed only. So I thought I was wrong. I then requested a clarification to see if I was wrong in my first interpretation of what was said. This is when I found out we do have the Black Caron wheels for 1:10th as well as the 1:8th.

I have already ordered my 1:10th carbon wheel tires. Have your distributor do the same. They are ready to me made and shipped! Although it takes a little time between his order and the delivery date, but you will have them in time for the heat!
Attached Thumbnails
GQ Racing Tires-gq-1-10th-touring-ad.jpg  
Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #111
Tech Regular

Default 1:8th Carbon Black Rims

Well our 1:8th Carbon Recessed Disk rims are now in and ready to ship to racers. I will tell you now these rims and tires are beautiful.

These Carbon rims make the tires about 10% lighter than our Pro Hard lightweight plastic rims. Obviously the Carbon Disk rims are just as strong or I guess they should be even stronger than our Pro Lightweight rims. Isn't this wonderful!!! Now you can go head on into the boards at 60mph and guess what Your rims and tires are in good shape!!! Okay the car itself ... well not so much!

However with the summer months approaching and the blacktop tracks getting very hot, Carbon Dish Rims will be the answer for some racers. But lets see all aspects of Carbon Rims. You also must know when to use the Carbon Rims and your Plastic Rims. Especially the GQ "Soft" Carbon Dish rims and our "Soft" Plastic Technology rims.

Carbon rims will make the tire rims stiffer. This will aid with faster turn in and better middle of the corner speeds. Also it will keep the tire rims round so heat will not effect the shape of the rim. These aids will be more apparent if you were using other brands of tires that don't have the high quality and costly plastic materials that are found in GQ Pro White Hard and Soft Rims. Now if the track you race on is bumpy or has loose grip, you will not find the Carbon Rims an advantage. Actually they will be a disadvantage in these conditions. Possibly GQ Carbon Soft Rims or GQ Pro Plastic Soft rims will give you better performance and better lap times under these conditions.

So when should you use Carbon Rims instead of Pro Hard Plastic Rims? My first answer is if you want cool black rims on your car rather than white rims!!! I run a white/Black/GQ Pink colored body and these black Carbon Dish Rims are awesome looking with this body!! But more to the point I would say if the track is smooth and has good to excellent traction the Carbon Dish rims are excellent. To the other side, if you like the feel of the slight flex a plastic rim has, then the GQ Pro Hard Rims should be your choice. Many cars are set to have some body flex for a desired turning ability. Tires should work with the car not against the car.

One of the world class drivers at the recent World Championships was asked by Barry Baker if he was using the Carbon Fiber rims. He said no they went back to the plastic rims because the carbon rims created a push in his car. This is what I said above. You must have good to excellent traction track for the Carbon Rims to be an advantage to you. Also you car and car setup should be matched with tires that will work with the car. GQ is also combining their "Soft Rim" technology with the Carbon Dish Rims. So tracks with good traction that are bumpy, GQ Carbon Black Dish Soft Rims could be used to the racers advantage over "all" other tire brands.

BTW: Reading a couple of other tire threads I noted a couple of errors. One company claimed they make (they don't make anything by the way, they purchase from someone) the hardest rims in the world. BUZZZZZZ WRONG! I will match GQ Rims against any rim in the world. The second thing someone claims they were faster with a carbon rim. Don't purchase Carbon Rims and think you will be automatically faster. Don't listen to the average racer making claims that are false. Based on track conditions, temperatures, the quality of the plastic rims of the brand you are using to make the comparison, yeah maybe the Carbon rim will make you a bit faster. But if you use the carbon rim on a bumpy low grip track you will not be faster. Even with good to excellent traction on a smooth surface you may not be faster if your car and setup responds better to a plastic wheel that will give a slight flex at the right time. Know your car, your setup, and your track, and then make the right choice for you! GQ Racing Tires has all the choices. No other company in the world has more choices (all shores plus Hard and Soft Rims) for you than GQ Racing Tires. GQ gives you that little extra tuning ability to make you and your car perform better. And that is a fact!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #112
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi to All !

I just want to express my experience with GQ's tire's. In the year 2007 was the first time I use GQ tire's when the ring was orange. The first time that I use my car felt much better than how the car felt with the Jaco. The car feels more stable,traction and cornering speeds.
I had to stop using the tires that the track and store that sold them closed doors, and the only thing was available in other hobby shop was Jaco. I get upset with myself because I not look the way to search for get GQ tire's at other hobby shop.. But now I can't wait to be at the track to try the new GQ tire's and feel the same and better experience !
Sponsored by.RC America-Xray-Hudy- Hot Race Tyres- GQ Racing Tires- Sweep Racing tires- Fantom racing- SpeedMerchant- Boca Bearings- TQ Wires- Maxy's Pro Racing Fuel - Maxy's Modified Engine-Larcher Paintworks- Brooklyn Hobby.
Pedro_Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:36 AM   #113
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I know the NY boys raced last week..What was the tire choice for Chaplin?
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #114
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
I know the NY boys raced last week..What was the tire choice for Chaplin?
The track is still coming in, used 35 37 hard rims all around. I know when the traction is back to usual I'll end up using 37 40...
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #115
Tech Master

The black soft wheel is nice, better overall traction than the white rim with the same compound i used. The soft wheel is having thinner rim thickness.
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

You guys are soooo lucky!!!

RAIN RAIN RAIN every weekend out here in Ohio, and the one sunday it doesn't rain, it's mothers day!!!!!!!

Got my NT1 mounted with my 35F 37R GQ's all ready to go to Toledo next sunday....come on Mr. Sun!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #117
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
You guys are soooo lucky!!!

RAIN RAIN RAIN every weekend out here in Ohio, and the one sunday it doesn't rain, it's mothers day!!!!!!!

Got my NT1 mounted with my 35F 37R GQ's all ready to go to Toledo next sunday....come on Mr. Sun!
I second that, it's been almost a month since we raced here and the weather hasen't been friendly either.
VA_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_Racer View Post
I second that, it's been almost a month since we raced here and the weather hasen't been friendly either.
not trying to show you up or anything but i haven't raced since Sept 2010
Old 05-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #119
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
not trying to show you up or anything but i haven't raced since Sept 2010
Yeah that does bite.
VA_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:51 AM   #120
Tech Rookie

hi i just crashewd my first nitro car and all 4 rims cracked is there anything i can do to fix it or can i keep driving with them
lachlan 12345 is offline   Reply With Quote