R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer322 View Post
Down here in South Fla. we have 4 track like that all withen 3 hrs. And the one that there running the 1/8 Worlds is only 45 mins away. The only problem is there not running races much.
I was thinking this also. THat track is nice but there's a few good tracks in the US, just not close to you guys.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #77
Tech Fanatic

The shipment with the new 32 shore tires is now expected to arrive next week.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Wich is the best price you can get in USA for GQ tires ?

thanks,

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:17 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
The shipment with the new 32 shore tires is now expected to arrive next week.
where are you racing nitro in the winter? I want to burn some fuel.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #80
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Wich is the best price you can get in USA for GQ tires ?

thanks,
http://competition-rc.com/catalog/ad...ds=GQ+&x=0&y=0
http://www.teammarketingamerica.com/...0th_tires.html
Not sure if Competition RC has the newer style White rims, but I know TMA definitely has everything.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
Old 12-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #81
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
where are you racing nitro in the winter? I want to burn some fuel.
Florida's the hot spot right now, Winternat's is a big possibility this time around. I'm trying to do some more electric as well so I can stay busy... Keeps me from getting those rc withdrawals
Old 12-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #82
Tech Elite

Quote:
Florida's the hot spot right now, Winternat's is a big possibility this time around. I'm trying to do some more electric as well so I can stay busy... Keeps me from getting those rc withdrawals
Too much work going on to travel to florida and local carpet track shutdown. Can't wait for Nitro season to start again.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #83
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
Too much work going on to travel to florida and local carpet track shutdown. Can't wait for Nitro season to start again.
I Can't wait for Nitro season either
Old 12-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #84
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
I Can't wait for Nitro season either
I second that!
VA_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #85
Tech Fanatic

New 32 shore tires are now in stock mounted on the light weight "A" rims, expect the website to be updated soon...
Old 12-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #86
abi
Tech Adept

Quote:
New 32 shore tires are now in stock mounted on the light weight "A" rims, expect the website to be updated soon...
Hi, will the 32 fronts be available in the 'AS' rim for cold low grip surfaces or only in the 'A' hard rims?

Keen to try the 32 fronts with the soft rim.

Cheers

Adrian
Old 12-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #87
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi View Post
Hi, will the 32 fronts be available in the 'AS' rim for cold low grip surfaces or only in the 'A' hard rims?

Keen to try the 32 fronts with the soft rim.

Cheers

Adrian
the 32s will come with the "AS" rim on the next order. I run on low bite all the time and I have to tell you having "A" in the front and "AS" in the rear made my car feel really good on poor traction. It's a combo thats worth a try, and it's usually how I run my car.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #88
abi
Tech Adept

Quote:
the 32s will come with the "AS" rim on the next order. I run on low bite all the time and I have to tell you having "A" in the front and "AS" in the rear made my car feel really good on poor traction. It's a combo thats worth a try, and it's usually how I run my car.
Thanks D-nicest, will place an order when I see the web site updated.

Cheers

Adrian
Old 12-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #89
Tech Regular

As Diatta mentioned we have the 32 shore in the "A" rims and will have them in the "AS" rims as soon as possible. Unfortunately with Christmas and then the Chinese New Year I am not sure how it will affect my order delivery. But I appreciate all the feedback.

Just to let you know that GQ Racing Tires will be one of the sponsors for the KO Propo Race in late February at the G.L.A.R.C. club track in California. 6 rounds of qualifying and a lot of good guys to race with will make this a fun weekend.

Interesting here, racers use 42 and 45 shore tires at this track. I used 40 shore rears and 37 shore fronts on my 1/8th scale car. My wear was very good for this high wear track. Guys using the cheaper tires experienced high wear even with high shores. Just shows the different in having rubber in the tires versus silicone.

Have a very Happy and Merry Christmas to all. Hope this is a fun, safe and loving season for all racers.
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #90
Tech Regular

GQ Racing Tires have announced the upcoming production of "Soft Rim" tires for 1:8th Scale. The addition of the high tech Soft Rims gives GQ Racing Tires high performance tires on any racing surface and in any type of weather from hot to cold.

"Soft Rim" GQ tires are designed with the outer edge of the plastic rim to be stiff like their Pro Rims. This makes the tires very fast entering and in the middle of high speed turns. From the stiff outer edge to the inner edge the plastic rims becomes softer. In order to manufacture a rim like this takes high tech costly machinery that GQ Tires uses in their manufacturing. The softer rim gives higher performance in traction on bumpy tracks, tight turns, smaller technical tracks, low grip tracks, and when running in cold weather.

"Pro Rim" GQ Tires are excellent on high grip tracks, fast and smooth tracks and when racing in warmer weather. These two rims matched with GQ's own high traction foam rubber tires give racers a tire line that can be used on any surface any place in the world.

When racers find that some tires work better or worse on different tracks the reason almost all the time is the tire compound and/or the rim. If we say the donut is of high quality as found on GQ tires but the traction performance is low on a certain track the answer will be the rim. GQ Pro Rims rims are as stiff as any rim found in the RC market including the carbon rims. However GQ has found that this is not always the answer for excellent performance. Traction gain is determined by the suspension of the car and most importantly the rim of the tire. The new GQ Soft Rim will enhance performance in 1:8th scale racing.

GQ America will have these Soft Rim Tires in all shores like we presently stock in our Pro Rims from 32 shore Fronts and Rears to 42 shore Fronts and Rears. In early March our first order of Soft Rims will be received. As mentioned we have all the Pro Rims tires in stock now. We are also looking to include 30 shore fronts in both the Pro Rims and Soft Rims on the same order.

Please visit our website http://www,GQamerica.com for more information and purchases. Questions regarding GQ tires, sponsorship, or promotion please email us at the email address below.

Happy New Year and good racing in 2011 to all!
Attached Thumbnails
GQ Racing Tires-gq-tires-ad-1-8th-740-x-289-.jpg  
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote