Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Picco .12 and .15 info??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Trinity Picco .12 and .15 info??

Is any one out there have and spec for this motor?? I'm getting a picco side round exhaust...and like to know...it's info and spec.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2002, 01:28 PM
che
Tech Regular

Kim,

Try here: http://www.teampicco.com

Che
Old 04-03-2002, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

been there! they didn't say much about the motor... Hmm..... any one else??

I just bought one for my Tamiya TG10R ....just like Nitro TC3 need to know what kind of power it will give me.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2002, 02:47 AM
Tech Addict

Unhappy Need help with a Picco .15 pipe slection?

I won't be racing. I am looking for something with mid to top end range pipe for my side exhaust NTC3. I want something to help me go fast. I was thinking about a Nova .15 outlaw pipe for my Picco .15. Can anyone tell me if it will run good with a Picco engine? I can't seem to get much help anywhere.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Need help with a Picco .15 pipe slection?

Nightbreed

As long as you get a pipe that designed for your size engine, it will work fine. They call them "tuned pipes" because they are tuned for a specific engine size. If you have a .15 engine, you should get the best performance from a .15 pipe. An outlaw pipe has a larger interior diameter stinger than a ROAR/EFRA legal pipe, so you will get better performance from the increased exhaust flow. They are also noisier. Just make sure you pick a pipe that suits your application. Your LHS should be able to help you with that. Some pipes increase lowend torque while sacraficing top end speed. This may be what you want in offroad applictions or on tight tracks. Some pipes give up some low end torque for more top end. Not good for offroad, but great for those long straightaways. I would talk to your LHS before buying one since most "race" pipes are fairly expensive.
Old 04-05-2002, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

Default Thanks Psycho

but my only problem is that my local hobby store guy really does not know much about gas, since he hates nitro stuff. I don't want to race. I think the Nova .15 outlaw pipe is for more top end and that is what I am looking for, but I am not sure if it will fit into my NTC3 side exhaust. It seems to be a long pipe and I emailed A.E. twice, with no response from them.
Old 04-05-2002, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

Nightbreed
Psyco said it the best when he said get a recomendation. I do not run .15's ...yet But get the locals that do run a nova pipe. Get the pipe for a .15 as psyco said. They have the proper backpressure for the engine and will run much better. Look on this site for Buster Bennet, he owns a LHS in DC and can help you.
Old 04-05-2002, 03:20 AM
Tech Addict

Default now I am really confused.

I went to the Picco web site and noticed are are manny Picco .15 models.

There are:

Onroad

P15 JSP
P15KS-R

Other .15

P15RR-P
P15RR
P15PS-P

I ordered my Picco from Tower and they don't tell you what model it is. I want an on road engine. Now, I am really frustrated

How can I tell if the models are new or old, every web site pic is old. Where can I get a on road P15 KS-R with the black heatsink head? Thanks for any help.
Old 04-05-2002, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Default Ha for get the above.

On to some pipes, has anyone tried a Nova 50220 or a outlaw 50221 .15 pipe on their Picco .15. Picco does not give CCs, HP or RPMs on their engine. So I don't know what pipe to go with. Looking to great mid to top end. Any suggestions about pipes? What characteristics does the Picco .15 have? Is it more of a top end engine or low end power? Should I get a pipe to "round out" the engine's characteristics? Thanks.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nightbreed....you have a NTC3. I don't think that .15 OUTLAW pipe will fit at all!! stay with the TC3 pipe. It will give you enough power for any motor!! I think I'm going to do the same with my TAMIYA TG10R. Just use the NTC3 pipe. (I got the picco .15 w/picco side round exhaust)

Also...I don't think NOVA .15 OUTLAW will fit the car any how...I think it's a big block 15....it only fit serpent impact. or any other onroad car not a touring car. Since you said you have the NTC3 and you are not going to race any one any where..soo...why have a headache??

But...you already bought a picco engine so...just stay with it. Make sure what you get is what you want befor you buy it!!

If you have the NTC3 you can either use the PICCO rear exhaust or PICCO w/ picco pipe (Side round exhaust) also if you bought a NTC3 check the model...there are 2 models. One is a non pull start and the other one is a pull start. So..make sure you know which one you get! because if you get a non pullstart and you bought a pullstart motor IT WILL NOT FIT!! also if you got at nonpull start motor....that fit your NTC3 nonpullstart you will need a STARTER BOX!!

so..any how...good luck to you. Here are the link that i found for some car , pipe and engine info. I hope this help.

http://www.nitroreview.com/compare/homeengines.cfm

Good luck.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

I don't even think Picco makes a header that will fit the TG10 or NTC3. That was the biggest problem with the TG10 if you want to run a rear exhaust engine. If you use a Novarossi exhaust gasket on the Picco exhaust port, it makes the header fit a lot better, but you'll probably want to run with 2 springs to ensure the header doesn't pop off during a side impact. That's what I did on my Collari Innotech .12 engine. I run a Mielke 1 piece pipe on it and it works fine.

I'm not that familiar with the various Picco models, but here's a few possible explanations. Big block vs small block. A .12 is a small block and many manufacturers make a slightly larger displacement version which they sell as a .15. As superk said, there is also the big block type which is essentially based on the .21 sized engine with a shorter stroke. These engines are quite a bit larger in the outside dimensions and may not fit. There are also two types of crankshafts. You have the standard crank which has a threaded post that you put the flywheel over, pilot shaft and the rest of the clutch assembly. Most cars come with a clutch that is designed for this type of engine. I think the NTC3 clutch comes with the parts to work with a standard crank. The other type of cranshaft is known as an SG Shaft. This is what the "race" cars clutches are usually designed to use. Rather than bolting on a pilot shaft and then a screw to hold the clutch together, you slide all the clutch parts over the SG shaft and put one screw in the end to hold the thing together. I think the NTC3 clutch can work on SG shaft as well. Then, of course, there is pullstart and non-pullstart. There may also be slide carb and rotary carb versions as well. I think they have side exhaust and rear exhaust versions too. Whew! That's a lot of possibilites. I just stick with rear exhaust/slide carb/sg to keep things simple!
Old 04-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default Picco pipe yes, but...

It seems the Picco pipe is made for a .12 engine and they don't tell you what the power band is for that pipe. Is it lowend, mid, or top? I want something for 4wd with great mid to top end. I was thinking of the topend Nova pipe, but no one can tell me if they will fit. I emailed Nova 3 times and they were no help at all. All they would say it contact someone else. A.E. could only tell me that they don't know of any other pippe that will fit. No company want to tell you anything only to use their pipe. A.E.'s pipe is more of a bottom end pipe and that is not what I want. Someone gave me a great website on engines/ pipe reviews, but few people/customers have responded to the site.
Old 04-05-2002, 05:22 PM
che
Tech Regular

Default Top End Pipe

If you are looking for mid to top end, you should consider the OFNA pipe that is available in the OB4 Nitro kit (and by itself).
It is shorter and has lerger volume, including an oversized exit hole (not ROAR or IFMAR legal). You give up a little on the bottom end, but it is built to make the car go fast (top speed).

Best of all, they are not that expensive at all.

Che
Old 04-06-2002, 12:54 AM
Tech Addict

Default I think I have narrowed it down, but I still need to confirm a few things.

Thanks for the advise so far guys, but I want to spend some money on a pipe, if I don't like the results I'll get a different one later.

I think I may go with a Nova Art. 51603. They say this pipe is a high speed pipe developped for track use. With this exhaust the RPM range and top speed limit increase giving faster speed in the straights.

Now, I just need to know if it will fit into my side exhaust, pull start, NTC3. And also if it will will work with my small block, Picco .15 engine. I wish they made a outlaw in this model.

I need an experts help, can anyone reffer me? The fact that these companies won't help me really burns me. You figure they could at least give you a measurement of the pipe length.

Any die hards hobby employees here that could find out for me?

Last edited by Nightbreed; 04-06-2002 at 12:57 AM.