R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-07-2004, 08:16 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

No problem NitroTec... Good luck in your choice.. Oh, you can always buy the stock MTX3 for the same price as the G4... Maybe someone at the track may have an extra MTX3 that they might be willing to sell at a killer price... Lots of folks buy 2 or 3 of the same car... I guess they have deep pockets... I'm sure you can find a very good deal on the Mugen if you just ask around at your local track... Often times the car is in good condition and come with extra parts.. Just a thought...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:50 AM   #17
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
Trinity drop the car due to this a few other things... I got this from the CEO of Trinity while at the RCX in April 04...

What an sorry a$$ excuse!

Team Magic is fixing the problem right now but Trinity still decides to drop it anyway.

That's Trinity for ya'! Can't count on them fer nuthin'!!
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 05:13 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to momotalo

just for me, i prefer mugen MTX-3 , i don't know why,
i already use g4 for about 3 months, the result it quite good, but i must have some option to run it better that the original, like 4mm chassis, n alum steering rack.
but , if you want to buy g4 EVO or MTX-3 Prospec, you better buy the MTX-3 one, maybe the price more expensive than EVO, but you get more option from the MTX-3 and it more confortable for me.hehehehehhe.
that just my opinion
that depend on you
thank
momotalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 11:38 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy
Default g4 would be a good choice too

the g4 would be a good choice too... i was recently in HK and asked every shop in Kwong Wa what they had to say about this car, and all of them said the G4 is a good car, except that you have to change some parts... so i did mine a facelift!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc01281.jpg (59.9 KB, 158 views)
rbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 11:08 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Get the MTX-3. Its fast right out of the box and you'll have way more support for set-ups and parts availability. Even if you were to get the standard MTX-3, you'll stil be dialed out of the box. Goodluck.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:15 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up head to head

finally ran my G4 last night and it was awesome... the funny thing while on the track was that a friend of mine arrived at the track with an mtx-3, ooooh! showdown!

my G4 has an RB Concept X12T installed while his had a Sirio AAC... well, lets just say both cars did really well on the track he would pass me in this corner and i would pass him on the next... unfortunately my car wont shift to 2nd gear so imagine how it was on the straight! good thing the track wasn't too big so i'd eventually catch up on the 3rd leg after the straight! the G4 was really swooping through the corners! after running, we weighted both cars, the G4 was heavier by over 450 grams... but the mtx-3 costed over 1/3rd the price of the G4... in pesos i got the G4 for 15,800 and they are selling the mtx-3 here for 21,000! guess if you could get parts for the G4 it would be a better choice, but if not, the MTX-3 would be a better call! oh well, thats why we have on-line stores like RC Mart and manilahobbies.com
rbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:54 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Default G4 over the Mugen? (not)

It's hard in most cases to say one car is better then the other and the determining factor should be based on your experience and what you are use to! I don't think the G4 Is even in the same class with the MTX-3 But Mugens are my favorite cars so I just contradicted what I just said!!! Hmmmmm
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 01:40 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

It is still more money, but a main hobbies sells the MTX3 prospec for 445 dollars. The best deal I have found so far.
Old 06-19-2004, 02:20 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

rbboy. what pipe is that on your car? looks nice. also, get the mtx3. I got a kit off ebay for 325 shipped. well worth it. way better car than my ntc3 i sold.
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:05 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by GrandeGixxer
rbboy. what pipe is that on your car? looks nice. also, get the mtx3. I got a kit off ebay for 325 shipped. well worth it. way better car than my ntc3 i sold.
its a H.A.R.D. shark pipe with an RB manifold... the prospec definitely is the car to have right now right? i mean i like it more than the s710 but if you are a cheapskate like me hehehe the G4 would be a cheaper call with almost the same handling and peformance like the prospec

hey someone should make a new thread and compare the FW-05 and the NTC3 hah