R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Aerixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gresham Or
Posts: 161
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default What car is this

Got this in a deal and have no clue what it is any help is appreciated




Aerixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
pyromania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Hills, CA
Posts: 1,283
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

You'll have better luck if you post this in the Nitro On-Road section.
__________________
Jesse Carrillo
Team Driver For:
TLR | Horizon Hobby | Nitrotane | Spektrum | HandleITHobbies | 818 Designs
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
j_blaze14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 1,693
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

looks like serpent
__________________
aGama A8 EVO - Werks B2 - Sidewinder
aGama A8E - TrackStar 150a, 2560kv, 3 and 4 cell
FlySky GT3B, Turnigy HV servos, SKY Lipos
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
j_blaze14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Aerixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gresham Or
Posts: 161
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Dam I meant to put this in On road
Aerixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

OFNA OB4
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
FREAKAH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
OFNA OB4

Bingo!
__________________
Second-Hand Racing
RACE WORLD HAWAII
Losi Type-R |Tamiya F104 PRO | Tamiya F103 | Mugen MTX-4R | AE FT GT2
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
SteveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 919
Default

Otherwise known as a complete rip-off of the HPI Nitro RS4.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #8
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Otherwise known as a complete rip-off of the HPI Nitro RS4.
Not really. Sure there are some similarities but in my opinion, the OB4 was a much better car.

For instance, the OB4 was a pivot ball car. Much more adjustable than an RS4.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic
 
SteveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 919
Default

OK, you got me... rip-off of the NitroRS4 with Pivot ball suspension.

I'm not sure I would have copied a 3-belt HPI car that's essentially a RTR for a race car, but they no longer sell it, so I guess it's a moot point.

Well, OK, If it were REALLY me, I wouldn't copy another car, but if I were inclined to do so...
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
OK, you got me... rip-off of the NitroRS4 with Pivot ball suspension.

I'm not sure I would have copied a 3-belt HPI car that's essentially a RTR for a race car, but they no longer sell it, so I guess it's a moot point.

Well, OK, If it were REALLY me, I wouldn't copy another car, but if I were inclined to do so...
At the time, all the cars were basically the same. Even the MTX2 had the same belt lay-out. Serpent was the first to go with the long, left side center belt with the Impulse, unless the Neo car beat it to the market. Not sure, they were close.

The crazy thing back then was that while the Serpent was the only really pure bread, modern RACE car, the thing was so heavy that the cheaper, more toy like (but much lighter) cars like the OFNA and Neo could run with it.

I remember crushing all the Serpent guys with my cheap POS Neo. They were all convinced that I was winning because the Neo was so light, so when the OB4 came out, they switched. Just to bug them (and because the Neo was getting hard to find parts for) I switched to the Serpent and still killed them. Drove them nuts.

My point being that in its day, the OB4 was actually a very good car. Yeah it's antiquated junk now but when it came out, there wasn't much better to be had.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
Geezatec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
OK, you got me... rip-off of the NitroRS4 with Pivot ball suspension.

I'm not sure I would have copied a 3-belt HPI car that's essentially a RTR for a race car, but they no longer sell it, so I guess it's a moot point.

Well, OK, If it were REALLY me, I wouldn't copy another car, but if I were inclined to do so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
At the time, all the cars were basically the same. Even the MTX2 had the same belt lay-out. Serpent was the first to go with the long, left side center belt with the Impulse, unless the Neo car beat it to the market. Not sure, they were close.

The crazy thing back then was that while the Serpent was the only really pure bread, modern RACE car, the thing was so heavy that the cheaper, more toy like (but much lighter) cars like the OFNA and Neo could run with it.

I remember crushing all the Serpent guys with my cheap POS Neo. They were all convinced that I was winning because the Neo was so light, so when the OB4 came out, they switched. Just to bug them (and because the Neo was getting hard to find parts for) I switched to the Serpent and still killed them. Drove them nuts.

My point being that in its day, the OB4 was actually a very good car. Yeah it's antiquated junk now but when it came out, there wasn't much better to be had.
SteveP gunna have to agree with ya, Copy of the RS4. But 2-speed gears are the trick of it The 2 colors.. It may be a CEN product, or a good China Counterfeit.

Wingracer, Its definity not a Serpent. Impulse was a downsized scale of the Vector, 235mm-10th Impact. Serpent was always left side 4WD belt drive.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 481
Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default Nitro OB4

I still have two of these in my collection and another un-built one. They had quite a few options. Ball diff's, front one way's and left side belt conversions. Full aluminum parts were also available, arms and gearbox halves. Let me know if you need any specific parts to get it running, I'm sure I would have it. I'm currently even running an electric version of this chassis in my cirtix spec class.
esymr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #13
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezatec View Post
SteveP gunna have to agree with ya, Copy of the RS4. But 2-speed gears are the trick of it The 2 colors.. It may be a CEN product, or a good China Counterfeit.

Wingracer, Its definity not a Serpent. Impulse was a downsized scale of the Vector, 235mm-10th Impact. Serpent was always left side 4WD belt drive.
I'm not the one who said it was a Serpent. And it's not a CEN either. As I said, it's an OFNA OB4.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #14
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esymr2 View Post
I still have two of these in my collection and another un-built one. They had quite a few options. Ball diff's, front one way's and left side belt conversions.
I have never seen one with a left side belt conversion. Do you have one? I'd love to see a pic of it.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #15
Tech Master
 
Geezatec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I'm not the one who said it was a Serpent. And it's not a CEN either. As I said, it's an OFNA OB4.
Purple parts HPI. 2sp gears Ofna. Brake lingage HPI. More of a frankenstein car. Just pick one!!
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What car is this? Razor_Racer Nitro On-Road 10 10-21-2008 06:46 PM
Guy need help... What car is this? What motor is this? Mpowerz Nitro On-Road 13 01-22-2008 07:31 PM
what car is this,and what caris word champ what TZona Electric On-Road 6 09-03-2006 07:08 PM
What Car is This tc3stocker Electric On-Road 12 01-15-2006 04:45 PM
What car is this??? SeattleRCer Electric On-Road 12 08-18-2005 12:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:56 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net