R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-04-2004, 08:28 AM   #61
Tech Master

Default dont just BRAG...

Quote:
Originally posted by soc123_au
A picture speaks a thousand words. The amount of BS posts about Turbo this & Nitrous that & my car does 100mph are all over the place. I am not saying you are full of sh$t, & I am very interested in your ideas but I think that before making public a project of this magnitude you would be best served having evidence to back it up. Again not having a go at you but this is a very old debate & no one has ever fronted with the goods.

hellloooowwwwwww.....

WHAT IS RCTECH.net are for?

u ask that question to yourself....

and u give answer to yourself...

if u cant....

I can give u the answer.

rctech.net is for dicussion.

if 1BADTRANSAM put his project here... means he is willing to share his findings... and i respect him due to his ability to find TIME and MONEY to spend just to find new things and let you all know about it. He open up this thread to GAIN MORE inputs... (be it a +ve or -ve inputs)....

so from there... he knows where he is going...

instead of 'bragging' with your ALL-OVER-THE-PLACE fast car.... you dont even comment on his or other post. If you said you have already DONE with TURBO before and still in it.... why not use your 'deep' knowledge and share them here....

i myself dont have any knowledge about ANYTHING.... that is why i went into rctech.net EVERYDAY just to DIG infos.... from ALL OF YOU GUYS...

mop
mop_iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:29 AM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So that's a confirmed? half gallon (1.89L) of fuel through the engine with the turbo running then?, I just feel that needs to be made "real" clear, as while you did talk fuels, and run time etc about this engine, you never got real specific about the "actual" run time "with" the turbo until just now.

Lets break this down then shall we, 1.89L of fuel flowed, with (according to you) 4 rods broken?, so that's 1 engine failure for every .472cc's of fuel, or in other words 6 tanks of gas on average before it goes bang.
Or according to your other figures, maybe 30 mins of actual engine life?
Wow, that kind of sucks...

You know I'm still managing to be quite nice considering that your demeanour just becomes worse and worse, much more of this and I may actually get offended...

So where are the pics then?, I'm kind of surprised really, I only half expected you to post something, but then either way I'm a little disappointed that your even avoiding the subject?
Such an easy way to get me to go away, yet still no pics?
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:46 AM   #63
Tech Elite

Actually, I should just add that I'm "not" saying 1BadTransam is full of anything, and I'm not calling him an outright liar either, I am however genuinely curious about an engineering concept/project that I know to be flawed.

Now perhaps you think otherwise, wether that be you think it can be done, or not, but really this "is" a technical forum of debate or discussion, and he posted about this project knowing full well that some people may have radically different opinions about what he has done.
So really why are so many people (including 1bad) getting so personal and upset about what amounts to general opinions on what is a highly debatable tech subject?

Personal insults aside, I'm still curious to see the actual outcome, be that an unlikely success, or dismal failure, but either way, I'd still love to at least just see some proof that it exists.

And please, cut out the personal BS, it's just really cheap, and is quite likely to just get the whole thread removed if it carries on, and that helps no one.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:01 AM   #64
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Bishop
And please, cut out the personal BS, it's just really cheap, and is quite likely to just get the whole thread removed if it carries on, and that helps no one.

agreed

and lets get goin.... i mean discussing. i want to read more.

mop
Old 06-04-2004, 09:07 AM   #65
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to 1BadTransam

Quote:
Actually, I should just add that I'm "not" saying 1BadTransam is full of anything, and I'm not calling him an outright liar either, I am however genuinely curious about an engineering concept/project that I know to be flawed.

Now perhaps you think otherwise, wether that be you think it can be done, or not, but really this "is" a technical forum of debate or discussion, and he posted about this project knowing full well that some people may have radically different opinions about what he has done.
So really why are so many people (including 1bad) getting so personal and upset about what amounts to general opinions on what is a highly debatable tech subject?

Personal insults aside, I'm still curious to see the actual outcome, be that an unlikely success, or dismal failure, but either way, I'd still love to at least just see some proof that it exists.

OK, now you want to be nice about the whole deal, i'll see if i can get a couple of shots with it in the car this weekend.
1BadTransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 09:09 AM   #66
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to 1BadTransam

on second thought, i think i'll wait awhile. showing the prototype now is bound to get bashed more than i already am.
1BadTransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:22 PM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Smoke21

No one cares how rough it is we want to see some in car photos
Smoke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:53 PM   #68
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: dont just BRAG...

Quote:
Originally posted by mop_iko
hellloooowwwwwww.....

WHAT IS RCTECH.net are for?

u ask that question to yourself....

and u give answer to yourself...

if u cant....

I can give u the answer.

rctech.net is for dicussion.

if 1BADTRANSAM put his project here... means he is willing to share his findings... and i respect him due to his ability to find TIME and MONEY to spend just to find new things and let you all know about it. He open up this thread to GAIN MORE inputs... (be it a +ve or -ve inputs)....

so from there... he knows where he is going...

instead of 'bragging' with your ALL-OVER-THE-PLACE fast car.... you dont even comment on his or other post. If you said you have already DONE with TURBO before and still in it.... why not use your 'deep' knowledge and share them here....

i myself dont have any knowledge about ANYTHING.... that is why i went into rctech.net EVERYDAY just to DIG infos.... from ALL OF YOU GUYS... mop

WTF??? I think you misunderstod my post, I never claimed to have tested these things nor did I claim that I have a car that will pull 100mph. What I am saying is that due to the nature of these type of message forums people will flame you if you make statements regarding "I have made this or that work" without pictures. Do a search on any subject regarding Turbos, nitrous etc & you will see what I mean. I wish everyone well in anything thay want to make & power to you if you make it work. I would be the first to take my hat off to you if I were to see results. I guess many years of listening to people brag about the things they have made & never seeing an efficient working example of their product has made me sceptical. I must admit I do enjoy reading the discussion, but its not hard to take a picture to gain some credibility. Do a search on the old "engine wars" thread & Topgun 777 backed up all his ideas with pictures. He now has almost a cult following.

soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:13 PM   #69
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BadTransam
on second thought, i think i'll wait awhile. showing the prototype now is bound to get bashed more than i already am.
Dude pics will bring the bashing to an end. If you make a claim of doing something out of the ordinary post some pics. Eg I had a drag against a 600hp race car at Oran Park raceway & kicked its ass over 300 metres. click the link to see the pics. See its not that hard. If you can build a turbo surely you can grasp this concept.

http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/s...r=2271&thumb=1
Old 06-04-2004, 07:20 PM   #70
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: dont just BRAG...

Quote:
WTF??? I think you misunderstod my post, I never claimed to have tested these things nor did I claim that I have a car that will pull 100mph.

ooops.... OK sorry!

because you did say this...

Quote:
A picture speaks a thousand words. The amount of BS posts about Turbo this & Nitrous that & my car does 100mph are all over the place. I am not saying you are full of sh$t, & I am very interested in your ideas but I think that before making public a project of this magnitude you would be best served having evidence to back it up. Again not having a go at you but this is a very old debate & no one has ever fronted with the goods.
luckily u did correct me... thanks!

mop
Old 06-04-2004, 07:40 PM   #71
Tech Master

No problem Mop, thanks for the apoligy, just read the whole sentence instead of a couple of words. I know these debates can get heated but we all need to relax a little bit.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:12 PM   #72
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to ctardi

Quote:
I have seen a turbocharged 2 stroke, which is why I know in the end your project is futile.
And I'm not being hostile either, just realistic, I know the realities of forced induction on most engines, so I know in the end your project will be a failure for all sorts of reasons.
I'm no guru or expert either, never even claimed to be, but if your looking for reasons to leave, feel free to go regardless of what I do, or do not say.

Engine life on a Nitro two stroke engine already sucks, if you really are pushing one to 55,000 rpm, your reducing the engine life to minutes, and that's always going to be one of the greatest problem with getting any more power out of any Nitro engine.
Your already playing with something that's at the ragged edge of reliability, and you want to make that worse?

With all that you have claimed so far, and to top it off your now saying you ran the car like 6+ months ago?, yet no pics or video to show for it all?
I'm starting to doubt you even have a working model...

Edit: Ok, I'll take back the fuel consumption quote, as he probably just messed it up there, I'm "sure" he meant to say "increase" in fuel consumption, but really, if he wants to cop less flack, he should have just posted real pics to begin with...
You know, it is possible he dont have a digicam. . . .
ctardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:14 AM   #73
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BadTransam
I have an idea. Just Pmed you
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 03:49 AM   #74
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

you all seem to forget it aint legal no where!!
Old 06-05-2004, 06:26 AM   #75
Tech Elite

You know, I'm actually kind of suprised no one has posted a link to this yet...
http://www.rbinnovations.com
I stumbled across it some time ago, I thought it was rather good for a quick laugh...