R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-03-2004, 10:30 AM   #46
Tech Initiate

Very well put and said. I agree and await for the weeks to come with this. You wouldn't happen to manufacture real turbochargers for my JZA80 would you? Need a single turbo one. J/K but I am going to start a project soon (not a real mechanic) Best wishes my turbocharger friend.

Buddy
Buddy_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:34 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
you guys keep talking about loss of backpressure, there is none, remember the "bad" thing about a turbo on a 4-stroke is adding an exhaust restriction, well on a 2 stroke it works to the turbochargers advantage.
That's not quite the way it works, you should know that if your playing with turbos.
Pre Turbo back pressure is created only when the turbo is boosting, and is directly proportional to the amount of boost being created, at or off idle or with low boost, there is very little true backpressure being created, and probably far less than what a tuned pipe provides, which also has the advantage of reverse pressure waves from it's design.

Your also now saying that the engine is no good on a track, that it can't use a two speed, and is only good for high speed runs, yet by your own words, that is when it breaks the motor?
If it's no good in any of those situations, what good is it?

I also don't get why you don't just post a pic, if it exists, what's the problem with posting a picture to prove it?
I would have a lot less issues with your whole sales pitch if you could at least prove it's real (here and now), and not just some dream of yours.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:53 PM   #48
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to 1BadTransam

i'll post a pic when i am good and ready. didnt say it wasnt good on track, just a handfull to control. go ahead and pick me apart, cause i dont give a $hit what you benchtop racers think.

i also didnt say it couldnt use a 2 speed, but its faster topend, and accelerating, locked in 2nd gear. The true test will come when i get a halfway decent motor hooked up. this motor has had 1 fuel bottle short of 5 gallons through it, on one crankshaft, and one set of bearings. i doubt you have even ran that much fuel in all of your cars.

you are saying in effect the car will not idle with no pipe, which is BS. also so what if it is inefficent at less than 8000 rpm, the minute i set my car down on a track or in a parking lot, it never sees less than 12 grand.

i have been here and done this. twisting my words around and using them out of context just makes you look like more of an a-hole, so just f-off.
1BadTransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:14 PM   #49
Tech Elite

So first you were saying it had blow apart X amount of rods etc, now your saying it's held together for plenty of gallons?, or is it just blowing rods?, in which case, the main question still stands, what good is it if you can't even keep the engine just a little bit reliable?
Earlier you said it had run so many gallons etc with the turbo sometimes on but also mostly off?, so now has it always been on?
Which is it?, your getting confusing.

Hey if you want, I'll leave you to keep blowing up engines in peace, if you just do one thing, put up or shut up (as they say), show me a pic, and I'll go play elsewhere.
I'm just starting to get curious as to wether this thing really even exists now, and your reaction to requests for a picture are not encouraging.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:37 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Smoke21

from my understanding, a two-stroke engine produces more power than a four-stroke of the same displacement. So I would imagine if this doesn't work out and blows 2's conrods too easy you could bolt this to a four-stroker and make them more competitive thus more popular, it would last longer than a 2-stroke thanks to a dedicated oil system, so if a 4-stroke with a turbo could produce as much power as a 2-stroke I and alot of other people would buy the four strokes. my 2 cents
Smoke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:41 PM   #51
Tech Initiate

can you read? most likely not well enough to understand. because what i said in a previous post was " 4 gallons were ran when it was in my GT" which never had boost. the motor has some wear even when it is being run N/A. The last gallon was ran some on, some off for testing. get it through that pea brain of yours a-hole, the motor WAS OLD WHEN I STARTED WITH IT.

i thought maybe in the beginning you were just asking a question, but i had a feeling you were a S starting moron.

I have answered all of your questions, so now all you can do is reply by twisting around what i have said and trying to make yourself look smart.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:56 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Q

Last edited by nitrodude; 06-06-2004 at 09:02 AM.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:04 PM   #53
Tech Apprentice

I guess I'll check back in on this thread when we get somewhere....have fun
Mister_Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:05 PM   #54
Tech Elite

So the realities are, that you have done very little actual testing with the turbo hooked up, and when you have, it keeps breaking?
I'm just trying to make sense of a lot of talk from you on testing at multiple venues, with unknown quantities of fuel, over what seems to be a 9+ month period of time, where it seems all you did was break the engine every time you ran it?

Still waiting on those pics though...
Old 06-04-2004, 05:42 AM   #55
Tech Regular

Bishop, do you have to work hard to be an a$$hole or is it simply a gift?
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:29 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by KMac
Bishop, do you have to work hard to be an a$$hole or is it simply a gift?
But then I'm not the one resorting to personal insults, how about you?
Old 06-04-2004, 07:06 AM   #57
Tech Initiate

just for the record, i never said anything to smoke21...

bishop is not picking holes in anything, he is just turning my words around and using part of what i said to make himself seem like he knows something, which isnt the case. i guess 1/2 gallon of testing time is not enough for him, yet he says that the time it has taken is too long?!? Sorry bishop, i know that 9th grade schedule is tough for you, but i work 12 hours a day 6 days a week, and i only get to see this project 10 hours out of a week. Then again, you arent the boss of me, i shouldnt have to answer to you.

he is just a Troll that posted on here for one reason, to tick me off.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bishop
, with unknown quantities of fuel,
just proves this theory, i have said how much fuel i have ran 3 times now, and he is still trying to make me look like i havent answered a question. Get a life dood, i have better stuff to do than post on here to someone with the I.Q. of a doorknob.

AMGracer and all the other guys with questions, i respect them because they ask a question. you on the other hand, repeat stuff that i say and use my words all out of context just to make you futile existance here seem like it makes a difference.

maybe it is because you need to hear something mutiple times for it to sink in? lets see...

Bishop, if you dont like it, get the F off of my thread.

got it?
Old 06-04-2004, 07:52 AM   #58
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BadTransam

got it?
1BADTRANSAM....

remember this.... THERE ALWAYS WILL BE ONE THREAD HIJACKER around.... just ignore them....

i think they just want to have fun and sometimes they will create excitement to your thread.... i have seen a lot....

they just express what they think.... but sometimes... they dont have enough base in what they said... sometimes what they say will open our eyes.... so let us be open to this kind of thing... always think positive.

mop
mop_iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:58 AM   #59
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A picture speaks a thousand words. The amount of BS posts about Turbo this & Nitrous that & my car does 100mph are all over the place. I am not saying you are full of sh$t, & I am very interested in your ideas but I think that before making public a project of this magnitude you would be best served having evidence to back it up. Again not having a go at you but this is a very old debate & no one has ever fronted with the goods.
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:24 AM   #60
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by soc123_au
A picture speaks a thousand words. The amount of BS posts about Turbo this & Nitrous that & my car does 100mph are all over the place. I am not saying you are full of sh$t, & I am very interested in your ideas but I think that before making public a project of this magnitude you would be best served having evidence to back it up. Again not having a go at you but this is a very old debate & no one has ever fronted with the goods.

fair enough, thats exactly right, you not saying i am full of Sh!t or calling me a liar, so it doesn't bother me... I think i will leave it on that note. see ya