Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Just back from the Novarossi race in Porter Texas, and the Sweep tires were hooked up. Hand a few guys ask what I was running ..... they made a change ..... then went looking for more tires.

I ran 45's in the qualifiers and 50's in the main and both worked well. The 40's were a little soft for the high 80's with humidity on saturday. Practice on Friday when cooler, they worked well. the guys from IGT Hobbies at the race ran out pretty quickly. Chad and Tony were running 50's with Chad taking 2nd when Tony had issues.

So, Nice Job Guys.

EXP slicks, full white inserts and ROK rims (white for me please)
Old 04-28-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Ran new Sweeps 45's also and liked them also at Nova Challenge. Put me in the A-main. I like white rims also.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Just back from the Novarossi race in Porter Texas, and the Sweep tires were hooked up. Hand a few guys ask what I was running ..... they made a change ..... then went looking for more tires.

I ran 45's in the qualifiers and 50's in the main and both worked well. The 40's were a little soft for the high 80's with humidity on saturday. Practice on Friday when cooler, they worked well. the guys from IGT Hobbies at the race ran out pretty quickly. Chad and Tony were running 50's with Chad taking 2nd when Tony had issues.

So, Nice Job Guys.

Mark I ran the same set of 45s for practice, qualifying and the Main(30mins) actually 22min cause of my broken out drive.

They still look good enough for practice and maybe one qualifier, I drive hard.

I stepped away from Sweep for awhile when I felt the combination of rims, inserts, tires, etc got out of control. When I say this I mean there was no real way of telling what your were getting. (in my opinion)

But I have to say, I was impressed with this new wheel and batch of EXP tires. Normally Alphas are at least a second to second 1/2 faster. But this was not the case this weekend. My car on rails and felt completely under control and predictable while driving with Sweep 45s. I have no clue what inserts they have as I didn't order them myself. Chad at IGTHOBBIES.COM supplied them to me.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

I am very glad the necessary changes are producing positive results!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

White foam with ROK rims and 40-45. Oh yes I did.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I want to thank John Lee and Sweep racing for setting up Rose City Scale Racing and Timezone Raceway Park with a killer 50EXP on ROK wheels for our 3 hour Enduro The winning team used ONE set of tires that lasted the entire 3 hours, under race conditions, totaling almost 86 miles!!! This again is why we keep our Spec tires with Sweep Racing.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default TQ and podium at the Prairie Land Shootout 2014!

Sweep tires TQ and podium at the Prairie Land Shootout 2014 over the weekend! Additionally I would like to congratulate Mike Lyday for joining the Sweep Racing team!!!

Old 06-03-2014, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Manufacturers Challange Port Jervis NY

Tire report,

Sweep tires were hooked up all weekend.
Weather on Saturday was mid 70's but seemed cool so Sweep 40 exp was the tire of choice for qualifying.
Sunday it was much warmer so for the 45 minute main Sweep 45 exp's were the shoes we chose to put on our Xray GT8 hotrod

When the race was over Aja was able to claim TQ and 1st place so the weekend was not only fun but had great results. In fact all 3 podium drivers were on Sweeps and 1st and 2nd were running Clockwork racing engines

Big Thanks to all our Sponsors that help make racing FUN with quality products

Here is a link to the GT8 Amain courtesy Tom Baffer Bruckner hobbies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfLvDmJ-QeU

Last edited by *1speedy; 06-03-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Tire report,

Sweep tires were hooked up all weekend.
Weather on Saturday was mid 70's but seemed cool so Sweep 40 exp was the tire of choice for qualifying.
Sunday it was much warmer so for the 45 minute main Sweep 45 exp's were the shoes we chose to put on our Xray GT8 hotrod

When the race was over Aja was able to claim TQ and 1st place so the weekend was not only fun but had great results. In fact all 3 podium drivers were on Sweeps and 1st and 2nd were running Clockwork racing engines

Big Thanks to all our Sponsors that help make racing FUN with quality products

Here is a link to the GT8 Amain courtesy Tom Baffer Bruckner hobbies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfLvDmJ-QeU

Congratulations guys!!! It is very nice to see hard work through the relentless effort of making this GT class a more competitive sport overall for everyone to enjoy. Well done gentlemen!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
I want to thank John Lee and Sweep racing for setting up Rose City Scale Racing and Timezone Raceway Park with a killer 50EXP on ROK wheels for our 3 hour Enduro The winning team used ONE set of tires that lasted the entire 3 hours, under race conditions, totaling almost 86 miles!!! This again is why we keep our Spec tires with Sweep Racing.
Hello Brian.

Thank you for the props. glad to hear everything worked out good. 3HOurs Racing! nice!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian1
Sweep tires TQ and podium at the Prairie Land Shootout 2014 over the weekend! Additionally I would like to congratulate Mike Lyday for joining the Sweep Racing team!!!
Gentlemen, Nice Job well done! I also heard only 2 of our Team Sweep drivers did 17 laps during the qualifying races. make them TQ and 2 nd Qualifier.

Welcome Mr Lyday. we expect to see lots of feedback and improvement for this class from you.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Grenade10

So, Nice Job Guys.

Mark.

Great job out there! thank you.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Ran new Sweeps 45's also and liked them also at Nova Challenge. Put me in the A-main. I like white rims also.
Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Mark I ran the same set of 45s for practice, qualifying and the Main(30mins) actually 22min cause of my broken out drive.

They still look good enough for practice and maybe one qualifier, I drive hard.

I stepped away from Sweep for awhile when I felt the combination of rims, inserts, tires, etc got out of control. When I say this I mean there was no real way of telling what your were getting. (in my opinion)

But I have to say, I was impressed with this new wheel and batch of EXP tires. Normally Alphas are at least a second to second 1/2 faster. But this was not the case this weekend. My car on rails and felt completely under control and predictable while driving with Sweep 45s. I have no clue what inserts they have as I didn't order them myself. Chad at IGTHOBBIES.COM supplied them to me.
Originally Posted by spooky 1
White foam with ROK rims and 40-45. Oh yes I did.
Thank you for continuing supports! we salute you.!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TQ and win for our season opener. Ran the 40s with full white on ROK. My teamate Ty was a close second on Sweep 45s. I always feel confident running the Sweep tires.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I'll be racing with the new sweeps at Byron's and the California Nova as I did in the Texas Nova race. Not a team sweep driver but sure makes me feel like one driving. Great tire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.