R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 10-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #46
Tech Rookie

Thats what I was running, the EXP series. I have the regular gt tread 45's and they worked great in warmer temps. The track was blown off and coke-cola was sprayed down in the corners, that was the first time we tried the coke, maybe it was to cool for that .
The sun was down after we sprayed the coke maybe that had something to do with it because it did'nt make it better. I ordered a set of EXP 45 slicks and some of your tire sauce. how soon can you run the tires after put on the sauce.

Thanks, Doug
lstdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #47
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstdoug View Post
Thats what I was running, the EXP series. I have the regular gt tread 45's and they worked great in warmer temps. The track was blown off and coke-cola was sprayed down in the corners, that was the first time we tried the coke, maybe it was to cool for that .
The sun was down after we sprayed the coke maybe that had something to do with it because it did'nt make it better. I ordered a set of EXP 45 slicks and some of your tire sauce. how soon can you run the tires after put on the sauce.

Thanks, Doug
Hello Doug.

Thanks for sharing the information with us, we never seen cold soda on the cold surface yet...cold soda on sunset surface may create a coat on the tire surface.

we are coming out with diffrent shores from this week, try to cover wider range.

we will keep working for you

thanks
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Try to leave the sauce on for about 20 minutes and wipe off before running. The colder weather doesn't seem to like soda. We stopped spraying it here. If the track is blown off to clean it, you should be as good without the soda.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #49
Tech Rookie

Thanks spook, I will try this friday nite. I'm going to try the EXP 45 treads again along with the EXP slicks.

Thanks Doug
lstdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #50
Company Representative

small amount of 1st batch all new EXP50 is available at IGT hobbies.

2nd batch is coming in by end of the month.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 10-23-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 10th Annual Paris Memorial Race in Las Vegas

Just got back from the event. The track was sprayed with VHT before the start of qualifiers. The entire weekend air temp was around 50s in the morning and high 70s around early afternoon. For the 1st two qualifiers I tried GT 45 slicks in the front and EXP 50 slicks in the rear. Overall the car had plenty of traction but the front was pushing slightly after couple of minutes on the track. For the 3rd qualifier I switched to EXP 50 slicks all around and I noticed great traction all around and felt my car was coming out of the corner much faster. I was on a new TQ pace until someone had slammed into me, after this round of qualifier I realized what tires I'll need for the A-Main. In an effort of saving my EXP 50 slicks for the A-Main I went ahead and changed tires to GT 45 treaded in the rear and GT 45 slicks in the front for 4th round of qualifier. The car handled great for the first 3 minutes but started to push again. Gus Wood was using the EXP 50 slicks all around for the 4th qualifying round and he was able to set a new TQ (great job Gus). Before the main I switched back to EXP 50 all around. During the A-main many leads were exchanged during the first 10 minutes of the race between myself and Gus Wood(another great Sweep sponsor driver). Unfortunately Gus and I were accidently tangled and the crash caused him to side line(sorry again Gus ). The EXP 50 slicks held up for the entire 20 minutes of the main with no sign of over heat, traction was amazing and the compound was very consistant throughout the entire main. As result, I've took home the 1st place A-Main win at 10th annual Paris Memorial Race of 2010. Great job on the EXP 50s guys. Keep up the good work!!!!!! Here are some photos:

Myself

Team Spooky captain(Gus Wood) and myself

Some of Team Spooky members from the left: Brian, myself, Gus, Russ, and Kurt(he wants me to lose some weight)

My dad Jim with my GT

Top three finishers from left: Russ F.(3rd place), Andy L.(1st place), Mike B.(2nd place)

From the left: Gus Wood(Top Qualifier), Andy Liu(1st place)

Last edited by bassman2; 03-05-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added more information
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

I did as Andy and ran the sweep 45s in the first round for the cooler temps. I then put on the 50 QTS and found they worked even better in the morning cool. For the final qualifier , I put on the EXP 50s and was extremely pleased with the consistent grip throughout. I sat on the pole from that run and had too much fun for the first ten minutes of the main, racing side by side with my Sweep teamate. No other tire there was up to the level the two of us set on the EXPs. Unfortunate contact took me out of the race, but there was no doubt about what tire to run. Thanks to Sweep for the efforts to give us the best racing rubber in the sport.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #53
Company Representative

[quote=bassman2;8130365]Just got back from the event. The track was sprayed with VHT before the start of qualifiers. The entire weekend air temp was around 50s in the morning and high 70s around early afternoon. For the 1st two qualifiers I tried GT 45 slicks in the front and EXP 50 slicks in the rear. Overall the car had plenty of traction but the front was pushing slightly after couple of minutes on the track. For the 3rd qualifier I switched to EXP 50 slicks all around and I noticed great traction all around and felt my car was coming out of the corner much faster. I was on a new TQ pace until someone had slammed into me, after this round of qualifier I realized what tires I'll need for the A-Main. In an effort of saving my EXP 50 slicks for the A-Main I went ahead and changed tires to GT 45 treaded and GT 45 slicks in the front for 4th round of qualifier. The car handled great for the first 3 minutes but started to push again. Gus Wood was using the EXP 50 slicks all around for the 4th qualifying round and he was able to set a new TQ (great job Gus). Before the main I switched back to EXP 50 all around. During the A-main many leads were exchanged during the first 10 minutes of the race between myself and Gus Wood(another great Sweep sponsor driver). Unfortunately Gus and I were accidently tangled and the crash caused him to side line(sorry again Gus ). The EXP 50 slicks held up for the entire 20 minutes of the main with no sign of over heat, traction was amazing and the compound was very consistant throughout the entire main. As result, I've took home the 1st place A-Main win at 10th annual Paris Memorial Race of 2010. Great job on the EXP 50s guys. Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
I did as Andy and ran the sweep 45s in the first round for the cooler temps. I then put on the 50 QTS and found they worked even better in the morning cool. For the final qualifier , I put on the EXP 50s and was extremely pleased with the consistent grip throughout. I sat on the pole from that run and had too much fun for the first ten minutes of the main, racing side by side with my Sweep teamate. No other tire there was up to the level the two of us set on the EXPs. Unfortunate contact took me out of the race, but there was no doubt about what tire to run. Thanks to Sweep for the efforts to give us the best racing rubber in the sport.
Good job guys, the EXP GT50 is ready to ship by end of today. place your order today for this weekend racing!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Just raced this weekend on a track that was blown off and sprayed with soda. I tried a few tires and found that the Sweep treaded 50 was very hooked up. Won all the qualifiers and the main on them. Once again, Sweep proved to be the tire to run. I loaned out a set of the Sweep 50 slicks to the guy that finished second. Good job , Brian.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #55
Tech Master

Is it a safe assumption that the EXP45 are softer than the EXP50s?
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:38 AM   #56
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
Just raced this weekend on a track that was blown off and sprayed with soda. I tried a few tires and found that the Sweep treaded 50 was very hooked up. Won all the qualifiers and the main on them. Once again, Sweep proved to be the tire to run. I loaned out a set of the Sweep 50 slicks to the guy that finished second. Good job , Brian.
Nice Job Gus. was it EXP or GT compounds?
Old 11-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #57
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
Is it a safe assumption that the EXP45 are softer than the EXP50s?
yes, but we are not making any EXP45 at this point cause EXP50 covering very wide range of track temperatures. from very cold days to warm days.

we are going to have a temperature chart very soon.

thanks
Old 11-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #58
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
Nice Job Gus. was it EXP or GT compounds?
Gus was running the GT50 Treaded tires. He loaned me a set of the GT50 Slicks. I was very impressed with them. I had the 45's but the 50's hooked up better.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:37 AM   #59
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM BROOKLYN View Post
just wanted to let everyone know i ran the new exp rubber this sunday and was far superior to anything i have ran before ! the exp rubber is great ! took the win again at floyd bennett field this time with alot more traction . keep up the good work sweep !

Richard Siriano
Brooklyn hobbies
Hey Richey when you gonna bring that thing down to the Diamond and show us how to get around?
Trinity,EPIC,Oddy Racing,IRS,Sweep racing,Brown Engineering,Mugen USA,Team Xray,RC America,R.I.P. motorsports,Tekin,Customworks,Parma PSE,Ashford Hobbies,D&K Hobbies, TQ-wire,Local 69 Woodputters Union,Big Ant get well soon!!Quinn my BFF!
Dee Lee is a nut and I don't condone what he will say next!
Scooby Horton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

These Sweep tires are great! Tried a set for the mains and won. These are my choice for my 1/8th GT from now on.