R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 09-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #406
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just wanted to thank John for sponsoring the race at Floyd Bennett and Blue Diamond. There is a STRONG group of GT8 racers in that area, and John has supported them very well.

I'm down to 2 events for the old DM-1 this season: Lincoln, Nebraska for the final Heart of America race (Sydor is going to miss this one as he plays with some electric stuff in Vegas) but we have a group planning to make the Gulf Coast GP in Houston, Texas in November. Hope to see some of the Sweep Team drivers there .....

Keep the good stuff rolling .........

Mark
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #407
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
Hello Racers

We are happy to inform you, the ROK is available to order at the US web site.
it s scheduled to arrive at our US warehouse on Thursday Aug/30/2012. we should be able to ship as early as Friday.

please be sure to order ROK wheels on GT LS inserts to experience the future of GT racing..

http://www.sweepracingusa.com/18-GT8_c_25.html

Cool cutout... so I recently discovered (unintentionally) how to do something similar when running worn tires on 6S LiPo for too long:

Looks like I'm ready for some LS inserts on my next set, ha!
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #408
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

6s, that's brutal. You better order several sets.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #409
Tech Master

to be fair, those tires were EXP 45's and they had already seen plenty of use from Andy, he loaned them to me to try out during one of the quals so I could see if I could get better traction than the EXP 50's I was running.

Turns out that EXP 50's work better for me with just some suspension and ride height tuning.

I just ordered some un-mounted EXP-50 slicks from here:
https://www.igthobbies.com/SWEEP-RAC...IR_p_1270.html

I really like having the option of selecting my own wheels to mount up... I'm thinking Ken Block style wheels with one black wheel up front, ha!

Last edited by billdelong; 10-17-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #410
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default GT8 Championship at Floyd Bennett Field 2012 A Main in 3 parts

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xKD3w1_0Hw

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX0QM...hannel&list=UL

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Znzh...=ULTX0QMGX2iNE

Enjoy, my fella GT racers!!!!

Andy Liu "Flyin Hawaiian"
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #411
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Soft Pink GTLS Inserts is here!

Much anticipated Pink Soft inserts and the Hot Orange GT8 wheels are here in the State!

This inerts and Wheels with EXP 45deg tires combo Sweep'ed whole A-main race on the debut race, 2012/9/26 Sweep Challenge at Blue Diamond.

then on 10/14/2012 at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, NY. Sweep'em again with TQ-2-3 in qualifying followed by domination in A-main, 1st place.
One thing we noticed is This inserts/Tires combo helped a Sportsman driver to lead the A-main race until he got taken out by lapped traffic. I don't think he did that many 17s laps at FBF with any other tires before. Watch GT Result car #7 here
We can Help you to win!

We are wrapping up a another great GT racing season, we look forward for 2013 season
Attached Thumbnails
Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread-3winsweb_word.jpg  

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 10-23-2012 at 12:41 PM.
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #412
Tech Master

I just tried out the soft pinks at the track yesterday and they hooked up real nice!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #413
Tech Fanatic

I ran the new pink insert on the orange rim at our last mountain states point series race, and took the qualifying record from 23-6:14 to 23-6:09. I also broke the single lap record that was a 16.45 down to 16.23. I am now the series champion and Sweep tires took me to the top . 23 cars ran this series , and nearly all of them were on Sweep tires. This new combination is even better than previous product. My car was very hooked up and stayed consistent even through a long main. Wear pattern was even and excellent. The orange rim didn't go that well with my yellow and white paint, but all is forgiven for the performance. Try them, you'll like it. BTW, they were 50s
Old 10-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #414
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Got my tires for the Gulf Coast GP - New ROK wheels with the soft inserts, amazing what change the insert makes in the feel, compaired to the ROK with medium inserts.

Looking forward to putting these to the track ..... Thanks John
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #415
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The ROAR Region 9 Onroad Championship was held on 27th and 28th of October 2012 at Gulf Coast Raceway (Mikes Hobby Shop) in Porter, TX. The weather was slightly on the cold side with temperature low around 40s and high around 60s.

On the qualifying day racers were trying to find the best setup for their cars. Several racers were struggling with their cars’ rear end not “hooking up” so I spent some time helping anyone who needed assistance as well as provided some base setup tips and troubleshooting for other cars at the pit side. As far as my own car, I was looking for some more steering at mid corner. I made some adjustments throughout the qualifying rounds and tried various tires that would give me the best laptimes and good tire wear overall. As result I TQ’ed at the end of qualifying day with my Serpent Cobra GT as well as my new Sweep EXP 45 ROKs. During the main my engine was slightly too rich thus the car was not consistently shifting to the 2nd gear. Extra pit stops were needed to adjust the engine setting. Finally the car was on its way to victory and got me the 1st place win.
I had a really good time and after talking to other Serpent GT owners the consensus was that Serpent Cobra GT is a very good car in terms of quality, drivability, and durability. I am very proud to be part of the winning Serpent team USA. The new Sweep Racing tires with ROK rims and full inserts are absolutely amazing. Sweep Racing Tires knock this one out of the ball park once again. Thank you Sweep Racing USA for helping me bring home the TQ and the win once again.
I love to make new friends and meeting old ones at all the races that I attend. A big thank you to all my sponsors (Desotoracing, Sweep Racing Tires, RadioPost radio, VP PowerMaster fuel, Max Velocity, and IGT Hobbies) and Mikes Hobby Shop for hosting another fun event for us racers.
Until next time,

Andy Liu “Flyin Hawaiian”

Here is a short warmup video by Darren G.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwr7eoqa3PY

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by bassman2; 10-30-2012 at 11:41 AM.
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #416
Tech Fanatic

Nicely done , Andy. You should have that track dialed by now . Can't wait to hook up with you next spring. Those new Sweeps rock.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #417
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Make A MT Size Wheel!

Sweep Racing - Gotta a question for you guys

What is preventing you guys from making a MT size wheel? Don't change a thing just make the same product larger. A 1/8 MT Slick and Belted (40 Series size or even slightly smaller. Pre-Glued Slicks and Belted - OMG!! They would be things of beauty - I think they would FLY off the shelf. They quality put into your product is superb. If it were possible I would buy the belted tires for my Mini-Copper

Seriously, why doesn't Sweep Racing sell a larger wheel?

Last edited by Re-Hooked; 12-15-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Re-Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #418
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Hooked View Post
Sweep Racing - Gotta a question for you guys

What is preventing you guys from making a MT size wheel? Don't change a thing just make the same product larger. A 1/8 MT Slick and Belted (40 Series size or even slightly smaller. Pre-Glued Slicks and Belted - OMG!! They would be things of beauty - I think they would FLY off the shelf. They quality put into your product is superb. If it were possible I would buy the belted tires for my Mini-Copper

Seriously, why doesn't Sweep Racing sell a larger wheel?
We may do that if we survive the Mayan's Apocalypse.
Merry Christmas
Old 12-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #419
Company Representative

Hello Oval Racers!

We are glad to infrom, Dish wheel option is back with our GT8 tires, the new option is available with our all new V4 Dish wheel in Natural color HARD Wheel.

This all new designed wheel is light yet much stiffer than any avaialbe dish wheels in current market, almost no flex sidewall with full faced inserts will put down maximum traction around corners for your machine.

Available here

Old 12-31-2012, 07:10 AM   #420
Tech Addict

Really liking the new price on these!!! Unfortunately this wont save me money it will just make it easier to order more lol. Love Sweeps!
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote