Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice action shot. Any results from that race?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Our season is coming to a close as well.... we had a great time with the GT's and we are already looking at next season. I would like to thank Sweep for all the support and help with our new class this year... I need a rematch with all the boys from UT and CO next year! .... Thanks for coming up guys.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Here in Texas, our SouthWest Championship is about to end (one more race to go). Then the Winter Series is going to start right after that. RACING ALL YEAR ROUND. OH YEAH !!!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

That's just not fair Andy. We have to move inside and race carpet on-road this winter. Could be worse and have no racing at all. We have the outdoor state champs race coming up on the 30th of this month. We're not done yet.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

our season is almost over as well. Gus, not sure I can make that race, would need to leave on Thursday and our carpet oval 2 day race is the same weekend.......but wait, I still have to get the house painted prior to carpet racing. Maybe I can get a Slurry Drop and then just clean the glass ..... Yes that's it ..........

I just got back from the last Heart of America race and watched Bill Sydor take the series with a perfet 400 points (best 4 out of 6 and 100 points for 1st). I got my car a full second faster for fast lap and added one full lap ...... Bill did the same .......

His car on 50 slicks was as fast as mine on 45 treads (FYI 45 Treads for all but the July race is the ticket for that track) Then he puts on the the 45 treads and he's gone. Nice Job Mr. Bill Sydor!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
Our season is coming to a close as well.... we had a great time with the GT's and we are already looking at next season. I would like to thank Sweep for all the support and help with our new class this year... I need a rematch with all the boys from UT and CO next year! .... Thanks for coming up guys.
Clete, I really want to make the Time Zone GP next year and then surprise the wife with an Alaskan Cruse after. Any chance we can get Mark to pick a date EARLY to help a fellow racer out!!!!! (not early in the season, similar time as last year)
Old 09-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

The timezone race is a must do, Mark. You'll love the track and the hosts are wonderful people. Congrats to Bill on his dominance and good job yourself ,Mark.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Clete, I really want to make the Time Zone GP next year and then surprise the wife with an Alaskan Cruse after. Any chance we can get Mark to pick a date EARLY to help a fellow racer out!!!!! (not early in the season, similar time as last year)
It will fall on the same weekend every year... 19-22 I would think...
Old 09-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Post TimeZone Enduro

Hey guys... We have to have one more big race before we pickel the nitro motors for the year...

3 hour GT Race!
3 man teams...

OK here are some basics...

1) 10 Cars Max, 4 car minimum

2) All cars must meet Local GT rules.. all car owners know what they are... don't be a dick...no extra batts for receivers ... no lipo packs stuffed in the receiver boxes... I would like to see all with standard hump packs...

3) Rain tires may be needed... all compounds of Sweeps are Acceptable
• If it's dry.. you must be on a slick...

4) 3 drivers per team.. Owner, Nitro Shoe and Novice
Below is an idea... Let me know your thoughts.
• Each owner will pick from 2 separate hats to ensure fair and random teams.
• If you don't like one of your drivers... tough shit... you have to work together. I figure I like anyone for 3 hours..

* NitroShoe... Dave, Richard, Mark, Andy, Tom, Jim all the guys that have at least 2years of 1/8 open and 1/10 nitro under their belt.

*.Novice, everyone else that has at least of season of electric under their belt.
Please note that if you would like to get into a GT car .. this is the time and place....this is for fun and to help grow the class.

5) All teams a responsible for pitting and marshaling their own car!

GT OWNERS....This is will be a lot of fun, the cars are pretty tuff and we will remove all steel from the track other than pit lane. And you team members can kick in for wear and tear and motor...up for discussion

Owners, Please chime in and let us know how many teams ASAP

Teams thus far
1 Godson Motorsports
2 Holt Racing
3 SnotRocket Racing, Clete
4 McKune Designs

5 McKee ?
7 Ryan?
8 Scotty ?
9 St Cyr ?

ALL Drivers please let us know your interest level.... interest level may affect team sizes...
Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default GT Racing FBF

Hi John,Ralph wants us to post on his thread if we want to race this weekend.Call him or post.I see you there. Elvin C.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default XRay Challenge at Porter, TX on 15th and 16th of OCT.

I am getting my GT to racing level once again for the XRay Challenge this weekend. I'll try my best to put the hammer down this time with some EXP 45s and 50s. There were three too many unfinished races this year that caused me the top spot for the SouthWest Championship Series. It's time to get down and put down some fast laps

Last edited by bassman2; 10-11-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default My GT1 Pontiac LM body by BYSM

Here is my new ride with brand new set of EXP 50s. This baby is ready for 2011 XRAY Challenge at Porter, TX this weekend.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Andy, the body looks fantastic, who did the painting for you? the skulls on it are very cool, and fit the season as well
Old 10-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by briankstan
Andy, the body looks fantastic, who did the painting for you? the skulls on it are very cool, and fit the season as well
Thank you Brian. The paint job was done by someone here locally. We all call him Mike, The Punisher. He did a wonderful job with the body and yes it does fit the Halloween theme
Old 10-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Default GT's

Hi everyone, Bassman2 that body and paint job is sick.I love it. When you get a chance let me know if it also comes for the GT2 and who I can order one from. Have fun at the race and good luck. Elvin C.
P.S. Am hurting in the east coast our season(outdoor)is completely over after blue diamond this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.