Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spooky 1
I ran the Sweep 55s at our race in Salt Lake City Saturday for the first time. I pushed them hard in 90+ weather to see what they could take and set a new fast lap time on the track in the process. They ROCK!
Gus,

Bring a set with you... they may be the compound to beat at TZ...
The 50's work great.. from 70- 90 degrees.. keep in mind the sun does not heat the track like it does back home..(shaded) the new surface has made a hug difference in grip and has increased tire wear just a little...

See you in a few days.. travel safe..
Old 07-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ran the Sweep 55s at our race in Salt Lake City Saturday for the first time. I pushed them hard in 90+ weather to see what they could take and set a new fast lap time on the track in the process. They ROCK!
Those 55's looked awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on a set. The 50's did well though. But that 140+ degree track temp was killing the tires!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Congrats on your win Tom...........

Go FAST & Sweep'em ALL!
Thanks Leon!!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Was it humid where you were running the 55's ?

This past weekend was very low humidity and some of the racers were having a hard time hooking up on 50 tread in the late afternoon. They switched to 45 slick for the main which was late. Their cars were planted!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
Gus,

Bring a set with you... they may be the compound to beat at TZ...
The 50's work great.. from 70- 90 degrees.. keep in mind the sun does not heat the track like it does back home..(shaded) the new surface has made a hug difference in grip and has increased tire wear just a little...

See you in a few days.. travel safe..
Clete,

The TZGP has a spec tire of 50 Sweeps. I would however be interested to see how they work.

Troy
Old 07-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have had some humid days of late, but Saturday was pretty hot and dry. In the dry heat with track temps around 140, the 55s were very good and held well in a 6 min. qualifier. I have yet to try them in a long main. I'll bring some with me to let you take whirl with them, Clete.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Cool thanks. We run 10 min qual. Very fun!! 1 stop.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

One of our racers was coming back from Montana on his Harley and hit an elk. Knocked him out and he lay on the side of the road for an hour before he came around and managed to flag down some help. He was scraped and beat up , but his bike was trashed.. He's up and doing well. He'll be back racing soon I'm sure. Elk steak anyone?
Old 07-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
Clete,

The TZGP has a spec tire of 50 Sweeps. I would however be interested to see how they work.

Troy
ummm ... no shit. But i would like to see if they work well.... calm down Troy.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

One of our racers was coming back from Montana on his Harley and hit an elk. Knocked him out and he lay on the side of the road for an hour before he came around and managed to flag down some help. He was scraped and beat up , but his bike was trashed.. He's up and doing well. He'll be back racing soon I'm sure. Elk steak anyone?
Awww damn... Sorry to hear that.. I have seen a few elk and sheep hit on the way up to Evanston, WY.. by mirror lake.. not pretty.. One of my buddies in less a spleen because of a Elk meeting his Ducati.. Hope he heals fast...I will take the tender loin
Old 07-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Big GT turn out expected at Floyd Bennett field on East coast and Time Zone at Washington!

Coast to Coast GT action this weekend. be there or be square!

as the GT recognizing as real racing class, we will have 30Min main race at Time Zone Grand prix and at Floyd Bennett Filed, we been promised to get same main race time as other classes (1/8th Pan, 1/10th TC).

Enjoy Racing.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Default Sweep Them All!

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
Big GT turn out expected at Floyd Bennett field on East coast and Time Zone at Washington!

as the GT recognizing as real racing class, we will have 30Min main race at Time Zone Grand prix and at Floyd Bennett Filed, we been promised to get same main race time as other classes (1/8th Pan, 1/10th TC).

Enjoy Racing.
We really appreciate all the support and extra effort Sweep has expressed for the GT class in the Northwest. See you on the tarmac!
Cheers and good racing!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looking forward to the Timezone race . I have my Sweeps loaded and I'm on my way out today. It's great to hear that the GTs have arrived.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA

Enjoy Racing.

This weekend is also SouthWest Championship Series (SWCS) Race #5 at Porter, Texas. 30Min main is scheduled for the GT class same as other classes in the series. Big GT turn out is also expected at this event this weekend. Race HARD !!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Yes this looks like a good GT race weekend:

Floyd Bennit Field - East Coast - now that would be a drive in the "Stealth Van"

Time Zone GP - (need to make this one)

Porter Texas - (need to do the same here as well)

Lincoln, Nebraska - for the Heart of America Series race.
I'll be there and if like in the past should have 16 - 20 cars but may be down due to the Heat Index.

Spooky 1, I think you should have the best weather ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.