R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-14-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default On Road tracks in Las Vegas

Are there any On Road tracks in Las Vegas? Planning a trip and I want to take my GT.

MBX5-T/XTM 24.7, TMAXX Classic, Blitz, Rage Brushless
Thunder Tiger EB-4 S2 converted to 1/8 Super GT On Road /Picco .28
It's Alive! It's Alive!
BigMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:32 AM   #2
Tech Master

Silver Bowl Next to Boyd Stadium Where the Soccer fields are at.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
Tech Master

Silver Bowl Next to Boyd Stadium Where the Soccer fields are at. 4 Aces/Team Taylor Racing online Websight.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You might also want to check with the Hobbytown at Sahara and Decatur. They set up a club parking lot track for racing on weekends. You want to check with them about what days and times they do this.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Paris memorial race will be in Oct. this year at the Silverbowl. I think it is the 24th, but I may be wrong on the date. Team Taylor racing will have the specifics on this one. That is always a fun race and a good bunch of GT racers always come down from Utah for that one.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
Tech Master

Silver Bowl is in a public park. On or off road, it always open. Few guys on tuesday and thursday nights on off road track. You need to be a member of ROAR to Race there. On-road you'll find a few practicing during the week at anytime. On-Road Racing every two weekends.

Hobbytown on Sahara & Decatuer, every other week end or Thursday night I believe. Its been awhile since I gone there. Like any other Hobbytowns schedule is.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

I can't wait. I got nobody to race here in LA. These guys have big motors and stock gears and swear how fast their car is. I won't drag race my GT car. I've done a lot of work to get it to turn. I guess if I build something to drag race they'd be scared of that too. Vegas should be fun. I just want to see how my car does against another thats all.

It's Alive! It's Alive!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #8
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMiles View Post
I can't wait. I got nobody to race here in LA. These guys have big motors and stock gears and swear how fast their car is. I won't drag race my GT car. I've done a lot of work to get it to turn. I guess if I build something to drag race they'd be scared of that too. Vegas should be fun. I just want to see how my car does against another thats all.
LA, Ca. used to have 3 permanent tracks. Sun Valley, Revelation & Crystal park. Revelation went to off-road. All with in 40 minutes from one to other. What I hear, Whittier parking lot will open. Only weekend open. Look ito GLARCC club for thier racing schedule. Somewhere in Orange county and The Rose Bowl they race on weekends.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:04 AM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
With a GT car you really will not have anybody to race with as the class is dead, actually it never took.....anywhere, if you want to race get yourself a 1/10 sedan or a 1/8 scale on road car.
Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #10
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android View Post
With a GT car you really will not have anybody to race with as the class is dead, actually it never took.....anywhere, if you want to race get yourself a 1/10 sedan or a 1/8 scale on road car.
I'm just getting back into the hobby. Much older now. 1/10 is too little to see and 1/8 is too fast for now. I need track time. I traded my Mugen MTX for a motor for my GT now I can't even get on the track with GLAARC. In reality the only thing I have is competitive drive and a homemade car.

I'm about to buy an 1/8 and get some laps in.

It's Alive! It's Alive!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:07 AM   #11
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezatec View Post
LA, Ca. used to have 3 permanent tracks. Sun Valley, Revelation & Crystal park. Revelation went to off-road. All with in 40 minutes from one to other. What I hear, Whittier parking lot will open. Only weekend open. Look ito GLARCC club for thier racing schedule. Somewhere in Orange county and The Rose Bowl they race on weekends.
My buddy says there is a city park in OC but it is off road. I'll check out the rosebowl next.

It's Alive! It's Alive!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android View Post
Class is dead?!? Really?!? Guess you have not been keeping up with the two GT thread in this section. There was a GT Worlds race back in March, held in Homestead, FL with only GT cars being run. About 80 guys from the US, Mexico, Central/South America, and some of the Carribean Islands attended. There is an upcoming nationals race in Joliet, IL this September for GT cars only. They race them consistently in the Midwest and in Utah. Don't know where you got your facts from, but you are mis-informed about the GT class.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #13
Tech Master

Quote:
My buddy says there is a city park in OC but it is off road. I'll check out the rosebowl next.
For Rose Bowl, Check with Speedtechrc.com or call them. Think every 2nd & 4th weekends each month. Believe they sponsers the race. Speedtech is located in San Gabriel, 702 S. San Gabriel Blvd.

Have Fun!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #14
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Class is dead?!? Really?!? Guess you have not been keeping up with the two GT thread in this section. There was a GT Worlds race back in March, held in Homestead, FL with only GT cars being run. About 80 guys from the US, Mexico, Central/South America, and some of the Carribean Islands attended. There is an upcoming nationals race in Joliet, IL this September for GT cars only. They race them consistently in the Midwest and in Utah. Don't know where you got your facts from, but you are mis-informed about the GT class.
The class is dead in SoCal, nobody runs it there.
ScottyLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #15
Tech Rookie

Good luck running at the Las Vegas Silverbowl, unless they have one of their (2 a year) races. I hear theres an ahole that thinks he owns the place, even though its a city owned track, and wont let anybody run unless you pay him!

There's always someone that has to ruin it for everyone else while trying to tell people that its in everybody's best interest.
ScottyLV is offline   Reply With Quote