R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 1/8 Pit crew equipment

Stopwatch, gloves, fuel bottle, starter box, glow starter, tuning screwdriver, body pins and a fresh set of tyres both front and rear. My pit man is carrying this when his in the pits. What other pit tips do you all suggest to help with faster refueling?

I've seen pit crews pick up their car and forcefully toss (somewhat like a hard rolling push) the 1/8 car down the pit lane. Compared to just refuelling, and setting down the car to accelerate away, is this 'tossing' technique an advantage?

Is 3 seconds the basic time we need to refuel the car?
BigBellyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I hate tossers, car just ends up flipping or going into the wall or something. Just drop it down.

For a long main, a set of gears already on the two-speed hub or one-way hub is nice to have. Maybe a center belt too.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellyCat View Post
Stopwatch, gloves, fuel bottle, starter box, glow starter, tuning screwdriver, body pins and a fresh set of tyres both front and rear. My pit man is carrying this when his in the pits. What other pit tips do you all suggest to help with faster refueling?

I've seen pit crews pick up their car and forcefully toss (somewhat like a hard rolling push) the 1/8 car down the pit lane. Compared to just refuelling, and setting down the car to accelerate away, is this 'tossing' technique an advantage?

Is 3 seconds the basic time we need to refuel the car?
How about an extra glow/turbo plug. Don't know what rules you have for refueling. In our area, we remove the vehicle from the pit lane, refuel it and put it back in the pit lane. The process requires about 3 to 4 seconds.
PDX-Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Some aspirin and maybe a couple cans of Tecate holstered on each side to help calm the pit mans nerves.
Wanabrc is offline   Reply With Quote