Wiki Posts
Search

dirt oval to street....???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default dirt oval to street....???

hey guys can a dirt oval car run onroad ? or are they designed to go left all the time??? I'm looking to go 1/8 onroad.most of the used 1/8th cars I run into are dirt oval.and I want to turn right also.....
Old 06-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Oh come on, stick to dirt oval. Dirt is for racing, Asphault is for getting there.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by diesel32x
Oh come on, stick to dirt oval. Dirt is for racing, Asphault is for getting there.
LOL.....we don't have a place to do it here ,I realy wish we did I would be all over learning it...but we got a huge school parking lot smooth as a butt and no wheel bumps.I like the bigger scale stuff but seem to only find dirt oval used cars thats why I'm askin about turning right with theese oval jobs.....
Old 06-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

You can use the Losi or even the OFNA dirt oval and use it to turn right. You will probably have to even out both sides and work on the suspension but you can do it.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:21 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetfreek
LOL.....we don't have a place to do it here ,I realy wish we did I would be all over learning it...but we got a huge school parking lot smooth as a butt and no wheel bumps.I like the bigger scale stuff but seem to only find dirt oval used cars thats why I'm askin about turning right with theese oval jobs.....
come to the electric on road thread. look for gt on road. look for GT class--buggy-based on road electric!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
come to the electric on road thread. look for gt on road. look for GT class--buggy-based on road electric!
I started out electric a brushless alloy rustler, fast and buy the seat of yer pants driving but a ton of fun.....then the noise and smell got me and I cant go back right now...I need a fire breather....!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Initiate

It has been said to balance the suspension but you may want to look into a 2-speed trans. A large smooth lot begs for a second gear!