R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Questions?? HELP/TIPS Kyosho V-ONE-S Cadillac Escalade,

Hello people I am obviously NEW here and am seeking help with the Escalade model of my wife's. It was purchased pre-owned, I performed a frame-up restoration on the model with many new parts and at this time it's 90% complete.

I am looking to make pals and picture share, learn what mods or hop-ups are there from those skilled with this tpe of model. Thank you new pals, because I am too-new... I cannot post pictures so all help is greatly respected,

-Gregory
Big Lettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

sounds cool welcome to the forum u need to get some posts in so u can post some pics i think u only need 10 post to be able to post some pics
Old 06-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Talking Escalade (V-ONE-S)

Thank you for the welcome-in, well if ten is the assumed mark I would have seven left to go. I got another OB4 PARTS WTB thread out there too so we'll see what pops? But I will def get pictures of her Escalade here when I hit my mark, -Gregory
Old 03-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Talking Pictures of V-ONE-S Escalade,

Well if I did this correctly these are all for you people! Very hard finding hop ups and NO HELP from anybody either so this has truly been hard and all that said V-ONE-RRR parts will fit... They WON'T I already spent a ton of money just to learn this F-A-I-L

Well now I have also learned that 9mm deep dish wheels look good but they hit the body in the front when you turn so these have been tossed. I got some 3mm type!

Factory exhaust muffler has been rerouted to the rear by cleverly using a metal coat hanger and bending it as so to act as hangers for the muffler and it comes right out of the driver side rear of the suv and is really sturdy.

I did find a host of mods for the chassis as these are early pictures just after it came from the paint shop or they would have cut the fenders in the front to allow for those wide wheels so the wheels came last.

More images later on if people like this Kyosho V-ONE-S Cadillac Escalade. Anybody with parts for sale for one also message me, if I like/need them you got a buyer

Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

Smile Built For My Wife,

Pic of it in the sales window @ Hobby WOrks in Laurel Maryland, THANK YOU SCOTT

The Hotness,

Super SeXXXy!

Notice the white painted lug nuts, we worked hard.

Ohkay now I am Audi-5 team, peep my 235mm Sepents in another thread and my OFNA OB4's later on.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Still needing help team,

I read V-ONE-S & V-ONE-S2 are same chassis and I know they are old but I guess or assume somebody has one still or has owned one?

May you chime in on this thread, share picturers, tips, & hop up info I am wanting to hop it up. Old car but somebody please shed some light and thank you.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Unhappy Anybody...

Are there any takers on this car? Mods-help-advise-tips

Dang man..... Somebody chime in & step to this?
Old 02-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"People these are great cars and all of them are in the V-ONE family. I was shocked to find that many V-ONE-RRR parts could / can fit the V-ONE-S as I have both a V-ONE-S and a V-ONE-RRR! Things like alloy knuckles/hubs and alloy arms you know 'general parts' that you can still get to hop this car up nicely" <- is this for real? I need your confirmation and show me some photos of yours as I'm also looking for ho up parts. Thanks man!
chinkeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
Tech Initiate

Post My (wife's) V-ONE-S Escalade, PLEASE READ LONG

Well sir here is the dirty dirt... FRONT-MODIFY!

1) Well let's start with the front FW05T and V-ONE-RRR front hubs, upper control arm, and lower control arms parts are the same. However the problem wit hthe V-ONE-S is the bulkhead and the width of opening where the lower control arm would be affixed. The outer width of the V-ONE-RRR / FW05T lower control arm is wider that the inner width of the bulkhead area where this should be mounted. You will have to cut away some of the plastic to make it wider to allow for the increased width of the FW05T / V-ONE-RRR lower control arms becaue the V-ONE-RRR / FW05T front bulkhead will not mount to the V-ONE-S chassis plate! I suggest use a micrometer to measure the outer end of the lower control arm you wish to add, use a razor to mark the area to cut, suggestion is to mark and cut the area towards the center of the chassis to retain the vertical aligment of the hub screws.

Use a vise to hold your chassis plate (I did not), gently mill away the nylon and test-fit it step by step until you mill away enough nylon to make it fit properly. Again my set was done by hand and may look funny but is tight as a set of BRICKS! Picture momentarily but front was done...
Old 02-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

Post V-ONE-S REAR modify,

Well... Here for the back of the bucket the V-ONE-S hubs are different where the dog bone attaches to them. V-ONE-S runs dog bone from strut tower back plate to side of hub while FW05T / V-ONE-RRR runs from the same place but attaches to the top of the hub!

The V-ONE-S parts will not work because these dogbones are different in shape and cannot rotate if you force them to top mount. You will have to get he small parts for this application from ANY V-ONE-RRR or FW05T that are originally designed to mount to the top of the hub and done!

Rears are in nicely, now for the photo of the front, BRB...
Old 02-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
Tech Initiate

Wink V-ONE-S Pictures,

This may look shabby to you but this is done SOLID and no shifting of the lower control arms either side! We even dabbled with the mounting of rear facing exhaust to increase the realistic appearance of the SUV.

Bad part is you DO NOT live in the USA and frankly this car has a lot of alloy parts... Like my FW05T, V-ONE-RRR, and (2qty) OFNA-OB4's all rose alloy and we had a baby, life and things have changed frankly if you lived in the USA and offered the right price I would sell these kits!

The SUV body has not had windows cut out yet, my Escalade EXT (pick up) has not even been painted. I have (2) 4wd Serpents and (1) 2wd and a cool sturdy OB4 with a .18 big block swap. All of them have aluminum wheels, these wheels on the Escalade were swapped off for some [email protected] JDM silver aluming 5-stars,

But anyway want more photos? email me at home [email protected] thanks, -Gregory

Last edited by Big Lettuce; 02-19-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: No Photos? :s
Old 02-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
Tech Initiate

Smile Picture Post

Trying to see if they will post now, if they dont sir email me at home [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
HELP/TIPS Kyosho V-ONE-S Cadillac Escalade,-img00305-20110326-1101.jpg   HELP/TIPS Kyosho V-ONE-S Cadillac Escalade,-img00663-20110113-1651.jpg