R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-24-2004, 10:38 AM   #31
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: what engine are you guys curently running?

Quote:
Originally posted by baller360
what engines are you guys curently running?i would like to know cause i will be buying a engine pritty soon and i would like to no what the majority of you use. also tell me how much (hp) it has.Thanks!
Forget about crazy numbers on HP, because every manufacturer uses different methods for claiming them. All I can tell you is that with current technology and rules a modified .12 engine's top HP could be 1.6hp as a maximum. I'd say that stock motor's real hp figures could be around 1.4 hp.

Now as to what engine I'm currently running, it is a
Sirio S12 Evo 2 personally modified. It keeps up with the current line of Nova based engines (at least at my club's track) and yesterday I placed in second behind an RB V12, and third place was a Novamega 2106.

I would suggest you first decide if you wan't a Nova based engine ( 8 brands), or a Picco based engine( 4brands), or a Sirio, OS, STS, Rossi or Palmaris engine. Second if you wan't a stock or modified engine(several good tuners).
Third, availabilty of parts and support on your area.
And finally your budget.
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:23 AM   #32
Tech Addict

Marcos.S710,
How does your OS hang with the other engines on the track? and also how much did it cost...I am looking to get a new engine and I had an OS and liked it very much.
Thanks
jhigga15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:34 PM   #33
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jhigga15
Marcos.S710,
How does your OS hang with the other engines on the track? and also how much did it cost...I am looking to get a new engine and I had an OS and liked it very much.
Thanks
Yes I agree OS makes excellent quality engines. If you track is relatively smaller (not those 280ft sweeper tracks)...then the OS is fine. But once the track gets big, than the Italian horses will gallop past you.
In short, OS got great low and mid range, but relatively less top end, but if your track don't even have the room to hit the end on an european engine, there is not much point in getting one (they are much more expensive).
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:06 PM   #34
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by B
Yes I agree OS makes excellent quality engines. If you track is relatively smaller (not those 280ft sweeper tracks)...then the OS is fine. But once the track gets big, than the Italian horses will gallop past you.
In short, OS got great low and mid range, but relatively less top end, but if your track don't even have the room to hit the end on an european engine, there is not much point in getting one (they are much more expensive).
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:35 PM   #35
Tech Adept

how are those trinity rossi black pixis?
i dont really know the exact name cause they call it so many different names but you know the black pixis. also do all sirio engines come with a black head on it now, and is rossi pixi an engine line too? they got so many engines out there i dont know what to choose!!

but let me narrow it down

1.i want a 3port engine

2.turbo

3. .12

4. 1.50hp or above

5.willing to spend no more than $290.00

6.and it doesnt matter if its modified by michael salven or the other top modifiers out there as long as its below $290.00
baller360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:39 PM   #36
Tech Adept

also what is the fastest sirio out there? and does anybody know where i could find the specs on the mugen x12 engine been looking for it for a long time, has anyone seen this engine in action?
Old 05-24-2004, 03:57 PM   #37
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by baller360
how are those trinity rossi black pixis?
i dont really know the exact name cause they call it so many different names but you know the black pixis. also do all sirio engines come with a black head on it now, and is rossi pixi an engine line too? they got so many engines out there i dont know what to choose!!

but let me narrow it down

1.i want a 3port engine

2.turbo

3. .12

4. 1.50hp or above

5.willing to spend no more than $290.00

6.and it doesnt matter if its modified by michael salven or the other top modifiers out there as long as its below $290.00
For that budget, I would narrow it between a Murnan Modified Sirio S12 Evo2, and any of the following:
Novarossi NSR 12 S3
Top TSR 12 S3
Rex RER 12 S3
Novamega SX 12 SS 3P
Mugen X12

But if it were me, I would try the new Mugen X12.

Rossi Engines, is a different company than Novarossi, and I don't think their engines are at par with above.

Sirio Evo2 engines come with big blue head.

AFM
Old 05-24-2004, 03:58 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to goldenboy

just my opinon, DONT GET A SIRIO, there carbs blow. but if you want to spend extra money on a carb, i guess you can get a sirio.

i dont know where you can find info on the x12, but i know www.teamtrinity.com has info on the black pixie
goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:03 PM   #39
Tech Adept

whats wrong with sirio's carbs?
Old 05-24-2004, 04:09 PM   #40
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to goldenboy

they are plastic
goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:09 PM   #41
Tech Adept

I agree with goldenboy I had two sirio and connecting rod went on both motors with less than 1 gallon
Lil Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:10 PM   #42
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenboy
just my opinon, DONT GET A SIRIO, there carbs blow. but if you want to spend extra money on a carb, i guess you can get a sirio.

i dont know where you can find info on the x12, but i know www.teamtrinity.com has info on the black pixie
Not true, you must base your opinion on the old Sirios, the new Evo2 Sirios come with the best carb I've used until now, I even use it on my back-up engine (RB X12) And of course on my Sirio Evo 2, which is the fastest engine I've had until now, and i have it since March, and the only thing to watch out is conrod duration, you must cahnge it every 2 to 3 hours of racing, besides that it is avery reliable and stable engine, even when modified.

Specs on the new Mugen X12 are at www.mugenracing.com
Murnan Modified Sirios at www.murnamodified.360k.com

Uriah Murnan modifies both engines, so I would contact him, he can advise you better than anyone the strong points of each make.

AFM
Old 05-24-2004, 04:13 PM   #43
Tech Adept

well then i think i narrowed it down to 2 engines now the mugen x12 and the novamega sx-12 ss 3pt. thanks for your help you guys are really helpful now all i need to find is some information on that mugen x12!do they have a site for only mugen engines?
Old 05-24-2004, 04:13 PM   #44
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenboy
they are plastic
No they are not, they are made of a special composite that prevents heat of the engine to pass on to carb, and as i've said the new ones are tha best carb i've seen.
AFM
Old 05-24-2004, 04:20 PM   #45
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
No they are not, they are made of a special composite that prevents heat of the engine to pass on to carb, and as i've said the new ones are tha best carb i've seen.
AFM
Yeah, they're like Nylon Composite or something. Engine manufacturers like RB, Sirio, Novarossi, and Picco use these kind of carbs on their offroad engines. Why? Metal carbs are going to be much hotter than the nylon composite carbs. And they said the heat from the metal carbs lead to the flow of the fuel from the fuel inlet nipple to be unstable (bubbles).
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote