R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   My First Car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/410628-my-first-car.html)

Rachm 06-23-2010 05:10 AM

My First Car

Hi,

This is my first time posting here so HI! I've been interested in RC cars and planes for quite a while now and I finally have a job. To start off I want a RTR kitand I was wondering if either of these are good options as I don't want to buy something too cheap and then replace soon:

HPI NITRO RS4 3 DRIFT
or
HPI NITRO RS4 3 EVO

I would post the links but I can't because I'm apparently not good enough for ya'll. :D

I think I like the drift cars much more but I hear they are slower and wear out easier? Also the page says the EVO comes with an electric starter am I right? This would be very useful would it not?

Look forward to your input.

Rachm

Turbo9000 06-24-2010 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rachm (Post 7578982)
Hi,

This is my first time posting here so HI! I've been interested in RC cars and planes for quite a while now and I finally have a job. To start off I want a RTR kitand I was wondering if either of these are good options as I don't want to buy something too cheap and then replace soon:

HPI NITRO RS4 3 DRIFT
or
HPI NITRO RS4 3 EVO

I would post the links but I can't because I'm apparently not good enough for ya'll. :D

I think I like the drift cars much more but I hear they are slower and wear out easier? Also the page says the EVO comes with an electric starter am I right? This would be very useful would it not?

Look forward to your input.

Rachm

Hi, yes the evo kit does come with an electric power starter, so there is no pull starting. You still will need a glow ignitor. You would need a 7.2v stick pack with a tamiya connector for the electric start.

My pops has the evo (not the drift), I bashed it in a parking lot last weekend. Its pretty fast, the engine makes plenty of power, and its still relatively controllable. ( it will power drift plenty on dusty concrete) It was fun until a header screw backed out and the pipe came separated from the engine. :weird:

capone 06-24-2010 06:04 PM

I own the Nitro RS4 3 Evo+ and Its not that great of a car to be honest. the Quality is pretty good but in my opinion its a bit slow and the electronics are crap.

ive also ran into Fuel tank issues where no matter what I do the stupid thing isnt Properly Sealed so it sucks in air. I dont recommend the car personally.

leesmith126 06-26-2010 11:21 AM

i have the drift version its such great fun. it sll boils down to if your racing or thrashing asbout in a car park! i think driffting is much more fun ! also im new to nitro and i found it easy to control1 i have hours of fun trying to drift like a pro!:D

Rachm 06-27-2010 01:56 AM

Yeah I'll prbably get the drift one. How long does the pull start take?

hende 06-27-2010 02:13 AM

get a slash :sneaky: