R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-20-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Which Nitro Car is tough enough for beginners?

Well I've acquired a NTC3 which has the plastic gear cases.

It had "The Fix" in the rear, but not the front. The front is still pretty loose and could use some help up there.

I'm just starting out, and yes I do hit the car once in a while, but I don't think it's hard enough to do the damage that is being done. Lost a rear and front arm last time and the front gear case is pretty loose.

Do I just swap them out for the alumimum gear cases? Will this add the rigidity up front that I need?

Thanks!
elmar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:53 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Default Gear Case Issues

I wouldnt use the Alum / Metal cases at all .. what you might want to do if its an oldre car ... (front and rear suspensions look about the same) go get the Version 2 rear suspension upgrade .. it works a lot better than the old suspension ... then put "THE FIX" parts that you had on the back upfront ... or .. do the fix that I did ... use the larger screws off of the buggy ahhh part #9644 I think ... and put them into fresh diffcases for teh shock tower mounting .. that way it will hold down the old front and the new rear better ... the 9644 screws are a little wider and a little longer .. so they grab in better ... you might have to drill out a little JUST FOR THE SCREW HEAD ... dont open up the whole thing ... they go in tight and I havent pulled a tower off since ( I did the mod middle of last summer ) ..... as far as the new rear suspension I was forced of the track where I run last weekend ... the car cartwheeled for about 30ft .. broke both rear rims ... not a thing broken on the car itself ... and all the rear toe and camber settings were still perfect ... I just slapped on a new set of tires and ran the next heat ...

have fun racing

E
roddude65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:31 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

The TC3 is a great car for beginners as far as driving, setting up, and working on the car. It's quite possibly the worst for beginners when it comes to fragility. A car that is almost bullet proof is the Kyosho V-One R. I have one for sale if you're interested.(shameless plug) PM me for details.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:25 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by mckrooz
The TC3 is a great car for beginners as far as driving, setting up, and working on the car. It's quite possibly the worst for beginners when it comes to fragility. A car that is almost bullet proof is the Kyosho V-One R. I have one for sale if you're interested.(shameless plug) PM me for details.
Yea the kyosho Vone series are so tough!!! never broken a thing on these cars! i've had 1 VoneS and 2 VoneRR's.!
Old 05-21-2004, 08:21 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

NITRO TC-3. parts are readily available, and it's easy to work on.
Charlie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 06:30 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie O
NITRO TC-3. parts are readily available, and it's easy to work on.
It's not about getting the parts, it's about barely touching the wall and replacing the arms all the time...
elmar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 06:36 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by elmar66
It's not about getting the parts, it's about barely touching the wall and replacing the arms all the time...
haha! well said