Wiki Posts
Search

2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
They sauce because they want more traction than everyone else, not because traction is low.

What I heard is that Pietsch, Hara, and the Xray team were caught with sauced tires. I think they should let everyone sauce with a control additive. Calibrate the "sniffing" machine to that additive, and if anybody is using a different one, disqulify them.
Yea but anyone running Matrix tires has sauced tires from the factory "supposedly". They pre-treated all the tires with something to add traction. This is the reason now they are thinking of using a control tire last I heard.

EA
Old 04-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Theres no way that people will be able to use sauce. If you squeeze a tire with a paper towel if any liquid at all has been near it it will show up. Guys that have been soaking their tires at night wont be able to use those tires with this method.

EA

Pit boards really need to be super clean or you can pick up stuff from that too.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Collari and a lot of others seem to be furious.
They say they've prepared for a WC w/o tire additives and won't have any of this.

This could get bad...
Your right...this could get bad for everyone really quickly. Sad situation that the rules are not defined enough either allowing or barring the use of it.

EA
Old 04-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well, if they're using 32/35 tires, I'd say they're looking for traction. If they spray traction onto the track, they'll be using 37/40 tires and traction won't be an issue. I also think they should be able to use any sauce they want.
They sauce because they want more traction than everyone else, not because traction is low.

What I heard is that Pietsch, Hara, and the Xray team were caught with sauced tires. I think they should let everyone sauce with a control additive. Calibrate the "sniffing" machine to that additive, and if anybody is using a different one, disqulify them.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

No qualifying today. Teams will have to true new tires under IFMAR supervision in the morning and will be held until they qualify.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Lord

Spray down enough VHT and sauce would not be an issue as it would only make you traction roll. Instead you would want three year old 40's that had been baking on your dashboard or something to make the car controllable.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

I'm feeling sorry for the privateers that signed up for this race. Cutting more tires and less track time with all the BS to boot.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Francis M.
I'm feeling sorry for the privateers that signed up for this race. Cutting more tires and less track time with all the BS to boot.
Yep, glad I couldn't go now.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
Yep, glad I couldn't go now.

LOL...
Old 04-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No qualifying today. Teams will have to true new tires under IFMAR supervision in the morning and will be held until they qualify.
I think thats the best idea. For next Worlds there should be a "tire impound". The drivers give the tires they will run before the qualys start, there needs to be a truing area supervised by an oficial, if a driver needs to true tires the tires are given from his batch by an officeil IN the trueing area, and the tires dont leave the area until the drives get to the staging area for their run. It still leaves a lot of loopholes, but it closes some.

Or, allow tire doping and be done with it.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Spray down enough VHT and sauce would not be an issue as it would only make you traction roll. Instead you would want three year old 40's that had been baking on your dashboard or something to make the car controllable.
+1
Old 04-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Or, allow tire doping and be done with it.
Best possible solution, period.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are the drivers themselves going to be tested for "performance enhancing" Chemicals?

Well, at least I now know that Nitro On-Road is not immune to ridiculous controversy.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Best possible solution, period.
Yeah, the only drawback is the effect that all the different additives might have on the track, it could get deteriorate the track to the point where theres no traction.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Francis M.
The whole issue is because the sniffer is broken. This saucing issue seems to be about nothing, They should just permit it since it's not in the IFMAR rules and the Host never mentioned it prior to the event. Another issue with the saucing is some people are going out on 2nd run tires which picks up what ever contaminant the track has.
At last years 1/10 200mm EC in Gothenburg, Sweden, EFRA said that they had a "sniffer". When racers wanted to test their tires EFRA said that they didn't have it with them.
According to info on this forum, IFMAR is now saying that there sniffer got broken in transit to the US.
Has any racer ever seen this piece of equipment?

Best
Mackan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.