R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #1306
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Congratulations to Robert and his team!

I was fortunate to meet him at the EFRA Euros last year and he was a phenominal driver then and a nice guy too!

IFMAR are always going to get stick when "the internet" sees something doesn't go exactly how they expected. At the end of the day, IFMARs job (or rather, the job of those IFMAR Officials - who are volunteers of course!) is to apply the rules in a fair and consistent manner. I have absolutely no doubt that is exactly what they did. You'll struggle to find someone more dedicated to their section or knowledgable about the rule book than Sander.

I now can't wait for this years Euros - can Robert continue his excellent form, will Dario be the one again mounting a challenge, can Collari put this year behind him and return to the top step of the podium?!?!?! The Worlds has certainly provided us with some fantastic stories and I'm sure they will continue throughout the year. Of course, you'll be able to catch up with all the action from the Euros at www.efra.ws in late June!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #1307
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1 View Post
Yeah well that wasn't the RULE was it! The race is in the books...END OF STORY!
The rule states that lower mains WILL run in the rain. If you're willing to do that to otherwise "lesser" drivers, then shouldn't the "better" drivers be subject to the same disadvantages? That seems completely unfair, end of story.
HB Cyclone/Futaba 3Pk/Tekin RS/Novak 17.5
Old 04-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #1308
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would like to say that the entire crew with Liverc did an outstanding job broadcasting this event.

Congrats to Robert and Mugen on their win.

I think some of you keyboard know it all's need to find a job.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #1309
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default You

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?

Last edited by Pooh2; 04-19-2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: I was trying to PM
Old 04-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #1310
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert R View Post
Simply I think you guys have beat this thread to death.
just remember a lot of the crap talkers don't go to these races so don't waist your time on them it was a great event PERIOD. . . . there just like TMZ
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 04-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #1311
Tech Master

wingracer - For the record, I ran fast in practice (6th in the fast 3 laps - no sause) but I ran without a 5 minute set-up in the car - I was about 15-20 seconds short. Once we adjusted gearing/2speed, clutch and I altered my driving to make 5 minutes I was no longer to match the hot laps of the fast guys running only 3:30-4:15 on fuel.... Both Ielasi and I did struggle with clutch problems - The clutch nut would go out at 3.0-3.2mm and come back in the low 2.1-2.3mm range. My last qualifier and the Semi Final I lost the 1st gear one-way and it put me out of a chance to make the Final (I think it would have been an easy Semi with everyone crashing/flaming out). Lemieux was not fast but definatly had lady luck on his side to bump as many times as he did and make the Final but unfortunetly a servo went out in warm-up and ended his weekend....

Keep in mind, we did run an entire day of practice with them spraying the tires with alcohol before we went out and then another round that I know a TON of people tried tire sause. The track changed a lot and a lot of us switched tires from what were were running to something else (most Enneti to Matrix) - We lost set-ups and little details that we had spent 4 days working on. Yes, some of the cars (Mugen) had super balanced set-ups and these track/tire changes didn't effect them but some others - Shepherd, Xray, Kyosho really lost some pace. The track change seemed to help the Serpent and Capricorn guys.

Checking in on RCTech through the week it's quite hilarious to hear all of you take shots, talk crap or completely guess as to what's going on without being at the race.

In the end, Robert and everyone in the Final put on a heck of a show and he is the deserving World Champion!! Enough said and end of this story.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #1312
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
wingracer - For the record, I ran fast in practice (6th in the fast 3 laps - no sause) but I ran without a 5 minute set-up in the car - I was about 15-20 seconds short. Once we adjusted gearing/2speed, clutch and I altered my driving to make 5 minutes I was no longer to match the hot laps of the fast guys running only 3:30-4:15 on fuel.... Both Ielasi and I did struggle with clutch problems - The clutch nut would go out at 3.0-3.2mm and come back in the low 2.1-2.3mm range. My last qualifier and the Semi Final I lost the 1st gear one-way and it put me out of a chance to make the Final (I think it would have been an easy Semi with everyone crashing/flaming out). Lemieux was not fast but definatly had lady luck on his side to bump as many times as he did and make the Final but unfortunetly a servo went out in warm-up and ended his weekend....

Keep in mind, we did run an entire day of practice with them spraying the tires with alcohol before we went out and then another round that I know a TON of people tried tire sause. The track changed a lot and a lot of us switched tires from what were were running to something else (most Enneti to Matrix) - We lost set-ups and little details that we had spent 4 days working on. Yes, some of the cars (Mugen) had super balanced set-ups and these track/tire changes didn't effect them but some others - Shepherd, Xray, Kyosho really lost some pace. The track change seemed to help the Serpent and Capricorn guys.

Checking in on RCTech through the week it's quite hilarious to hear all of you take shots, talk crap or completely guess as to what's going on without being at the race.

In the end, Robert and everyone in the Final put on a heck of a show and he is the deserving World Champion!! Enough said and end of this story.
+1
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 04-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #1313
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default TEAM USA

well I got home and started my new job today.I just thought I would chime in and say after all that went on I had a great time at the worlds race.It was great to meet all the people that I read about and people from other countries.I did alot of walking and used alot of sun screen and I still got sunburned.I can't wait for our season to start.I hope to see all you guys at the races.
JOHN MULLEN Retired Team Manager USA
Old 04-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #1314
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrdude View Post
well I got home and started my new job today.I just thought I would chime in and say after all that went on I had a great time at the worlds race.It was great to meet all the people that I read about and people from other countries.I did alot of walking and used alot of sun screen and I still got sunburned.I can't wait for our season to start.I hope to see all you guys at the races.
nice meeting you john glad you enjoyed the show

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 04-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #1315
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post
just remember a lot of the crap talkers don't go to these races so don't waist your time on them it was a great event PERIOD. . . . there just like TMZ
half the crap started because some big mouths that were at the races called up their friends or posted up made up stories before they really knew the truth behind some of the stories. Some statements did not need to be mentioned on the net or through phone calls to post on the net right away until the truth came out, they were just trying to make some of the racers sound like cheaters or make the race sound like a failure.. shame on you guys for that.

Some of those statements came from non racers that stir crap up all the time.

Great racing...and being with friends even if it doesn't go perfect has planned...

I like to give a big thanks to LIVERC, Charlie, Barry, Brandon and the entire crew for their hard work and great coverage.

Also like to thank the crew from the officals and working crew from Homestead RC speedway for their hard work.

Thanks to John Mullen for his hard work. He must of walk 25 miles all weekend.. Nice job.

All the races and mains went well and by the book. I am sure some things can been different but that not for me to say on the net to make the race sound bad.

Thanks for the memories......

Last edited by YLLIB; 04-19-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #1316
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Retired.... Until the next Worlds. John was very busy keeping everyone informed. That is a job nobody else wanted because of all the BS you have to deal with. Thanks for coming down to be our team manager.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #1317
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
half the crap started because some big mouths that were at the races called up their friends or posted up made up stories before they really knew the truth behind some of the stories. Some statements did not need to be mentioned on the net or through phone calls to post on the net right away until the truth came out, they were just trying to make some of the racers sound like cheaters or make the race sound like a failure.. shame on you guys for that.

Some of those statements came from non racers that stir crap up all the time.

Great racing...and being with friends even if it doesn't go perfect has planned...

I like to give a big thanks to LIVERC, Charlie, Barry, Brandon and the entire crew for their hard work and great coverage.

Also like to thank the crew from the officals and working crew from Homestead RC speedway for their hard work.

All the races and mains went well and by the book. I am sure some things can been different but that not for me to say on the net to make the race sound bad.

Thanks for the memories......
as you & others will see its always the same culprits time and time again they shouldn't worry what goes on or what chassis does what there not going to buy it or go to any big races anyway i love rctech & rc racing gets me out on a weekend pass from the fam.

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 04-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #1318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Any video of the A-main?

Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
Old 04-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #1319
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I want to echo Tony Rice's comment on John, what a great guy who took a job nobody stepped up to. John kept everyone informed and was constantly walking around talking to all American drivers and trying to be there to assist when needed. This was not an easy job, give John the credit for being there trying his best so that we can focus on racing. Thank you John!!

Rick W
Old 04-20-2011, 01:07 AM   #1320
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Thank you for the updates Josh, dude you should have been the behind scenes reporter for liverc...
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Closed Thread